PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ready Spring??? Have a great trip!

Sunni
01-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Pat...are you all packed and ready to go?? I was thinking of you this morning...getting last minute things together. You must be so excited!

Have a wonderful and safe trip! It sounds so exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it!

PSL1013
01-19-2009, 09:20 AM
The day is almost here, BON VOYAGE...oh how exciting, have fun and bring back lots of pictures. Wish I was going with you! :cry:

askomsky
01-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Have fun Pat!!! I can't wait to hear and see all the pictures when you come back! :banana:

Pooh's Pal
01-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Have a wonderful trip Pat and bring back some warm weather! :sunshine2:

pbhall13
01-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Pat have a wonderful time!!! Enjoy every moment of it!!

spring
01-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Oh, I almost missed this thread, LOL! I thought it was about getting ready for springtime. Glad I checked it out.:blush:

Yep, I'm excited and getting the last minute items packed. I work until Thursday afternoon, then DH is picking me up at work (hopefully with the suitcases, lol) and driving us up to Boston. We're staying overnight in a park 'n fly hotel (Wyndham Chelsea, for you Boston people). Our flight is on Friday at 4:35PM. We are flying Lufthansa into Frankfurt, Germany, then taking a smaller plane to Barcelona. We land at 9:30AM Barcelona time, which is 3:30AM here. Yep, we'll be a little messed up in the time department.

We get to "do the town" all day Saturday and Sunday morning before joining our cruise ship, the Norwegian Jade. I will be glad to give a TR when I get back. I will miss my SR family, but will check in if I can. If not, I'm sure my DD Lori (jl8595) will give updates.

Now I'm in countdown mode...............:D

PSL1013
01-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh, I almost missed this thread, LOL! I thought it was about getting ready for springtime. Glad I checked it out.:blush:

Yep, I'm excited and getting the last minute items packed. I work until Thursday afternoon, then DH is picking me up at work (hopefully with the suitcases, lol) and driving us up to Boston. We're staying overnight in a park 'n fly hotel (Wyndham Chelsea, for you Boston people). Our flight is on Friday at 4:35PM. We are flying Lufthansa into Frankfurt, Germany, then taking a smaller plane to Barcelona. We land at 9:30AM Barcelona time, which is 3:30AM here. Yep, we'll be a little messed up in the time department.

We get to "do the town" all day Saturday and Sunday morning before joining our cruise ship, the Norwegian Jade. I will be glad to give a TR when I get back. I will miss my SR family, but will check in if I can. If not, I'm sure my DD Lori (jl8595) will give updates.

Now I'm in countdown mode...............:D

How fun, I always wanted to go to Germany, maybe someday? Too bad you won't see too much of that country. Barcelona is really nice but we didn't see much because we landed in monsoon rain, hope the weather is great for you. You will be tired but the adrenaline takes over and it's not really that bad. We went on the Norwegian Gem for our trip.....have a blast and take lots of pictures.

spring
01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
We'll just be passing through Germany via the airport, lol. If I get seated near a window in the airplane, perhaps I'll see a tiny bit of it. DH likes the window, though, falls asleep and closes the shade. It drives me nuts!:rotfl: I'm just too "nosey." I just can't seem to sleep on a plane no matter how tired I am. In my next life, I'm coming back rich and will always travel via 1st class.:rolleyes:

3dog2kidmom
01-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Have a wonderful time, Pat!!!

~Kathie
01-20-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm so excited for you!! Have a wonderful time!!!

Blessing and Miracle
01-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Have a safe and wonderful trip!:)

spring
01-20-2009, 11:17 AM
After today, two more working days. Does it sound like I'm excited or anything?:rotfl: Thank you for your well wishes. You will all be going with me in my heart.

Hope ~Kathie is having a nice relaxing, WARM vacation in Vero Beach this week.

m 'n c
01-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Have a great trip. I can't wait to see photos and read your trip report.

~Kathie
01-20-2009, 10:39 PM
After today, two more working days. Does it sound like I'm excited or anything?:rotfl: Thank you for your well wishes. You will all be going with me in my heart.

~Kathie is freezing her butt off in Vero Beach!! :rotfl: It's been in the 30's at night and 50-60 during the day!!! We are right across the street from the beach so we are getting high winds which makes it seem colder. Not as cold as Rhode Island was when we left on Sunday and no snow!!! :banana:

But...I am relaxing and the weather is supposed to get better at the end of the week. Thanks for thinking of me.

We're meeting some friends for lunch at Shutter's at Disney's Vero Beach Resort (DVC) on Friday. It's about 10 miles north of us. We haven't been to the resort in a while so we are looking forward to it.

Have a great time Pat!!!:hugs:

speechteachri
01-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Pat, have a great trip!!! Take lots of pics!!:) I'm excited for you!

