PDA

View Full Version : CD is closing

sammielynn
08-09-2007, 06:58 AM
I just was reading my e-mail and saw that CD is closing. I signed up there but never did anything through that site. But still it is sad to see it happen.

sunshinecindy
08-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Well, I think she has another full time job, and believe me, to run one of these sites properly, it takes more than full time. With all the new restrictions and fraud going on, you really have to scrutinize everything you put out there and even the members. The advertisers are cracking down so hard that that in itself is a full time job.Tricia and I met her at the Summit and shes a very nice young lady...she;ll do well in her next endeavor, and I know we wish her luck.

SunshineGirl
08-09-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm REALLY surprised at this one. Although, the advertisers are starting to crack down on ALL shiftcode sites. And in general it is getting harder to keep a handle on things.

Just to reassure everyone, we are doing just fine. :) In fact, if SG's company does close soon, he will likely just start working at SR fulltime because we can use the extra hands. Our membership numbers are still growing about 5% a month and our overall revenue numbers are staying stable (down a little from the summer slumps). So no mass cashouts everyone, okay? LOL!

llgray16
08-09-2007, 08:01 AM
That is really sad to hear about Kira. I was hoping she would make it but I can completely understand her decision.

As for SR, that is great news! I'm sure it is a tough decision to put all your family's eggs in one (SR) basket but you know we will support you :sunshine:

wdwabby
08-09-2007, 08:35 AM
wow, that is sad and I'm sure it was a hard decision. I had tried CD and it just didn't work for me, but it was a nice site and a lot of people did well over there and really enjoyed it (and the little ducks everywhere were adorable!)

I wish her the best as well - I'm sure that she'll do well in whatever else she decides to pursue.

bs4free
08-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Sorry to here that CD is going away, (have no idea what it is), but running a great rewards site must take lots and lots of time, I am however very happy and glad to here SR is growing and stable Kinda at the same time! That is Good News! BTW SGirl I dont think were all planning on rushing the SR bank anytime soon.

schachteles
08-09-2007, 10:18 AM
You kinda knew that she was going to close. Like she said in her e-mail, people aren't making the big money like they were and then that just costs her more money. It is too bad because so many people made some great money there, I am sad to see it go, but we will move on...and always have SR to rely on!!

Should be interesting to see how the other GPT site do. Makes you nervous, I have gotten to like those gift cards!

bartleby1
08-09-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm sad to see CD closing. She ran a nice program. I totally understand why she's doing it though and wish her the best of luck!

Anne
08-09-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm sad to see it go..I was hoping she would pull through all this mess. I liked her site a lot but I could tell things were going slow for her.

I wish her the best of luck!

bbangel
08-09-2007, 11:43 AM
That's too bad. She seemed nice although I never used her site.

Tricia your comment about mass cashouts had me flashing on the scene in Mary Poppins where they cause a run on the bank over their tuppence. :rotfl:
We won't do that to you!

m 'n c
08-09-2007, 11:46 AM
I think the only cashout run you should be expecting from us will be that next disney cashout promo. I know I'm saving up again for at least another $100

bs4free
08-09-2007, 11:47 AM
That's too bad. She seemed nice although I never used her site.

Tricia your comment about mass cashouts had me flashing on the scene in Mary Poppins where they cause a run on the bank over their tuppence. :rotfl:
We won't do that to you!

I was thinking of the scene from It’s a Wonderful Life (1946).

chipndale
08-09-2007, 11:54 AM
We won't do that to you!

That is my DD5 favorite movie. We might do that to her if she does another Disney cash out. :rotfl:

llgray16
08-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Sorry but I have to make a fairly sizebale cashout before that WDW trip - only 44 days to go :cooldance:

mollyeilis
08-10-2007, 07:02 PM
I was thinking of the scene from It’s a Wonderful Life (1946).

I thought of that too. Even though I hate that movie more than any other movie (except for Dungeons and Dragons, but even that might have a cultish sort of amusing quality to it).

bs4free
08-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Well when i was taking a History of banking and money couse in college we spent a few days going over this topic of runs on banks and all the problems and we got to watch that clip so that why i knew about, I have not actualy seen the whole movie, mabey i should.

I have no idea how long its been since i have seen marry poppins either, I dvred it a few months ago and just have not watched it mabey tonight after monk and psyc if BB8 feeds are not any good.

mollyeilis
08-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Well when i was taking a History of banking and money couse in college we spent a few days going over this topic of runs on banks and all the problems and we got to watch that clip so that why i knew about, I have not actualy seen the whole movie, mabey i should.

Sounds like an interesting course!

Most everyone in the universe loves it...I personally see the main character as abusive towards his family, and it's hard for me to watch to the end for the redemption of his character, b/c I just don't care. (though I have seen it many, MANY times)