PDA

View Full Version : Win an iPod Shuffle or a $50 Amazon Gift Certificate

SunshineGirl
02-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Super easy contest!!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=51624979579

Become a Facebook Fan of SR and post on our "wall" which SR merchant you like best. This is a great way for you to get your friends involved in SR without them having to sign up for a membership. Hopefully they will see what we do and what we have to offer and then they will want to become full-fledged members. :)

Blessing and Miracle
02-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Do you have to be a member of facebook? I clicked on the link and it's asking me for a password and login info.:(

SunshineGirl
02-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Do you have to be a member of facebook? I clicked on the link and it's asking me for a password and login info.:(

Yep. This particular contest is for our Facebook page.

StitchandPooh'smom
02-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Do I have to RSVP as attending the event to be able to post, or am I missing something?

Blessing and Miracle
02-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Yep. This particular contest is for our Facebook page.

Okay, I'm new to this. How do I join SR's page?

Blessing and Miracle
02-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Wait, this contest is for potential members, right?

fourfoxesinpa
02-17-2009, 03:00 PM
I just became a fan and tried to post something on the Wall. I entered the scrambled security words at least a dozen times and I was never able to post. Is there a waiting period? I am Facebook ignorant. I don't have a text plan and really don't want to give Facebook my cell phone number to "verify" my account through a text.

StitchandPooh'smom
02-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Wait, this contest is for potential members, right?

Good question! I'm already a fan of SR on Facebook - can I still play?

To join SR's page, you can create a facebook account, then follow Tricia's link in the first post to become a fan.

SunshineGirl
02-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Once you have an FB account (I don't use my cell phone for mine), you just have to become a Fan of SR (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunshine-Rewards/46793773548). Once you are a Fan, you can post on our wall. There shouldn't be any wait period. The RSVP just puts it on your calendar so that you are reminded of it.

fourfoxesinpa
02-17-2009, 03:11 PM
That's what I tried - I successfully signed up to be a fan and then typed a message to post on the wall. When I hit "post," it asked for two security words separated by a space. I typed those security words at least 12 times and gave up. It said if I was tired of trying, I could give them my cell phone number and they could verify my account with a text. I'll try again and see if it likes me this time.

fourfoxesinpa
02-17-2009, 03:28 PM
That's what I tried - I successfully signed up to be a fan and then typed a message to post on the wall. When I hit "post," it asked for two security words separated by a space. I typed those security words at least 12 times and gave up. It said if I was tired of trying, I could give them my cell phone number and they could verify my account with a text. I'll try again and see if it likes me this time.

ETA: I tried with Firefox and IE and, for whatever reason, it just won't let me post on the wall despite entering the crazy letters/words many, many times. Oh well.

bbangel
02-17-2009, 04:11 PM
ETA: I tried with Firefox and IE and, for whatever reason, it just won't let me post on the wall despite entering the crazy letters/words many, many times. Oh well.

That's odd. I've never been asked to type words before being allowed to post. Not sure how to help

Alice28
02-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Cool- thanks for another contest Tricia! My 7 year old lost his shuffle sometime over Christmas time. It would be fun to get one for him for free! Of course now he wants a nano, but I think he's a bit young for something so expensive!!!!

missymouse
02-17-2009, 04:20 PM
I just tried to post and had the same problem with the words. Tried probably 15 times before I went ahead and verified my cell phone number since it will be changing to a new one next week.

faithhope
02-18-2009, 11:51 AM
UG! The stupid words got me too... I tried multiple times with multiple browsers...and it won't let me post.
I don't think my cell phone would work... so I guess I can't enter this one... someone post please if you figure out the guess the word problem.

pattip03
02-18-2009, 03:10 PM
I can't get past the words either... So I guess I won't be entering this one. :(:confused::(

kimntrent
02-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Odd. I posted on the wall no problem

piglet-for-me
02-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Odd. I posted on the wall no problem

Me too.