Kathie...stay warm there in FL, you hear?;)

Sunni
01-21-2009, 08:10 AM
~Kathie is freezing her butt off in Vero Beach!! :rotfl: It's been in the 30's at night and 50-60 during the day!!! We are right across the street from the beach so we are getting high winds which makes it seem colder. Not as cold as Rhode Island was when we left on Sunday and no snow!!! :banana:

But...I am relaxing and the weather is supposed to get better at the end of the week. Thanks for thinking of me.

We're meeting some friends for lunch at Shutter's at Disney's Vero Beach Resort (DVC) on Friday. It's about 10 miles north of us. We haven't been to the resort in a while so we are looking forward to it.

Have a great time Pat!!!:hugs:

Kathie ....I hope it warms up a bit for you!!!

Sunni
01-21-2009, 08:11 AM

Counting down for you.....how exciting!!!

spring
01-21-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm excited and heartbroken at the same time. We just dropped our two dogs off at Lori's (jl8595) house. Our older dog knows the routine. She's ornery for a couple of days, then settles down. Our little rescue dog has never spent a night without us in the 8 months we've had her. She loves my daughter and her girls, but she's still shy around my son-in-law. He will be her main caregiver. She looked at us in utter disbelief when we walked out the door.:eek: Frankly, I think she needs to be away from us so that she become less afraid of people. I hope she does well.

PSL1013
01-21-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm excited and heartbroken at the same time. We just dropped our two dogs off at Lori's (jl8595) house. Our older dog knows the routine. She's ornery for a couple of days, then settles down. Our little rescue dog has never spent a night without us in the 8 months we've had her. She loves my daughter and her girls, but she's still shy around my son-in-law. He will be her main caregiver. She looked at us in utter disbelief when we walked out the door.:eek: Frankly, I think she needs to be away from us so that she become less afraid of people. I hope she does well.

They could always be bribed with cheese...if Lori saved any for them? :rotfl: I'm sure they will be fine....dogs have no sense of time, I'm sure they will miss you and you them but you go and have a great time and Auntie Lori and SIL will take good care of them. Bon Voyage!!

jl8595
01-22-2009, 10:04 AM
They could always be bribed with cheese...if Lori saved any for them?

Drat...I forgot we were supposed to save them cheese. :D

The girls are doing well this morning. Holly was not as ornery as she usually is (yet). Scarlet didn't even notice her parents' absence and she jumped excitedly when DH came home from work this morning. He fed the three of them...Henry inhaled his food as usual (he's a lab)...Holly didn't touch hers (normal)...and Scarlet ate 3/4 of hers until she spied DH in the kitchen and jumped out of her skin. So perhaps she's still on the fence with him. He's sweet as pie to her but he has a very very deep (think Barry White) voice and he's tall, so I think she's spooked by that. They'll be best friends by the end of today I'm sure...he has a way with dogs.

pbhall13
01-22-2009, 10:16 AM
he has a very very deep (think Barry White) voice

How nice for you Lorrie!!:D

spring
01-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm glad Scarlet isn't pining away for us. I thought she might, at least just a little bit. Lori, I think you will be her Mommy for the two weeks. She really likes women a lot better than men.

DH is picking me up at work today on the way to Boston. 2PM can't come soon enough! Hopefully, he'll remember all the suitcases, especially the one with the tickets, or we'll be making an unscheduled stop back home, lol.

I'm not taking a computer, so I want to say goodbye to all of you. I'll try to take lots of pics (and remember what the pics are of:rotfl:).

jl8595
01-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Just a mini update...got an email from my Mom today. They were just leaving Rome after having visited The Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Cathedral, the Coliseum, the Forum and Circus Maximus. They're having a great time - the weather is a little cool and drizzly.

Their dogs are doing just fine. As predicted, Scarlet is best friends with my DH now, LOL. She quickly figured out that he's the doggie care giver and has redirected her attention from me to him. Both Holly and Scarlet are tired and trying to nap whenever they can. They're not used to living in a household with two children, a third dog and four cats (two cats that actually LIKE dogs and command their attention), so I think they're a bit tired from the nonstop activity. Such a tough life!

PSL1013
01-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Glad to hear that she is having fun...I remember all those places and it was very exciting. Happy also to hear the doggies are surviving even though they are not used to all the activity......it's like Disney, they are going to need a vacation after the vacation! :rotfl:

~Kathie
01-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Just a mini update...got an email from my Mom today. They were just leaving Rome after having visited The Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Cathedral, the Coliseum, the Forum and Circus Maximus. They're having a great time - the weather is a little cool and drizzly.

Thanks for the update Lori. I read an article in yesterday's paper about the bad weather they were having in Europe and wondered how Pat was faring in it. Good to know she is haiving a good time and the weather is not affecting her.

