PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you cash out for ???

aknight373
01-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Here is my question:

Long story made longer :rotfl:

I have cashed out for a little over $300 dollars in disney gift cards in the past 7 months or so give or take.... for a trip that i dont even have planned yet.....

So fast forward and about 4 months ago we got a new puppy!!!! Which we knows what that means.... yeap you guessed it..

So my question is

1. Would you cash out for another disney gift card ?

2 or would you cash out for say like target to get a carpet steam cleaner.

3. just pay for a carpet cleaning service out of pocket and still cash out for disney gift cards

or

4 cash out for neither and just let the cash ride .... haha since i know we will take a disney trip sometime this year

or

any ideas would be great

:cooldance:

OK SO I MESSED MY POLL UP SORRY I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO EDIT THAT!!!!

mollyeilis
01-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Carpet cleaner. :) Mainly b/c I really want one, but never seem to have the cash on hand to justify it (especially since we only have carpets in two rooms now).

When we had our cat I would have LOVED to have such a thing.

So I'm voting for the steam cleaner. Much more sound option than to pay for renting a steam cleaner every so often, too.

aknight373
01-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks molly.... that's kinda what i am leaning toward

bbangel
01-17-2009, 02:20 PM
I went with other. I think you should cash out to Paypal so that you would have cash to do whatever you need. Stuff for the puppy and also some savings for your trip. Best of both worlds.

Love2Shop
01-17-2009, 02:24 PM
I voted for the steam cleaner too. Sounds like you really could use it right now and you don't have a Disney trip planned.

fourfoxesinpa
01-17-2009, 02:41 PM
I went for the Disney gift card. I would rather splurge and use SR $ for fun stuff that I'd never justify otherwise - it does a lot for me on cold, bitter days like this to look at that pile of gift cards and know that they'll be used someday for a trip where I'll see palm trees! If I would start using SR $ for household expenses, I just know that I'd never go back to cashing them in for Disney.

spring
01-17-2009, 03:20 PM
I chose the Disney Gift Card. It is one way to assure you are saving for your trip. However, I would definitely shop through SR for your Steam Cleaner and get the extra credit. If you have a Walmart near you, I'd do in-store pick-up and save the shipping.:D

m 'n c
01-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I voted for the steam cleaner. It is one of those things you probably wouldn't go out and buy for yourself but if you spent rewards to buy it you wouldn't feel so bad about it.

aknight373
01-17-2009, 03:54 PM
oh my.... all of you are making great points i keep reading each one and say true then i read then next one and i said true to that also... haha

Alice28
01-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I voted for the steam cleaner. It is one of those things you probably wouldn't go out and buy for yourself but if you spent rewards to buy it you wouldn't feel so bad about it.

I agree! It's still 'free' money! and who says 'free' money only has to be spent on something fun. To me if it's money that doesn't come out of your budget, even for something 'serious' is still pretty AWESOME. I would say 80-90% of my cashouts have been for Disney, but sometimes I have needed to get clothes for the kids, or a birthday gift for someone, but am short on general funds in my checking account.

faithhope
01-17-2009, 06:45 PM
How much??

If it is a small amount... I would probably let it ride... if it is over $100 then I would cashout...

Which one... tough call... If I had the money to buy the cleaner without hurting my budget then I would cashout for disney...
If you wouldn't be able to buy the cleaner without help...then cashout for cleaner

but then again... I always have a Disney trip planned... but I wouldn't be able to go without SR... for us if I don't put everything toward Disney...then we don't get to go that year.

You could do something else fun with the money... eating out, or gift card to buy something special

mmm611
01-17-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm not voting, but I think one thing to consider if the carpets won't need to be cleaned as much once you get the puppy housebroken. Is the steam cleaner something that you think you would still get a lot of use out of one you're past this stage?

Blessing and Miracle
01-17-2009, 07:21 PM
For me, all of my SR money is for something fun. I won't be cashing out until it's time for vacation. But's that just me.

One year, I cashed out for a lot of things that I wanted for me, myself and I. And that was a lot of fun as well. So with that being said, if a steam cleaner will make you happy, then go for it. :)

aknight373
01-17-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm not voting, but I think one thing to consider if the carpets won't need to be cleaned as much once you get the puppy housebroken. Is the steam cleaner something that you think you would still get a lot of use out of one you're past this stage?

wow, i never thought of that either, problery wont use it that much. Plus there is a carpet place right now that will come and clean 3 rooms for like 79.00 and they will move the stuff around also

Hedy
01-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Here is my question:

Long story made longer :rotfl:

I have cashed out for a little over $300 dollars in disney gift cards in the past 7 months or so give or take.... for a trip that i dont even have planned yet.....

So fast forward and about 4 months ago we got a new puppy!!!! Which we knows what that means.... yeap you guessed it..

So my question is

1. Would you cash out for another disney gift card ?

2 or would you cash out for say like target to get a carpet steam cleaner.

3. just pay for a carpet cleaning service out of pocket and still cash out for disney gift cards

or

4 cash out for neither and just let the cash ride .... haha since i know we will take a disney trip sometime this year

or

any ideas would be great

:cooldance:

OK SO I MESSED MY POLL UP SORRY I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO EDIT THAT!!!!

I'd go with Paypal.

mollyeilis
01-18-2009, 02:07 PM
wow, i never thought of that either, problery wont use it that much. Plus there is a carpet place right now that will come and clean 3 rooms for like 79.00 and they will move the stuff around also

But aren't those places chemical using places? And it's still a one time thing.

I've been yearning for the Bissell Green Clean Machine (I think that's what it's called) b/c it's so low chemical, little, cute, and seems to be easy to bring out to clean up spot spills. OK now I'm sounding like a commercial, I'll stop. :)

sammielynn
01-18-2009, 05:44 PM
I have two cats and bought a small handheld carper cleaner and love it! You have plenty of Disney bucks right now, you can use the cleaner for things other than the puppy.

fourfoxesinpa
01-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Here's another light-hearted option. :p Rip up the carpets if you have hardwood floors hiding under there. I mean, have you ever ripped up carpet and seen the underneath? No matter how many times it's cleaned, it's just so naaaaaassssttttyyyyyy. :eek: Then use the $ to buy a beautiful area rug. :D

speechteachri
01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
I chose Disney. I decided a while back that I would "probably" always cash out for Disney, because I don't think we'll get there any other way. The other stuff we need to do anyway. Having said that...if I was strapped for cash and needed something, I might change my mind...but I wouldn't like it!;)