PDA

View Full Version : Gift Baskets

Soccer Princess
08-09-2007, 11:30 AM
I think I want to order a surprise basket for our upcoming WDW trip. I see I basically have 3 choices: Peggy's Sweets and More (but she can't actualy include sweets in the basket anymore right? :)),Memories by Betsy, or the Disney Florist. Are there any big differences? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Mom2aPrincess
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
I used Memories by Betsy in June and it was great. At the time, I did a little research and it was also going to be the cheapest option for me too. I was so satisified that I'll be using it again in December for our trip. Very personal. Great with recommendations. Got the personalized Guest of Honor badges and birthday button for it....I was really impressed.

I haven't used the others so I can't compare, but I can tell you that Memories by Betsy gets stellar reviews from me.

wdwabby
08-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I used memories by betsy to make a basket to surprise my parents with when we arrive in september - a small thank you for taking me along on their trip. Betsy was WONDERFUL! So easy to work with, very responsive, had some great ideas. I got to personalize the card with a poem I wrote and what character I wanted it to be "from" she worked with me through the whole thing and then emailed me a pic of the basket as soon as it was done. I can't recommend her enough!

I'm hoping that the rents don't stumble on this, I know my mom won't but I hope my dad won't - he's the bigger risk, he loves his internet!

here's the pic, I'm very excited about it - it should hopefully be waiting for us upon check in!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/disneybasket.jpg

there are mickey etched wine glasses (they have the champagne glasses from the restaurant they were engaged at - this trip is celebrating their 26th anniversary, so I was attempting to work on a theme)
a minnie mouse dressed as Tink (my mom's fave)
a toy monorail for my dad
2 refillable mugs
a guest of honor badge for each w/ their name

Hedy or anyone else who finds my pre-trippie on the DIS - if you breathe a word I will hunt you down and smack you! My dad has a lot of surprises in store for my mom so this is my one shot at doing something to surprise him!

bs4free
08-10-2007, 02:55 PM
I used memories by betsy to make a basket to surprise my parents with when we arrive in september - a small thank you for taking me along on their trip. Betsy was WONDERFUL! So easy to work with, very responsive, had some great ideas. I got to personalize the card with a poem I wrote and what character I wanted it to be "from" she worked with me through the whole thing and then emailed me a pic of the basket as soon as it was done. I can't recommend her enough!

I'm hoping that the rents don't stumble on this, I know my mom won't but I hope my dad won't - he's the bigger risk, he loves his internet!

here's the pic, I'm very excited about it - it should hopefully be waiting for us upon check in!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/disneybasket.jpg

there are mickey etched wine glasses (they have the champagne glasses from the restaurant they were engaged at - this trip is celebrating their 26th anniversary, so I was attempting to work on a theme)
a minnie mouse dressed as Tink (my mom's fave)
a toy monorail for my dad
2 refillable mugs
a guest of honor badge for each w/ their name

Hedy or anyone else who finds my pre-trippie on the DIS - if you breathe a word I will hunt you down and smack you! My dad has a lot of surprises in store for my mom so this is my one shot at doing something to surprise him!

I would love to read your Pre trip report looks like your going a few days after i get their, I will at the the world Sept. 1-15 only 22 Days to Go!

PS if you dont want to post a linky you can pm it!

wilsonfamily4
08-10-2007, 03:11 PM
can you put your pretrip report in the trip report forum here at Sunshine! I have been wanting to read some trip reports because it helps me stay sane while I wait for our trip.

bs4free
08-10-2007, 03:18 PM
What an even better idea!

Just did not know if she wanted to re-copy her report from dis to SR!

wdwabby
08-10-2007, 04:00 PM
here is the linky - remember NO mention of the basket if you decide to comment!

Fairytale Remix:Cindy and the 3 Bears - the Pre Trip Edition (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1474457)

We're having fun over there, both of my parents are posting on there too, so it's a family ordeal. Lots of pictures.

I'll post the link over at the Trip Report thread too ... I don't know/didn't know if it was allowed since it's on another board ...

bs4free
08-10-2007, 04:01 PM
here is the linky - remember NO mention of the basket if you decide to comment!

Fairytale Remix:Cindy and the 3 Bears - the Pre Trip Edition (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1474457)

We're having fun over there, both of my parents are posting on there too, so it's a family ordeal. Lots of pictures.

I promise Not a Word about it! In any way shape or fourm!

wdwabby
08-10-2007, 04:05 PM
I promise Not a Word about it! In any way shape or fourm!

good! I threw javelin in college, so I'm dangerous! haha

I think I'll wait on putting the link over on the trip report section, it'll get in the way of Angela's report until they decide to re-organize it :)

m 'n c
08-10-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm reading your trip report and it is fabulous. I love it. I definetly want to try one for my next trip.

I like the part about your homework. Don't worry I went that week in Sept. You will get to see everything you want and more than once. :sunshine:

Ok my next question was going to be free dining or not and I just found that. Try the Moroccan place for lunch one day as your CS.

Hedy
08-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Awesome basket, Abby!
I need to look into those-I'm deciding whether to have a basket delivered for DMom, or have flowers sent to our house once we get home (I always get her flowers on my dad's death anniversary, but I'll be in WDW and she'll be elsewhere in FL, meeting up with me later in the trip).
</ thread hijack>

bs4free
08-10-2007, 07:24 PM
good! I threw javelin in college, so I'm dangerous! haha

I think I'll wait on putting the link over on the trip report section, it'll get in the way of Angela's report until they decide to re-organize it :)

Threw javelin as in like pointed spear! OUCH!!! I am a rather large target too! Umm Thanks for the early warning never to get you made, Whats your range btw, just checking to see if you can throw a few hundred miles over firber optic cable! :rotfl:

Have not had a chance to read it all Can't belive it over 13 pages, Lots to catch up on!

wdwabby
08-10-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm reading your trip report and it is fabulous. I love it. I definetly want to try one for my next trip.

