PDA

View Full Version : Points Changing for DVC in 2010

Weluvdisny
01-25-2009, 01:02 AM
I don't know how many of you are DVC owners, but there is a very heated discussion going on over on another board about the points getting changed all around. They are taking away points on the weekend and adding them to the Sun.-Thurs. If you are staying for the week the rates are supposed to work out the same. For us, we go during the week because it will be less points, it works out to be 15 more points for the 5 days!!

I'm one week away from making my reservations for January 2010 and now I have to rent more or borrow from the next year.:mad:

ligrumpygirl
01-25-2009, 01:38 AM
I did see that...I have mixed feelings on it. For now we have points to stay over the weekend. But we bought enough points to cover two Sun-Fri stays in a two bedroom eventually. Now sure if we will have that. Haven't sat down to figure it out yet. Has Disney put the new point charts back up yet? I know they pulled them at one point.

Weluvdisny
01-25-2009, 02:19 AM
The new points charts were back up last night on the DVC website.

We bought a small resale contract to see how we like it. Umm, let's just say we are looking at adding on already. We were thinking about it anyway, but this new shifting of the points is making us think a little sooner to add more.

I understand why they are doing this, to make it more even across the board. I just wish they had given us a little more notice so I could have saved some of this year's points for next year.

ligrumpygirl
01-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Add-on-itis...a true Disney disease! I added on TWICE in the first year!

3dog2kidmom
01-25-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't own DVC (yet) and I haven't seen the threads... but I will say that I like to travel over long weekends so for our family, it will enable us to vacation how we really like to instead of forcing our stays into weeknights. I agree that notice would have been nice for those of you who needed to plan more in advance.

PSL1013
01-25-2009, 10:51 AM
I saw the new chart too and figured out our vacation for 2010 and it comes out that we are saving 12 points for the same time as we are going this year (Oct.) so I'm happy so far. I haven't figured out for our May 2010 trip yet, so I don't know if that will be the same, more or less than what we previously used? We always stay the first Saturday of the week and a Friday and Saturday at the end, so it will probably work out for us, hopefully? We bought enough points to go twice in one year and staying 8 nights in a studio and 8 nights in a one bedroom. We already added on twice and I would really love to have enough points to be able to stay both times in the one bedroom...love that washer/dryer!! I'm going to have to figure out just where we stand...:D

mdapiggy
01-25-2009, 11:45 AM
I just check and the week we go in September is 3 points less, but we have extra points and so it is not really a big deal.

bbangel
01-25-2009, 12:47 PM
I think it is really effecting the people that were going at the same time every year, in one beds, and not on weekends. They have shuffled the points so that poplular DVC times are more balanced (The first weeks of Dec and Food and Wine). This will make some people happy and others not so much.

I didn't buy my points with a particular stay in mind. I just look at what my points can get me for a time I want to go and base my trips around that.

I'm more upset about the minimum number of points available at GCV. I wanted 25 points there but they are only selling 100 and above. :(

m4travels
01-26-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm more upset about the minimum number of points available at GCV. I wanted 25 points there but they are only selling 100 and above. :(

Megan,
I'm not sure that that is truly the case, but I'll be finding out on Wednesday as we will be adding on at GCV that day. When I spoke with our guide last week he said that he thought DVC would sell less than 100 points but that the incentives (gift card and developer points) might not kick in until the 100 point level.

As to the points changing in 2010, I'm not having much of an issue with the reallocation of points but we were never in a spot where we would do a Sun -Thurs vacation anyway. The lowering of the weekend points will help us out for the next couple of years I think.

bbangel
01-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Fingers crossed that the minimum you can buy is less! I figured out that 25 points gets be 5 days in a studio in the low season every 3 years (which is what I wanted)

m4travels
01-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Fingers crossed that the minimum you can buy is less! I figured out that 25 points gets be 5 days in a studio in the low season every 3 years (which is what I wanted)

Sorry, Megan:(. The minimum - at least right now - is 100 points. Just got off the phone with my guide.

bbangel
01-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry, Megan:(. The minimum - at least right now - is 100 points. Just got off the phone with my guide.

Thanks for checking it out! I'm just going to think about how much money that means I won't be spending.