Been warm here in Vero Beach the last couple of days after going down to 30 at night. Brrrr. Today was 75. Next couple of days should be 78-80 and then down to 60 on Friday. We'll enjoy the warm weather while we can. :)

jl8595
01-28-2009, 08:19 AM
She did mention that landing in Barcelona was a bit hairy...100 mph winds. She said it was the scariest plane landing she's ever experienced. :eek: It sounds like Rome is not as bad - I think it's normally drizzly and cool over there this time of year. She'll never let weather slow her down, LOL!

It's still better than the weather here in CT...another snow storm today. I accepted my snow wussy award and I'm working from home. I'm sure my office will be plastered with "Snow Wussy" signs when I get in tomorrow, LOL!

Glad to hear you're enjoying Vero Beach Kathie!! :sunshine:

Sunni
01-28-2009, 08:31 AM

Their dogs are doing just fine. As predicted, Scarlet is best friends with my DH now, LOL. She quickly figured out that he's the doggie care giver and has redirected her attention from me to him. Both Holly and Scarlet are tired and trying to nap whenever they can. They're not used to living in a household with two children, a third dog and four cats (two cats that actually LIKE dogs and command their attention), so I think they're a bit tired from the nonstop activity. Such a tough life!

Glad that she is enjoying her trip! I was wondering about your mom the other day. What was it like there. Glad the pups are doing well.

Sunni
01-28-2009, 08:32 AM
She did mention that landing in Barcelona was a bit hairy...100 mph winds. She said it was the scariest plane landing she's ever experienced. :eek: It sounds like Rome is not as bad - I think it's normally drizzly and cool over there this time of year. She'll never let weather slow her down, LOL!

It's still better than the weather here in CT...another snow storm today. I accepted my snow wussy award and I'm working from home. I'm sure my office will be plastered with "Snow Wussy" signs when I get in tomorrow, LOL!

Wow! That must have been one hell of a landing! :eek:

Glad you get to stay home....school canceled again...it is really snowing hard...the little stuff....you know what that means....

~Kathie
01-31-2009, 01:40 AM

The article I read said several people died due to the high winds. They specifically mentioned Barcelona. Pat immediately came to my mind. I can't imagine being on a plane in 100mhp winds never mind landing. Scary!!!

I've been keeping an eye on the New England weather. We go home on Sunday and not looking forward to the cold........although it's supposed to be 30 here for a while tomorrow morning. Guess it's better than 5. Wish we could stay longer! Oh well....we'll be back in April. :banana:

jl8595
01-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Got another email from Mom. They spent the last couple of days touring Athens, Greece and Turkey. They're heading to Egypt now, and Mom mentioned that the weather is getting warmer and warmer as they cruise towards it. Must be nice, heehee... :D

PSL1013
01-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Got another email from Mom. They spent the last couple of days touring Athens, Greece and Turkey. They're heading to Egypt now, and Mom mentioned that the weather is getting warmer and warmer as they cruise towards it. Must be nice, heehee... :D

I keep thinking of her on her trip and wondering what she is doing....thanks for the update.

~Kathie
02-07-2009, 11:42 AM

I just read this.......I'm glad Pat is having a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

spring
02-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Hey, guys! I really missed my Sunshine "fix" while I was gone, but got home last night and finally have had a chance to log on. My trip was awesome and I kept notes so I can do a TR. Right now I'm still jet lagged. The flight back was almost 9 hours from Barcelona to JFK, then another hour and a half to Boston. DH and I looked at each other this morning and wondered about breakfast. Since there is no room service, buffet or restaurant on premises at my house, we had to fend for ourselves, lol. Back to reality. I have to work on getting my pictures ready so I can post them. Of course, I'll beg the mercy of the mods to help with sizing issues, being the non techno geek.:rotfl:

PSL1013
02-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey, guys! I really missed my Sunshine "fix" while I was gone, but got home last night and finally have had a chance to log on. My trip was awesome and I kept notes so I can do a TR. Right now I'm still jet lagged. The flight back was almost 9 hours from Barcelona to JFK, then another hour and a half to Boston. DH and I looked at each other this morning and wondered about breakfast. Since there is no room service, buffet or restaurant on premises at my house, we had to fend for ourselves, lol. Back to reality. I have to work on getting my pictures ready so I can post them. Of course, I'll beg the mercy of the mods to help with sizing issues, being the non techno geek.:rotfl:

Welcome home...we missed you!! Fending for yourselves again is the worst part of coming home from a cruise, I definitely agree with you there! :rotfl: Can't wait to see the pictures.

~Kathie
02-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Welcome Home Pat! We did miss you around here. No one to cause any trouble!!! :rotfl:

Yes...reality...stinks!!! :hugs:

Looking forward to reading your trip report.

askomsky
02-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Welcome home! Can't wait to hear all about it. Pictures are a must!!!!

bbangel
02-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Welcome home! Can't wait to hear about your trip. Hope you are managing your let down to reality.