I like the part about your homework. Don't worry I went that week in Sept. You will get to see everything you want and more than once. :sunshine:

Ok my next question was going to be free dining or not and I just found that. Try the Moroccan place for lunch one day as your CS.

I wasn't sure whether or not to go for the pre-TR & TR, but I figured that I would want to keep notes and such for my scrapbook and it would help with that! It's fun :)

Were the love bugs bad when you went in Sept? I thought they were only out in June, but I've read in a couple places that they're out in the fall as well - eww!

Awesome basket, Abby!
I need to look into those-I'm deciding whether to have a basket delivered for DMom, or have flowers sent to our house once we get home (I always get her flowers on my dad's death anniversary, but I'll be in WDW and she'll be elsewhere in FL, meeting up with me later in the trip).
</ thread hijack>

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, she did a great job and there are things in there for both of them. Should go over well. If you do a basket, go with Betsy, she's great. You could always send a smaller arrangement of flowers or a nicely done single rose, etc so she has something on the day of and do a small basket for when she gets there? That way you have the best of both worlds ...Betsy's site is www.memoriesbybetsy.com - check it out and see what you think. I'm sorry about the passing of your dad, I can't imagine how hard that must be on both of you :hugs:

Threw javelin as in like pointed spear! OUCH!!! I am a rather large target too! Umm Thanks for the early warning never to get you made, Whats your range btw, just checking to see if you can throw a few hundred miles over firber optic cable!

Have not had a chance to read it all Can't belive it over 13 pages, Lots to catch up on!

oh yeah, as in pointed spear! woohoo! My range, over 100 feet, but haven't mastered the art of going through teh interwebz yet ;) (key word: YET!) haha just kidding ... maybe .... : )

bs4free
08-10-2007, 08:02 PM
oh yeah, as in pointed spear! woohoo! My range, over 100 feet, but haven't mastered the art of going through teh interwebz yet ;) (key word: YET!) haha just kidding ... maybe .... : )

Ok I better not test your reslove or your skill, I will behave!

interwebz YET! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

m 'n c
08-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Yes there are love bugs but I am from the south and use to them. They are not as disguisting as people make them out to be unless you are driving and have to deal with scraping their dead bodies off your car and windshield which is next to impossible to get rid of. They don't bite so they get a thumbs up from me.

jacaluho
08-13-2007, 08:36 PM
I vote for memories by Betsy too! She did our basket for our upcoming trip quite a few weeks ago and then I was reading last night on the Dis boards more about the epcot passports and I was thinking about how my kids would really get into that. I asked her if it was too late to add those to my basket for August 26th and she said no problem, she would get them and add it. She has great suggestions and is so helpful. Can't say enough good things! :sunshine:

Soccer Princess
08-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Okay so with Betsy can you get stuff that is not shown on her website? Is there an extra fee for that? Any more pics you want to share? :) Thanks!

jacaluho
08-14-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm sure that if you have something you are looking for, she would try to find it for you. I am almost positive that she only charges what she pays for the stuff so there wouldn't be an extra charge. Some of the stuff people have listed isn't on her website.

wdwabby
08-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Okay so with Betsy can you get stuff that is not shown on her website? Is there an extra fee for that? Any more pics you want to share? :) Thanks!

You can ask her to pick up whatever items you're interested in. The minnie plush dressed as Tinkerbell wasn't listed on her site, but I knew it existed, so I asked her to pick one up for the basket. She has just put a selection of items up as a starting point and to give some ideas. If you have something specific in mind, let her know. I was having a hard time coming up for something specific for my dad and she was great about suggesting items, many of which weren't on the site, but she had seen in the stores. She doesn't charge you extra for items she doesn't have featured on her site, which is different from some of the other basket makers. It's just the flat $25 basket fee + total actual cost of your merchandise. Unfortunately, the pic I posted is the only one I have right now, since I haven't received the basket yet ... but if you're on the DIS, do a search for memories by betsy or memories by sarah and you should be able to find some additional pictures of baskets.

wdwabby
08-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I have to add too that I emailed Betsy yesterday to see if she could get the free anniversary pins to put with the basket since I forgot to ask for them earlier when she was actually making it. Got the response today - no problem, she actually keeps some there just for that purpose. A little thing, but really made me happy.

I would recommend her to anyone!

Soccer Princess
08-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Good to know! What is her e-mail address? The link on her web page is not working for me?

TIAMOMMA
08-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Good to know! What is her e-mail address? The link on her web page is not working for me?

It's betsy@memoriesbybetsy.com.

I just started a couple of weeks ago working on my basket with Betsy and she IS great! This was my best option since I needed two baskets and her price is $28.00 per basket plus $3.00 for an additional one (at same resort). She charges the exact price of the merchandise. And she will get you prices on things that aren't on her site. I'm so glad I found out about her!!

mjjmbnmm
08-15-2007, 01:44 AM
I'M having a basket for my dd, do you think I should have her bd button included or let her get it at the park?

lilianddomsmom
08-15-2007, 05:11 AM
I'M having a basket for my dd, do you think I should have her bd button included or let her get it at the park?

i think that it would be a nice suprise for her to open the basket and see the bd button in there.