PDA

View Full Version : GiveFun.com

nurseminnie76
08-09-2007, 12:29 PM
For those of you that made large Disney GC purchases through Give Fun, did they all come as $50 gc? Is it possible to get larger amounts? I would like to use this to pay off my trip but thought CRO might not be too happy if I call and use tons of $50 gc.

llgray16
08-09-2007, 12:33 PM
I ordered $700 and although they wre supposed to special order a higher denomination for me they did not! I received 14 $50 cards :( I used them to pay off my vacation online. It took longer but it wasn't too bad (just a bit of a pain.)

sunshinecindy
08-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I actually spoke with their rep yesterday after playing phone tag for a week. We discussed this, and she assured me that they are now ordering $100.00 Disney GC for your cashouts.

LuvMyBoys
08-09-2007, 12:46 PM
I actually spoke with their rep yesterday after playing phone tag for a week. We discussed this, and she assured me that they are now ordering $100.00 Disney GC for your cashouts.

Thank you Cindy!! I ordered $650 from them and it came in 12 cards!! It was really fun calling in all of those cards to Disney reservations! :p

DisneyMa
08-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Can someone tell me how this works? I went on the givefun website and it sounds like they email you the gift card? How do I go about paying for gift cards for me to use?:confused:

LuvMyBoys
08-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Can someone tell me how this works? I went on the givefun website and it sounds like they email you the gift card? How do I go about paying for gift cards for me to use?:confused:

Basically you choose to send the email for the giftcards to yourself and then you redeem the email by going to the give fun website and choosing which gift cards you want.

Does that make any sense? It seems more confusing now that I typed it out. :confused:

DisneyMa
08-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Ok, I think that makes sense. So it doesn't have to be a gift?

Ok- so another question. How long from the time of purchase until the time you receive the cards? Oh, and can the Disney cards be used at Disneyland?

Thanks for your help:sunshine2:

LuvMyBoys
08-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Ok, I think that makes sense. So it doesn't have to be a gift?

Ok- so another question. How long from the time of purchase until the time you receive the cards? Oh, and can the Disney cards be used at Disneyland?

Thanks for your help:sunshine2:

It can be a gift to yourself :) From the time I made the purchase/redeemed the email certificate (did that on same day) to the time I received the cards it took about 10 days. I was sure to keep calling them though so that they could verify my info and get the cards out. They verify the info on large orders (which is probably an order over $500, I'm guessing).

As far as I know the Disney cards can be used at Disneyland.

When I order from them next time, I will be sure to watch for their call (comes up unavailable on caller id), be sure to call and follow up to make sure my info is verified so they send the cards, and will allow at least 2 weeks from when I place the order so I'm not stressing out again!

HTH!! :sunshine:

Minniehaha
08-09-2007, 01:17 PM
I just received one card for $500.00
I can't believe how fast the service was. I ordered on August 3rd and received the card today which is August 10th! Now I wish I ordered more. Maybe I will since I am not leaving until the end of the month.

bs4free
08-09-2007, 01:25 PM
I can't believe how fast the service was. I ordered on August 3rd and received the card today which is August 10th! Now I wish I ordered more. Maybe I will since I am not leaving until the end of the month.

Even better today is only Augest 9th!

DisneyMa
08-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the info! I think I might place an order this month! You can't beat that deal! SR is going to pay me to buy Disney $$?! I love it.

Thanks for the quick responses:love:

nurseminnie76
08-09-2007, 03:46 PM

Thanks! I just placed my order. Crossing my fingers and hoping all goes well. :sunshine:

PSL1013
08-09-2007, 04:10 PM
I just looked over this website, can someone explain in detail how you purchase these Disney GC if you are purchasing it for yourself? How do they know where to send it...I assume there's a place to put your home address in after redeeming the certificate, if you want a physical GC and not just an electronic one. Just like to know these things beforehand. :)

LuvMyBoys
08-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I just looked over this website, can someone explain in detail how you purchase these Disney GC if you are purchasing it for yourself? How do they know where to send it...I assume there's a place to put your home address in after redeeming the certificate, if you want a physical GC and not just an electronic one. Just like to know these things beforehand. :)

When you "redeem" the givefun email certificate that you are sent, you go on their website and choose which physical gift cards you want to redeem it for.

So I bought a give fun certificate for me, the gift certificate email was sent to my email and then I redeemed the give fun certificate on their site by choosing to use it on Disney gift cards. Then give fun sent me physical Disney gift cards.

Does that make sense? :)

jnorth1007
08-09-2007, 04:18 PM
OK, you will go in and purchase a givefun girft certificate for yourself and have them email the gift certificate to you. Once they do that you take that information and go to their website where you will enter the info and choose the type of gift card you want to get (Disney) they will get all of your information including where you want it sent and then they send you the gift card. NOW, that is the simple version of how things worked with a Macaroni Grill GC. In the case of you doing a large sum GC they will probably have to verify your info. After you have requested your Disney GC I would call them and set up to have it sent. Make sure they know what you want and have verified that it isn't a fraudulent purchase. Make sure they are sending it through the correct carrier and in the correct denominations. I imagine eventually they will do it enough that they wont have to do this but for now you really want to verify it all with them. Then you should be able to get your cards in about 10 days but I would give them 2 weeks to be sure. HTH!

