PDA

View Full Version : Let the planning begin!

linanglab
01-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Okay....I am getting very excited about the kids' and my trip in June. I have decided to purchase the quick service plan. So....my question.

I am staying at Pop. I am assuming that I cannot buy a whole pizza for credit, right? I had thought abuot ordering pizza one night, possibly the first night there, but now I am rethinking if I cannot use my cs credits.

No, I am not planning meal by meal. But I am looking at all of my options. I already have a list of all the snack options! FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

wilsonfamily4
01-23-2009, 09:30 PM
O, I love the planning.

Our favorite CS's from our last trip were:
***** Main Street Bakery. We could get two items and a drink for a CS. The cinnamon rolls there were HUGE and so 2 cinnamon rolls fed us well. I loved it there! (We bought a lot from there and felt it was a great use of our credits.)

We also loved Wolfgang Pucks and Earl of Sandwich in Dowtown Disney. the sandwiches were very good and it felt more fancy then a hamburger joint.

We ordered pizza our first night there. From Giordanos. It was good and we had left overs for the rest of the week BUT we decided not to do that again. Next time we will stick with what is on our dining plan and not spend more.

Good Luck. I think having a plan is a good idea. Then you know where to go and how much things may cost you.

Love2Shop
01-23-2009, 10:05 PM
I looked it up on the Dis and it said-

Pizza Service: 2 quick serve meals can be exchanged at a quick service location for one 16" pizza, two desserts and two beverages.

So you should be able to get it from the food court if you pick it up yourself, I don't think you can have it delivered to your room.

Pooh's Pal
01-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Are you doing that new Quick Service meal plan..2 QS per day, per person? Plus 2 snacks per day...I was looking at this the other day, sounds great.

My favorite CS's are
Earl of Sandwich -- Downtown Disney-great HOT sandwiches

Wolfgang Puck Express ---Downtown Disney-love their salads

Sunshine Seasons --Epcot, Land Pavillion I always have one of their Asian bowls..fills ya up

Yorkshire County Fish Shop--Epcot, UK Fish and Chips, yummy

Everything POP food court--ate there twice last trip, love their Chicken Penne Alfredo, with garlic bread

Flame Tree BBQ-in AK...ribs or chicken..DELISH

Cosmic Rays-Tomorrowland, MK great burgers with ALL the fixins from the fixins bar..but they have great rotissare chicken and mashed potatoes..big

I've heard Pepper Market at Cornodo is good, never been, maybe Jen can fill us in on it.

I've never had pizza, only on the Boardwalk, it was oka...Whatever you do, it will be great, I'm sure.

linanglab
01-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys! Yes I am doing the quick service plan. I am very excited! I love the planning stages! I already printed out all of my snack options for all of the parks AND Pop. It took me 8 pages! I just don't want to go in blinded on "where do I find a snack?" We won't really plan our meals, but if we know our options ahead of time, it will save us headaches down the road. (Plus the planning part is just so dang fun!)

Nice to know about the 2 credits for pizza! That would be worth it. I will have to go back and check it out!

disney_girl
01-24-2009, 08:55 AM
How exciting to plan this fun trip for you and the kids!!! I'm anxious to hear how you like the quick service plan- I think that one would suit us the best as we don't like being tied down to too many plans but rather grab a bite here and there. Thanks for letting us share in your planning!!!:mickey:

If you are in Downtown Disney any, you really have to try Earl of Sandwich as others have mentioned. It is sooooo good...I crave those sandwiches and have to eat there at least a couple of times each trip!! It's a nice change from the other counter service options. I also always have to have my fish and chips from the Yorkshire Fish Shoppe in Epcot. Yumm. I've been wanting to try Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom...I think I have heard that the portions are pretty large there so maybe that could save on some credits. Oh...now I'm hungry!!

linanglab
01-24-2009, 11:23 AM
I am definitely going to have to try Earl of Sandwich! We have an extra day without passes, so dtd it will be. (Plus, sometime I am meeting Traci at T-Rex - OOP, but it will be fun!) Plus, I am planning on having some non park time. We will do our best to to there!

I am planning on Flaming Tree too. We are going to need a little more options than just the burger ALL the time. But it will be so nice not to worry about money, etc. It will ALL be paid for up front!

Can I say this one more time! THIS IS SO FUN! I have not planned a WDW trip for 2 years. I am in my happiness!!!!!

fourfoxesinpa
01-24-2009, 11:38 AM
I am definitely going to have to try Earl of Sandwich! We have an extra day without passes, so dtd it will be. (Plus, sometime I am meeting Traci at T-Rex - OOP, but it will be fun!) Plus, I am planning on having some non park time. We will do our best to to there!

I am planning on Flaming Tree too. We are going to need a little more options than just the burger ALL the time. But it will be so nice not to worry about money, etc. It will ALL be paid for up front!

Can I say this one more time! THIS IS SO FUN! I have not planned a WDW trip for 2 years. I am in my happiness!!!!!

Hi Angela,

Don't forget that T-Rex is owned by Landry's - I just cashed out for a couple of gift cards to use there - $23 for Supermembers to get a $25 card. It's a great deal!

It IS good stuff to be inside on a winter day planning a sunny WDW trip!!!

disney_girl
01-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi Angela,

Don't forget that T-Rex is owned by Landry's - I just cashed out for a couple of gift cards to use there - $23 for Supermembers to get a $25 card. It's a great deal!

It IS good stuff to be inside on a winter day planning a sunny WDW trip!!!

Ohhhh...good idea! I didn't realize that!! Another way to stretch that SR savings!

linanglab
01-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks ladies. Hoping to have enough to cash out in a $25 gift card. Maybe a $50. Hmmm.....Maybe I should only cash out in $450 in Disney cards, and a $50 in Landry.....Gotta think about this now!

