PDA

View Full Version : cashout suggestion - Trader Joe's

LuvMyBoys
08-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Can we please please please get Trader Joe's gift cards for a cashout option? :love: It's one of my favorite places to buy frivolous things for myself and I buy a ton of stuff there at Christmas time for gift baskets.

And it has cheap wine, good cheese, and the yummiest chocolate - all at great prices. It doesn't get any better than that!! :)

JillyFish
08-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Oooh...I LOVE Trader Joe's!!! :love: I wish there was one closer to me. I drive about 35 minutes, but it is worth it! After Disney I would definitely cash out for Trader Joe's!

sunshinecindy
08-09-2007, 05:19 PM
I can only get them if they have a bulk purchasing program. Most of those places don't, but I'll sure check for ya.

Lisaj68
08-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Oooh...I LOVE Trader Joe's!!! :love: I wish there was one closer to me. I drive about 35 minutes, but it is worth it! After Disney I would definitely cash out for Trader Joe's!

I could have written this post myself, except I drive about 50 minutes!!! :sunshine2:

JillyFish
08-09-2007, 10:09 PM
I could have written this post myself, except I drive about 50 minutes!!! :sunshine2:

Lisa...I'm in NE Ohio too!!!! What Trader Joe's do you go to?

Lisaj68
08-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Lisa...I'm in NE Ohio too!!!! What Trader Joe's do you go to?

I've only been to the one in....is it Beechwood???? It's by the posh outdoor mall on the eastside?

I hope to try the one in Westlake next week with a friend!!

JillyFish
08-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Yep, me too.

Actually, those are the only two stores I know of. I sure wish they would open one down Akron way!

Lisaj68
08-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Yep, me too.

Actually, those are the only two stores I know of. I sure wish they would open one down Akron way!

Me Too! Fairlawn would be Perfect!!!

JillyFish
08-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Oh yes! That WOULD be perfect!!! :)

LuvMyBoys
08-10-2007, 09:40 AM
I only have to drive 25 minutes to mine, but I guess that's for the best or I would be in there more than I should!! :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that they have a bulk purchasing program!! :sunshine:

sunshinecindy
08-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Trader joes has no purchasing program online at all, can't even purchase from them online and no gift card program. Sorry.

LuvMyBoys
08-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for checking. Oh well, can't have everything :(

bs4free
08-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Trader joes has no purchasing program online at all, can't even purchase from them online and no gift card program. Sorry.

Thanks for trying to get us a new one cindy! mabey someday they will have a program and a gift card program too!

CindyS
08-13-2007, 08:34 PM
We just got a Trader Joe's down the street. It's a first for this area, so I haven't figured out what I should be buying there. It looks like they have some good prices.

LuvMyBoys
08-14-2007, 09:43 AM
We just got a Trader Joe's down the street. It's a first for this area, so I haven't figured out what I should be buying there. It looks like they have some good prices.

My favorite things to buy there are: TJ's Pound Plus Belgian Milk Chocolate, all kinds of cheeses, mini toasts (the kids love these for snacks and they are very low fat), TJ Chai tea mix, TJ sparkling juices in the big glass bottles, TJ Maple Pecan Clusters cereal (high in fat but so good), TJ gelato, TJ's make your own salsa kit, TJ spicy tortilla chips, TJ salsa verde, and TJ frozen chicken enchiladas.

And a bunch of other fun foods but those are my faves!:love:

CindyS
08-14-2007, 11:08 AM
My favorite things to buy there are: TJ's Pound Plus Belgian Milk Chocolate, all kinds of cheeses, mini toasts (the kids love these for snacks and they are very low fat), TJ Chai tea mix, TJ sparkling juices in the big glass bottles, TJ Maple Pecan Clusters cereal (high in fat but so good), TJ gelato, TJ's make your own salsa kit, TJ spicy tortilla chips, TJ salsa verde, and TJ frozen chicken enchiladas.

And a bunch of other fun foods but those are my faves!:love:

Ooooh, those sound good! Especially the make your own salsa and spicy chips. I was surprised that TJs has the lowest price on milk in town - $2.99/gallon. :)

LuvMyBoys
08-14-2007, 11:15 AM
The great thing about TJ's is you can go there and get a lot of stuff that is either organic or at least is preservative/additive free and it's really fair prices. I like to get our snacks for our kids there b/c they are all preservative/additive free and the kids love them and I feel better about it. :)

Plus the stuff is at normal prices instead of the prices that you find at other "natural" stores (ie Whole Foods).

faithhope
08-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Go to the sample counter each time you go to TJs... you will soon learn what you like in the store...

I like the mixed nuts, spaghetti sauces, pasta, eggs (good price). Snack crackers, frozen fish, the canned tuna cat food is so much better for my kitties than the junk canned cat food I was giving them (and cheaper).
The sushi and salads make good lunches when on the run.

Faith
who used to think TJs was a junk food store, but knows better now

LuvMyBoys
08-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Go to the sample counter each time you go to TJs... you will soon learn what you like in the store...

I like the mixed nuts, spaghetti sauces, pasta, eggs (good price). Snack crackers, frozen fish, the canned tuna cat food is so much better for my kitties than the junk canned cat food I was giving them (and cheaper).
The sushi and salads make good lunches when on the run.

Faith
who used to think TJs was a junk food store, but knows better now

:rotfl:

I do get a lot of healthy stuff there (in addition to the enormous quantities of chocolate and cheese that I buy). :)

I forgot, their frozen tamales are really good too. :love:

JillyFish
08-14-2007, 01:48 PM
What do I like from Trader Joe's? Pretty much everything! There have been very few things I've gotten there that we haven't liked! Here's some of the things I can think of....

frozen corn - It's the BEST frozen corn, very sweet!
frozen mashed potatoes - VERY convenient!
ginger carrots - frozen
bowtie pasta in pesto sauce - Can't think what the bowtie pasta is really called....we call this "butterfly spaghetti" at our house. This is my kid's favorite! Frozen.
Naan - Indian flatbread, frozen
brown rice - frozen, cooks in 3 minutes in the microwave. I love this rice, it has a great texture
chocolate cat cookies
brownie bites
chocolate-covered coffee beans
ginger echinacea lemonade - in a bottle, lots of their juices are good
chicken portobella wrap - in refrigerated section
fresh pizzas
chicken enchiladas - frozen
French Onion Soup

That is just what I can think of now....there's lots more that we've liked.

Their meats are also very good. We love their Cabernet pot roast. I cook it in the crockpot with just a little water and it turns out so tender. Yum! They also have seasoned fresh salmon. We like the honey dijon and the southwest.

Okay, now I'm hungry!