PSL1013
08-09-2007, 04:43 PM
OK, you will go in and purchase a givefun girft certificate for yourself and have them email the gift certificate to you. Once they do that you take that information and go to their website where you will enter the info and choose the type of gift card you want to get (Disney) they will get all of your information including where you want it sent and then they send you the gift card. NOW, that is the simple version of how things worked with a Macaroni Grill GC. In the case of you doing a large sum GC they will probably have to verify your info. After you have requested your Disney GC I would call them and set up to have it sent. Make sure they know what you want and have verified that it isn't a fraudulent purchase. Make sure they are sending it through the correct carrier and in the correct denominations. I imagine eventually they will do it enough that they wont have to do this but for now you really want to verify it all with them. Then you should be able to get your cards in about 10 days but I would give them 2 weeks to be sure. HTH!

Thanks, what would be considered a large amount?....would $100/$200 be an amount that they would not have to question? I just like GC for spending purposes not to pay anything off as we own DVC and don't have that to worry about that part of the vacation. :)

jnorth1007
08-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I think that most people have said that 500 was the cutoff but we dont really have any verification of that. Some people have ordered more and not had to verify. Never really know but they are working with us and you guys to try to get you what you need when you need it.

PSL1013
08-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I think that most people have said that 500 was the cutoff but we dont really have any verification of that. Some people have ordered more and not had to verify. Never really know but they are working with us and you guys to try to get you what you need when you need it.

Good to hear this! Thanks

m 'n c
08-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Alrighty I am going to give them a try tomorrow. I am under $500 so hopefully it will go very smoothly.

Minniehaha
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM
FUNNY.. I just had purchased a new lap top and I guess I didn't change the date. OH BOY!! I guess I wasn't late for my bills after all!:sunshine2:

Mom2aPrincess
08-09-2007, 10:15 PM

WOW!!! Did you request the one for $500? Or did they just do that? I was thinking I wanted to do this to pay off our vacation, but I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with the $50 cards...I will for sure do it if I can get $500 cards. :sunshine2:

Minniehaha
08-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I didn't ask. Maybe they are getting all this feedback?? I double checked my receipt to make sure that all the money was on the one card, and it
said $500. I haven't tried to use it yet. Maybe I should use it now to pay off my hotel to make sure its all there!!:)

m 'n c
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
I didn't ask. Maybe they are getting all this feedback?? I double checked my receipt to make sure that all the money was on the one card, and it
said $500. I haven't tried to use it yet. Maybe I should use it now to pay off my hotel to make sure its all there!!:)

I always call the number on the back of the card to verify the funds are actually on the card then write the amount on the back with a permanent marker so I will know when it comes time to book and pay for my trip.

Mom2aPrincess
08-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I always call the number on the back of the card to verify the funds are actually on the card then write the amount on the back with a permanent marker so I will know when it comes time to book and pay for my trip.

That's a good idea. I think I'll do that...I've got some rainforest cafe gift cards that I need to figure out how to do that also.

PSL1013
08-10-2007, 11:04 AM

I too always call the number on the back of the card to verify the amount....you never know with all the cards that are sent out if they could have sent the wrong amount! You don't talk to anybody, it's all automated. :)

bs4free
08-10-2007, 02:17 PM

I too always call the number on the back of the card to verify the amount....you never know with all the cards that are sent out if they could have sent the wrong amount! You don't talk to anybody, it's all automated. :)

Would this also be a good idea for Disney gift cards and others, to call to double check amounts! for our rewards here on SR as well? Has problems happend before? :confused: :confused: :confused:

m 'n c
08-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Would this also be a good idea for Disney gift cards and others, to call to double check amounts! for our rewards here on SR as well? Has problems happend before? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I just do it in general since I usually let my gift cards sit for a while before I decide to spend them and by that point I might have gotten another one (esp true with Walmart gc's since all my aunts and uncles send them but in different denominations). I've never had an issue with a gc from a reward program just a habit i've gotten into.

PSL1013
08-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I just do it in general since I usually let my gift cards sit for a while before I decide to spend them and by that point I might have gotten another one (esp true with Walmart gc's since all my aunts and uncles send them but in different denominations). I've never had an issue with a gc from a reward program just a habit i've gotten into.

Same here, I automatically call to verify.:)

bs4free
08-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks I think I will do the same just to know,

I hate when i go in to walmart with 10GC or so and no clue how much i have on any, I am sure a funny site at the register, as i ask for the dead onse back because i like so of the designs but thats my problem because i forget which ones had something on them so the all get to try again next time i go shopping at WM, We give a lot of wM gift cards in my family too.

nurseminnie76
08-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Ok - for anyone else wondering - yes you can get a larger denomination gift card. (Thanks for speaking to your contact Cindy.) I purchased $1000 on 8/9. I missed the call that they left on my answering machine so I called them back on 8/16. The lady I spoke with was very nice. She asked me if 10 - $100 would be okay. I told her if that was all she had but that I would really prefer a larger card and she said no problem and I should receive it in 3-5 days. It arrived today (8/21) by Fedex. It was one card for $1000 and shipped directly from Disney. I received my SR shopping credit yesterday on 8/20.

Hope this helps if anyone was still trying to decide if they wanted to order from givefun.com.