PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Gosh!!!! I am in SHOCK!!!

disneyforever
01-16-2009, 05:28 AM
I decided to get DH a Nintendo Wii for his birthday. I have been watching store sales, ect for a while but prices were too high. Then about 5 days ago I decided to check ebay to see what they had. I followed sales and prices to see approx what the items sold for.

So today I am browsing and found an auction that was selling a Wii / 2 controllers / the steering wheel / 4 games (plus the normal sports disk) / and fit board with a starting bid of $1. I read thru about 4 pages of feedback - all rated 100% positive. Overall rating is 99% positive with approx 3000 items sold on ebay. So I watched it all afternoon and waited until 3 minutes were left then put my bid in. At that point there were about 15 bids.

I waited as the seconds counted down.

At 45 seconds I was outbid.

So I quickly put another bid in and waited.

Got outbid again.

With 6 seconds left I tried one last time... and

I WON!!!

I WON!!!

I WON!!!

My bid for everything was... $34.75.

Yes, you read that right. $34.75 for the entire package. Oh, and did I mention - free ground shipping? So I got an email about 20 minutes after I won and it says:

Congratulation on winning my Nintendo Wii package. You got a fantastic deal. Included in your winning bid are the following items:

1 brand new 2008 Nintendo Wii
2 Wii Remote Controls w/ Straps and Jackets
1 Nunchuk controller
1 new steering wheel for Wii Mario Kart racing game
Wii Motion Sensor Bar
Wii Console Stand & Plate
Wii AV cable
Wii AC adapter
1 Wii Fit bundle
1 Wii Fit balance board with over 45 games
4 Nintendo Wii games including Mario Kart racing game
Warranty Registration Card and Manual

All items listed above are new in box and unopened.

Shipping is free by Fed Ex ground. Items will arrive in 5-7 business days. Overnight Fed Ex is $35. I will also ship via USPS for $30

I only accept Paypal. Payment must be received within 3 days. Items will be shipped 1 business day after I have received payment.

Once again, Congratulations on getting a fantastic deal.

I emailed the guy back and asked why he started so low?!? He said he really thought it would go up towards the end. He never expected it to go so low. I think he is as shocked as I am - but for a different reason. :rotfl:

So hubby has his birthday present and I didn't have to break the bank. I am giddy with excitement! :banana:

I think I am going to order another Mario Kart steering wheel so DH and I can battle. LOL!!! I freakin' LOVE ebay! :cooldance:

Pooh's Pal
01-16-2009, 06:32 AM
:woohoo: WOW..that is AWESOME Congrats :clap:

and lets hope you pay for that bid through SR ;)

arob414
01-16-2009, 07:20 AM
That is incredible! I think you may have gotten the deal of the year. Congratulations! I hope your husband enjoys it (and lets you play, too.)

Sunni
01-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Wow! Fantastic! :clap:

That is incredible! Good for you! I agree that that was the deal of the year!

mmm611
01-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Definitely the deal of th eyear, wow! Congratulations! I just may have to see about checking ebay out for a Wii myself!

jl8595
01-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Good for you!!!! That's fabulous!!!!!!!!

Yes, definitely get a second wheel so you can race together. My DH and I are addicted to Mario Kart, LOL!

(and of course...Happy Birthday to your DH!!)

lanny76
01-16-2009, 09:59 AM
oh my goodness!!!! wowzers, what a deal!!:clap:

Magical JenK
01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
That's awesome!! Congrats!! I've been thinking of getting on too, but like you, didn't want to spend so much! May have to check out eBay! Wonder if he has a store and has more?? hahahahaha

juliokirkland
01-16-2009, 01:01 PM
What a steal!!! Don't you just love getting a great deal :banana:

jenvance
01-16-2009, 01:26 PM
That is an amazing deal. Congrats! And Happy Birthday to DH!

spring
01-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Wow, congrats! I'm thinking the seller won't ever put something like that up again without setting a reserve price.:D

schaery
01-16-2009, 06:07 PM
It's hard to say much more than WOW!!

LyndaM
01-17-2009, 01:46 PM
I'll give you fifty bucks for it - ha ha - only joking!

What an incredible deal! Congrats!:party:

MdCaterer
01-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Congrats on a great auction win!!!! You will love having the Wii. :party: