PDA

View Full Version : Daily Survey Help

basketrn
01-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Why can't I do daily surveys on my MAC computer??? I have tried both Safari and firefox and no luck. Any suggestions?

TIA

gpp2001
01-10-2009, 11:42 AM
What's the problem you are having? I use a Mac and have no problems with surveys.

I little more info would help.

Iteach
01-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Why can't I do daily surveys on my MAC computer??? I have tried both Safari and firefox and no luck. Any suggestions?

TIA

Well, I have been around and around with myself about this very issue. I'm on a MAC and have had the same problem. Thank goodness my DH has a PC so when for whatever reason I can't do one on my mac, at least I have another option.

Here's the info that I can share with you. It may not help, but it's all I know. My son is a mac IT person. His thought is that my mac is 3 years old and not intel based, but others who do have intel based macs have had problems too, so who knows, but it makes sense to me. When I go on the new mac computers at my school I can do a DS and SM survey with no problem. I have gone for a few months at a time without being able to do a DS or SM survey on my Mac (not and issue with OTX, I can always get into those) and then all of a sudden I can do them on again. That happened over my 2 week winter break. I tried one day and all of a sudden I could get in, then after 2 weeks I couldn't again. I wondered if it was a cookie thing, but I can't figure out which cookie I might be clearing that could cause the problem. For me the frustration is that I can't figure it out and neither can the IT people. I have been a SR member for almost 2 years and this just started being an issue late last summer. As I said, I'm probably not helping you much at all and wish I could help both of us by figuring it out! If at any point you figure anything about about this it would be great if you could post about it. Sorry for the long post and good luck. I hope you can figure it out!

basketrn
01-10-2009, 01:30 PM
What's the problem you are having? I use a Mac and have no problems with surveys.

I little more info would help.

You enter all the demographics and click next and the screen goes white and nothing.

I have had this problem since the big shake up with the daily surveys (when everyone was blocked) so I have been using my dell laptop to do surveys with no issues. Well that was a company issued computer and I am no longer with the company so all I have is a MAC now.

I am disappointed that I won't be able to do the daily surveys anymore.

Has anyone contacted greenfield to ask them about this issue?

mollyeilis
01-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I think we were trying to come to a consensus to take to greenfield, and the Intel vs not-intel idea sounded like it was it, but then I remember some non-Intel Mac owners saying that they had no problems. So there was no consensus to try to get Tricia to go to GF about it.

Iteach
01-10-2009, 01:54 PM
You enter all the demographics and click next and the screen goes white and nothing.

I have had this problem since the big shake up with the daily surveys (when everyone was blocked) so I have been using my dell laptop to do surveys with no issues. Well that was a company issued computer and I am no longer with the company so all I have is a MAC now.

I am disappointed that I won't be able to do the daily surveys anymore.

Has anyone contacted greenfield to ask them about this issue?

I have no idea if GF has been contacted about this and wonder if they would know the definitive answer. That would be so nice!

What I find so strange is that I will go for several weeks and have the same result as you, I enter all my demographics, click and then get the white screen, and then all of a sudden I try one day and for whatever reason I can get them for a few days or a couple of weeks. I have noticed that when I can't do a DS on my mac that when I enter my demographics and click, get the white screen and go back that my demographics have not been saved like they usually are. I have wondered if that's part of he problem.