SunshineGirl
02-18-2009, 05:08 PM
We've had a huge jump in referrals since we started this. Looks like some of you are sending along your Facebook friends. :)

bbangel
02-18-2009, 05:22 PM
We've had a huge jump in referrals since we started this. Looks like some of you are sending along your Facebook friends. :)

Yeah! I don't think any of mine bit but I'm glad the promo is working :clap:

sqromano
02-18-2009, 05:24 PM
I had no trouble posting. I am off to send the invite to some FB friends.

SunshineGirl
02-18-2009, 05:46 PM
I had no trouble posting. I am off to send the invite to some FB friends.

Be sure to give them your user number in case they decide to sign up at some point! Even if they do not use your referral link, they can still enter your number on the signup page. It can sometimes be hard, though, to tell people about the referral thing because you don't want them to think that it is a pyramid scheme.

kimntrent
02-18-2009, 05:50 PM
I have my link on my facebook side and I just hope that people are smart enough to look for a referral when signing up. Maybe not me but someone you know. I get tons of people I don't even know.

faithhope
02-18-2009, 05:56 PM
I think it is only the people having to enter captcha (the words) that are having problems...

I know that the microsoft captcha got hacked today...so many people may be switching to recaptcha which is what facebook uses...just a guess...
Here is the link to the info on the microsoft captcha..
http://www.cxotoday.com/India/News/Microsofts_CAPTCHA_System_Breached_Yet_Again/551-99074-909.html

I'm hoping that it will be fixed in a day or two and I can post on the wall for the contest...

Just posting this for others in the same situation.

~Kathie
02-18-2009, 07:04 PM
I think it is only the people having to enter captcha (the words) that are having problems...

I know that the microsoft captcha got hacked today...so many people may be switching to recaptcha which is what facebook uses...just a guess...
Here is the link to the info on the microsoft captcha..
http://www.cxotoday.com/India/News/Microsofts_CAPTCHA_System_Breached_Yet_Again/551-99074-909.html

I'm hoping that it will be fixed in a day or two and I can post on the wall for the contest...

Just posting this for others in the same situation.

Thanks for the update. I had the same issue so I will keep checking back.

faithhope
02-18-2009, 09:47 PM
The Facebook captcha (guess the word thingy) is fixed...

go enter the contest!!!:banana:

fourfoxesinpa
02-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the update! I was finally able to post on the wall.

~Kathie
02-19-2009, 06:07 PM
I must be a dope because I can't find where to post on the wall. I clicked on both links. Brings me to SR page but no where to post on the wall. Going to try Firefox.

~Kathie
02-19-2009, 06:18 PM
I must be a dope because I can't find where to post on the wall. I clicked on both links. Brings me to SR page but no where to post on the wall. Going to try Firefox.

I found it through Tricia's link and posted. I guess I'm not as dumb as I thought. :blush:

DarcyDog
02-19-2009, 06:56 PM
I hate to admit it, but this is 100% completely beyond me. When I click on the link and log into Facebook, what do I do when I've gotten to the SR page?

bbangel
02-19-2009, 08:08 PM
I hate to admit it, but this is 100% completely beyond me. When I click on the link and log into Facebook, what do I do when I've gotten to the SR page?

If you look towards the bottom of the page you will see people's posts on the "wall". Just add your post!

DarcyDog
02-19-2009, 08:39 PM
If you look towards the bottom of the page you will see people's posts on the "wall". Just add your post!

Sorry . . . I still don't get it. I only have a Facebook account because I was invited a year ago and haven't been back there since then. When I click on the link I get to a page where it talks about confirmed guests and I still can't figure out what to do. :(

speechteachri
02-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Haven't read through all the posts since earlier today, but is this contest open to all members, or just people that join as new facebook members?

speechteachri
02-21-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm bumping this because I'm still unclear if this is open to all members, or just people that join as new facebook members?

SunshineGirl
02-25-2009, 11:33 AM
We've had a number of entries but would love more. :) It's open to EVERYONE. Just join our Facebook Fan page and make a quick post on our wall.

Soccer Princess
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM
I posted! :)

Kittykat
02-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Added a comment to SR's Wall, too!

llmedic36
03-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I posted!! #8193