PDA

View Full Version : Need help from Sunshine Shoppers!

SunshineGirl
01-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I just got a call that my sister-in-law had her baby. She wasn't due for a couple of weeks but her water broke and they had to do an emergency c-section. It's a little girl and I need to send a gift now ASAP! I wasn't ready because I thought we still had a couple of weeks. Any suggestions for something very classy and girly?

jl8595
01-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Don't know if this is what you had in mind, but I just gave a "Skip Hop" diaper tool box to my friend at her baby shower and it was a HUGE hit. It was passed around the room multiple times and she's since emailed me spontaneously to mention how much use she's getting from it. My Mom and I came across it at FAO Schwartz during one of our trips to NYC. Apparently "Skip Hop" is one of the new chic baby brands (who knew - we just thought it looked cool, LOL).

http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=283&f=1048

Congrats to your family!!

jnorth1007
01-06-2009, 06:44 PM
How about a beautiful smocked outfit to go home in? With bows and ribbons since she only has boys she will love dressing up her new baby girl.

Love2Shop
01-06-2009, 07:23 PM
How about a baby girl gift basket from Proflowers? I think this basket is so cute (and useful too).

http://a1128.g.akamai.net/7/1128/497/0001/www.proflowers.com/prodimg/GFTSGBpnkbrbbybskt_l.jpg?

Found it thru the SR shopping links. ;)

bbangel
01-06-2009, 07:28 PM
How about a baby girl gift basket from Proflowers? I think this basket is so cute (and useful too).

http://a1128.g.akamai.net/7/1128/497/0001/www.proflowers.com/prodimg/GFTSGBpnkbrbbybskt_l.jpg?

Found it thru the SR shopping links. ;)

That is soooo cute!

pbhall13
01-06-2009, 08:42 PM
I just bought the boy option of these socks for my friend (I always buy these for my family/friends if they find out what they are having as a Congrats your having a Baby type present)

Always a big hit......little girl ones are so precious.......bought them thru shoebuy yesterday and they came TODAY!!!!

http://www.shoebuy.com/bibi-and-mimi-mary-jane/248464/532555

faithhope
01-06-2009, 09:14 PM
How about a gift of a food basket for Mom...sometimes it is just hard to find time (and something) to eat with a new born.

fourfoxesinpa
01-06-2009, 09:16 PM
I love to give books to a new baby because they will use them for a long time. Can't go wrong with Pat the Bunny, Goodnight Moon, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, any of the Sandra Boynton books, some Dr. Seuss, etc. And for a new baby, I like to add On the Day You Were Born by Debra Frasier. And I bet a SR merchant even has some girly bookends.

Congratulations Aunt Tricia and Uncle Kevin and I bet your girls are over the moon about having a new cousin!

Iteach
01-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Take a look at personalizationmall.com They have really awesome personalized baby gifts. My son and daughter-in-law got a beautiful personalized frame when my granddaughter was born in September. It included my granddaughter's name (first, middle and last), date of birth and time, weight, Mom and Dad's name and it was simply beautiful! I loved it so much that I got one for myself! When I ordered mine just recently around the holidays with several baby personalized ornaments, I received my order in about 5 days. You can have it shipped right to their house. I think it's a very thoughtful, personal and useful gift!

Congratulations on the newest member of your family! :heart:

mjjmbnmm
01-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't have any ideas, but would like ideas too, my SIL is due in 4 weeks (girl), I really like he gift basket.

rainy~daze
01-06-2009, 11:34 PM
I was just looking at the UGG baby booties in pink. they are cute!!

sqromano
01-07-2009, 12:37 AM
I just had a girl 3 months ago after having two boys. The things I loved getting were the extras - a handprint/footprint kit with picture spot (great one in Red Envelope), little shoes, and a pink fill-in calendar (much easier to fill out than a baby book when I am crazy with all three kids!). Congrats to the new family!

jl8595
01-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I was just looking at the UGG baby booties in pink. they are cute!!

I actually saw these at the mall a couple of weeks ago and they were hilarious! So adorable!

speechteachri
01-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Does she live anywhere warm? I ordered my cousin a pink hydrangea to display in the house then plant in the yard when her daughter was born. She reslly liked that it was something that would always remind her of when she first "got" her baby...she adopted.:love:

fourfoxesinpa
01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Does she live anywhere warm? I ordered my cousin a pink hydrangea to display in the house then plant in the yard when her daughter was born. She reslly liked that it was something that would always remind her of when she first "got" her baby...she adopted.:love:

I LOVE that idea!!! I may just steal that one when my SIL has her baby in July (you could get the blue one for a boy!) :heart: it!

Belle
01-08-2009, 03:58 PM
How about a gift that would keep on giving- one share of Disney stock from Oneshare.com?

I like this engraving:
EVERY PRINCESS SHOULD
BE ABLE TO BUILD HER OWN
MAGIC KINGDOM

Alice28
01-08-2009, 05:46 PM
With my 3rd baby (who was my first girl), I was totally charmed by the Robeez slippers- Gap carries them and I'm sure many of our other retailers here on SR do too. They come in so many fun designs and really stay well on baby's feet when other shoes and socks just slip off. I remember I had a pink pair with PRINCESSES on them for Molly- so CUTE!

http://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=42814