3dog2kidmom
01-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks ladies. Hoping to have enough to cash out in a $25 gift card. Maybe a $50. Hmmm.....Maybe I should only cash out in $450 in Disney cards, and a $50 in Landry.....Gotta think about this now!

Yep... I just did that. Save $4 that way as a SM while the discounted cards are available.

pbhall13
01-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Angela..........

are you going to use TGMike this time? I am thinking of resigning up again...so helpful when going during a busy season.

Pooh's Pal
01-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Angela..........

are you going to use TGMike this time? I am thinking of resigning up again...so helpful when going during a busy season.

Not Angela, but I just used TGM for the 1st time when I went this past December...Soooooooooo helpful, especially during busy times, like my trip was. I totally suggest it and I am thinking of renewing it this week..for my/our October trip. (can't wait!)

linanglab
01-28-2009, 06:24 AM
I signed up with TGM the SECOND I knew I was going - November I think! LOL I haven't looked around the site too much, but when the EMH's and best days come up, I will be on there quite a bit!

schaery
01-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Never have signed up for TGM, although I've read about it. Is the site beneficial if you've been to WDW lots? I mean, can you get info there that isn't available at all the other common WDW sites?

linanglab
01-29-2009, 09:33 AM
To me it is worth it just for the schedule of EMH's and which days are the "best" days to go to which parks. We used it and have always had a very nice trip. Only waited no longer than 15 minutes in line - and we have always gong the week of July 4th. So I think that speaks for itself!

It has all the dining options, which I like because we do not eat at the sit down places very often.

fourfoxesinpa
01-29-2009, 09:57 AM
I've never done TGM but am familiar with and use the Unofficial Guide's touring plans and online recommendations as to "best day", etc. Are they very different? Has anyone used both? I'm very curious about Mike.

dawgsgirl
01-29-2009, 11:08 AM
I have used TGM for several trips. I really only use the Best Days guide and it works great. Some of the info on his site is outdated, but the price is worth it for which days to go to which parks. What I like about TGM is that he explains why--that has helped me out when plans change! I have not used Touring Plans, so can't help you there. I no longer plan out the details of my trip, but always take the Best Days guide to plan once I get to WDW. One bad, crowded trip taught me a lesson. Angela, I have been reading about your trip. I am SO excited for you and the kids and know you will have a great trip. My brain is full of WDW knowledge and I will be glad to help out anyway I can with the planning.

linanglab
02-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Got my Disney rewards card today! Yeah! I officially added the quick service dining today AND paid on my trip. I am now at owing only $270. When my $500 gift card from SR gets here, I will have it paid off!!!!! YEAH!!!!! I feel like I have accomplished something today!

LauraLea
02-05-2009, 04:32 PM
good for you angela. i just love reading the excitement in your posts about your trip.

I'll be at WDW next week. If there is anything I can scope out for you to help you with your planning, just let me know.

Laura

bbangel
02-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Got my Disney rewards card today! Yeah! I officially added the quick service dining today AND paid on my trip. I am now at owing only $270. When my $500 gift card from SR gets here, I will have it paid off!!!!! YEAH!!!!! I feel like I have accomplished something today!

Yeah :party: Such a great feeling to know you will pay it off and have some left over.

linanglab
02-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks! You get to go next week! Yeah for you! Enjoy Space Mountain for us. That is the 1 ride that my kids are VERY sad about not being up and running while we are there. So ride it LOTS for us!

good for you angela. i just love reading the excitement in your posts about your trip.

I'll be at WDW next week. If there is anything I can scope out for you to help you with your planning, just let me know.

Laura

Sunni
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM

Congrats Angela! I am so excited for you. I know how much you are looking forward to your trip. It will come fast!!

LauraLea
02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks! You get to go next week! Yeah for you! Enjoy Space Mountain for us. That is the 1 ride that my kids are VERY sad about not being up and running while we are there. So ride it LOTS for us!

Will do. It is among my favorites too.

Laura

speechteachri
02-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey Angela...so glad that you are having fun planning!

How much does this food plan cost per day for adults? I haven't been planning lately, and I have lost touch on what is available, since the last time we went was July, 2007.

thanks!

linanglab
02-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I am not sure on the amount....With the 4 of us (3 adults and 1 child) it cost us about $750 - not sure the EXACT, but that is the approximate, for 8 days. This way I did not have to worry about carrying money around PLUS, we have never had snacks really, so that was a fun thing for the quick dining plan. The tye die cheesecake from Pop and the Dole Whip is calling my name!

I was stressing on spending TOO much money, or REALLY scrimping on the kids' food, so this was good for us....for this time anyway.

With the meals we get the drink and side and a dessert. I think we will have PLENTY to eat. Probably enough to share a couple meals, so that breakfast can be eaten at Pop's cafe a few times and not only in the room.

3dog2kidmom
02-07-2009, 06:47 PM
I think we will have PLENTY to eat. Probably enough to share a couple meals, so that breakfast can be eaten at Pop's cafe a few times and not only in the room.

Pop has a really good breakfast! And you can use snack credits for these ginormous muffins or chocolate croissants which make good breakfasts, too :D

linanglab
02-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Pop has a really good breakfast! And you can use snack credits for these ginormous muffins or chocolate croissants which make good breakfasts, too :D

Ooooo....that sounds delicious! My Austin will LOVE those chocolate croissnants! ANYTHING sweet for him!

JillyFish
02-07-2009, 09:13 PM

Oh Shelly....you're making my mouth water!! Those muffins and chocolate croissants are SOOOOO good!!! Enjoyed both this last trip! :scarf: