PDA

View Full Version : Pick a Prize

SunshineGirl
02-16-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm going to be running a little SR promotion soon and am trying to think of prizes that have universal appeal. I was thinking maybe an iPod shuffle? I'm thinking $50-ish range. Thoughts on what you would like to see offered?

spring
02-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Could it be a gift card instead? I think some people would appreciate winning a $50 Disney Gift Card.:sunshine:

lkturner
02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Gift cards are always a great option! :)

wendyburger
02-16-2009, 01:17 PM
:mickey: A Disney $50 gift card would be fantastic...a Shuffle is alright, but for me personally, I don't really like the shuffle. Maybe other people love it though :)

jl8595
02-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I'd LOVE to win a $50 WDW giftcard, but I know others use their credits for other things, so how about the opportunity to pick a $50 giftcard from the cashout options?

Love2Shop
02-16-2009, 01:31 PM
I'd LOVE to win a $50 giftcard, but I know others use their credits for other things, so how about the opportunity to pick a $50 giftcard from the cashout options?

I agree. I'd want a Disney gc but I know not everyone else on here would.

Hedy
02-16-2009, 01:42 PM
$50 Amex giftcard?
Of course, someone could always eBay the shuffle.

sunshinecindy
02-16-2009, 01:51 PM
I love my shuffle, so naturally I would say people would love that, gift cards are fun too, but then again you take the chance they may not like that particular one. I think a great prize is always something that you wouldn't spend the money on for yourself.

shmily1
02-16-2009, 01:59 PM
I agree on the Disney GC. DS and DD have Ipods but I don't know that I would need one. I do know that I have a LOT of use for the GC!!!;)

Magical JenK
02-16-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm boring & would say the Disney GC too!! :0)

askomsky
02-16-2009, 02:10 PM
How about a/an MP3 player/iPod shuffle option? While I wouldn't want the iPod, I'm definitely in the market for a new MP3 player. DS9 is asking for his back.... :p

GC's are always nice though.

faithhope
02-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I'd go for a pick a gift card... or specifically... a Disney gift card...

I probably wouldn't be interested in a specific item... Our family has enough ipods :-)

but then again... I like contests... so I'd probably enter anyway, as long as it was something I could do.

Tiggerific711
02-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I'd LOVE to win a $50 giftcard, but I know others use their credits for other things, so how about the opportunity to pick a $50 giftcard from the cashout options?

I like this idea!

pattip03
02-16-2009, 02:34 PM
I'd pick the Disney card! :love:

DarcyDog
02-16-2009, 02:38 PM
First, let me say I am always happy with anything I win. But, while I :heart:love:heart: my iPod so much that if it was a man I'd marry it, I think a gift card may have more appeal to some. I looooove Disney gift cards, but right now, I would prefer a more universal type card. Is it possible to offer the option of picking your prize from among say 5 (or whatever number you think is fair) different options (iPod shuffle, Disney gift card, Amex gift card, etc.)?

lanny76
02-16-2009, 02:43 PM

i'd like that; everyone would have a choice that suited them!

iluvamystery89
02-16-2009, 03:11 PM
I like this idea!

i like the pick-a-gift card idea too!

kimntrent
02-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I have to say while disney gc is a great bonus I think a Target or Walmart or even Amazon would be a better reality right now. With so many robbing peter to pay paul right now it would be a nice thing to offer the chance to get tp for free.

PSL1013
02-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Disney gift card for sure! :D

chipndale
02-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Add me to the gift card list! I would love a Disney GC but with DH being layed off we have no plans of visiting the mouse this year. So a more universal GC would be great.

Blessing and Miracle
02-16-2009, 03:54 PM
I think it should be an universal gift. If it's a gift card I'd prefer it be a Mastercard/Visa or SR can earn cash back by purchasing an American Express card to give away. The idea of picking from the list of gift cards that SR offers is fine as well.

The IPod is fine as well. I think whatever you guys decide to giveaway would be appreciated. :)

SunshineGirl
02-16-2009, 04:03 PM
The thing about a gift card is that it can be hard to market. Part of the contest is going to be to attract new members....and you have to get them with just a sentence or two. We've run Amazon Gift Cards as prizes before for new member contests and had almost no participants. In fact, I think the last time we ran an Amazon Gift Card video contest, we only had ONE participant.

pattip03
02-16-2009, 04:11 PM
maybe you could use ipod to attract and in small print list other options for cashout... As much as I love Disney. $50 would be fun to take to walmart and get a little something for everyone in household. :)

~Kathie
02-16-2009, 04:12 PM
I think anything offered for a $50 prize would be great.

But I prefer a universal gift card or a gc of choice (Borders, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Disney, Target, Walmart----choices to be determined by Tricia) as mentioned above.

Many of the MC/Visa gift cards have fees associated with activating them. Anyone know about AMEX?

I received a $25 Visa gc for Christmas and the giftgiver paid $5.00 to activate it. There are so many restrictions as far as redeeming them.......I couldn't buy anything that costs more than the face value of the GC or it would be denied. PITA!!! I ended up buying a $25 ebay GC that didn't have any activation fees.

I'm wondering if the activation costs increase with the amount of the GC. :confused: Anyone know?

~Kathie
02-16-2009, 04:18 PM
The thing about a gift card is that it can be hard to market. Part of the contest is going to be to attract new members....and you have to get them with just a sentence or two. We've run Amazon Gift Cards as prizes before for new member contests and had almost no participants. In fact, I think the last time we ran an Amazon Gift Card video contest, we only had ONE participant.

Do you think it was because it was a VIDEO contest? I don't participate in the video contests because I'm not video savvy enough. Plus time is a constraint with me. While the contest might appeal to me the use of video doesn't. Just my opinion.

natofborg
02-16-2009, 04:28 PM
How about a $50 GC from Supercertificates.com ??? That would allow the person to choose from hundreds of different stores.

Sunni
02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
wow Lots of ideas here....I do like the Ipod or a gift certificate of maybe a couple of choices.

iluvamystery89
02-16-2009, 05:04 PM
oohhhh, so this is partially to attract new members? an mp3 player is a GREAT prize. honestly, if i won something, i'd be so overjoyed i wouldn't care what it was, lol. i'm sure the prize will be terrific :)

SunshineGirl
02-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Actually, I want to run THREE contests! One on Twitter, one on Facebook, and one about surveys. So prizes for new and old members both. :)

Blessing and Miracle
02-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Many of the MC/Visa gift cards have fees associated with activating them. Anyone know about AMEX?

I received a $25 Visa gc for Christmas and the giftgiver paid $5.00 to activate it. There are so many restrictions as far as redeeming them.......I couldn't buy anything that costs more than the face value of the GC or it would be denied. PITA!!! I ended up buying a $25 ebay GC that didn't have any activation fees.

I'm wondering if the activation costs increase with the amount of the GC. :confused: Anyone know?

That's wierd. I buy them every Christmas for my kids and they've never problems. I, too, use them on vacation and never had any problems as well.

If my purchase is more than the face value, I simple tell the cashier that I want to put xxx amount on this card and I'll pay cash for the remainder. Heck, I've even used several of them at one time that had small balances.
I've even used some online at the larger retail stores like Target, Walmart, and Macys.

As far as the activation fee I've never paid more than 4.95. HTH.

Tricia, maybe a lot of people aren't aware of Amazon.com. I've never even heard of them until I've became a member of sunshine. And I've never purchased anything from them either, don't even think I've visited their website.

sammielynn
02-16-2009, 06:52 PM
I like the gift card idea. Disney would do for me but the Visa/MC is a good option. I don't want or need an Ipod/MP3.

schaery
02-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Of course, I'd love a Disney GC but for those who maybe can't make it to Disney (or don't buy Disney merchandise :eek:), I think an Amazon GC would be a great idea, too.

Iteach
02-16-2009, 08:11 PM
I've never even heard of them until I've became a member of sunshine. And I've never purchased anything from them either, don't even think I've visited their website.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, Lisa, you should visit Amazon. The possibilites there are almost endless. No SR credit back to us, but if you shop through SR, Tricia gets a little something that goes for prizes, etc. Check it out. I think you'll love it!

m 'n c
02-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Toughie. I agree a universal prize would be nice as not everyone is planning a trip to Disney. iPods are hard because so many people have one already but I would not turn my nose up at getting a shuffle to carry in my purse at all times.

I don't know what else fits the budget off the top of my head that would work for both genders.

Maybe visiting deal of the day on Amazon or drugstore.com would get some prizes that are typically higher knocked down to our budget.

askomsky
02-16-2009, 08:59 PM
FWIW I really don't care for Amazon GC's as much as I would say Target, Wal-Mart, Kohls etc.
I know SR probably "loses" less by giving away Amazon GC's bc of the kick back they get, I only shop at Amazon though when I'm looking for something in particular.

I had won an Amazon gc for something and it took several months before I used it. I just don't "window shop" on Amazon, I usually go there with a specific item in mind. I ended up finally using it on DS's MP3 player. He had enough money saved so I used a portion of that towards it.

I would use the other gc's including movies, dinner etc much faster. They wouldn't last more then 2 wks tops and would be a nice way to "splurge".

JM2C.