PDA

View Full Version : Credit hold for offers?

fourfoxesinpa
02-28-2009, 11:20 PM
I just did one of the "fast crediting" offers that you have to pay for and had some questions about the credit.

I assumed that since an offer was in the "fast crediting" section, that the credit would be immediate. I just did the Vista Print $2.40 one and there is a credit hold on it for 15 days. So, I guess I'm wondering if that's the way all the offers that you have to pay for work? I mean, since it's an "offer" and not a purchase, there's no way I can return it, so I'm wondering why there's a hold and why it would be more than 10 days since I'm a SM. I did the World Winner a couple of days ago that, I think was also a "fast crediting" offer and there was no hold on the $10 credit.

Not complaining but just curious as to how things work - why some "fast crediting" offers have a hold and not others. Thanks!!!

ligrumpygirl
02-28-2009, 11:27 PM
If I remember from what Tricia told me once, it depends on the amount of money and company involved. Maybe she will come on and give a better insight if I cant find that thread.

fourfoxesinpa
03-01-2009, 12:02 AM
That's a little confusing...it would have been helpful to see a note that there was a credit hold on the offer. And even more confusing is why credit for an offer, which can't be returned, is 15 days when a purchase, which can be returned, is only 10 days for a SM. :confused:

I very rarely do an offer that I pay anything for and I wrongly figured, after just doing the World Winner this past week, that an offer in the fast crediting category didn't have a hold - that they all credited the same way. If it would have been in a category other than "fast crediting," like "Home and Garden" or "Trial," I don't think I would have assumed instant credit like I got with the World Winner.

Breeze88
03-01-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm confused as well, but then again for me that's not all that unusual :rotfl:

I do have a question about the ones that are on hold though, is the dollar amount on hold added to my total or is it not added in until the hold time is over?

~Kathie
03-01-2009, 12:54 PM

I do have a question about the ones that are on hold though, is the dollar amount on hold added to my total or is it not added in until the hold time is over?

It adds into your total after the pending period is over.

askomsky
03-01-2009, 12:55 PM

It'll be added to your total when it comes off pending. So if it's 3/15 that's when you'll see the bump into your acct.
HTH!

Love2Shop
03-01-2009, 12:56 PM
I am not sure either, but all the paid offers I have done were marked pending and credited on the 15th of the next month. The only one I remember that credited right away was the USO donation offer.
I don't know about Vista Print though, I have had to file a TT to request credit from them every time, both offers and shopping.

Breeze88
03-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I got my items in the mail from Vista Print before my credit showed up and it is on hold until Mid March. Which is okay I guess since I'm saving up for a gift card that I don't need until July.

lanny76
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I guess I thot from something I read/heard sometime last year that an offer under a certain dollar amount wasn't put in credit hold but if it was over, it was a credit hold. Anyway, the eMusic offer I did last week was only $3, so I didn't that would be a credit hold - but guess it was maybe because it is a trial period, and they want to make sure you don't cancel right away, so you have to wait for your credit and fulfill your obligations. So - guess it would be nice to some re-clarification on these things for myself too!

ligrumpygirl
03-01-2009, 05:29 PM
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=9908&highlight=credit+hold

Check out Tricia's response to my question...

askomsky
03-01-2009, 05:43 PM
I just did one of the "fast crediting" offers that you have to pay for and had some questions about the credit.

I assumed that since an offer was in the "fast crediting" section, that the credit would be immediate. I just did the Vista Print $2.40 one and there is a credit hold on it for 15 days. So, I guess I'm wondering if that's the way all the offers that you have to pay for work? I mean, since it's an "offer" and not a purchase, there's no way I can return it, so I'm wondering why there's a hold and why it would be more than 10 days since I'm a SM. I did the World Winner a couple of days ago that, I think was also a "fast crediting" offer and there was no hold on the $10 credit.

Not complaining but just curious as to how things work - why some "fast crediting" offers have a hold and not others. Thanks!!!

On the same note as Janet's link to Tricia's answer it depends on the advertiser. I thought it was anything UNDER $3. So when I did bejeweled last month I was shocked it posted right away. But yesterday I did the Arm & Hammer whitening offer for 2.50 and that DID post right away to my account which is why I made it back to the BB.

mollyeilis
03-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Vista Print has always been an offer (when doing the offer, not the actual shopping through the shopping link) that holds until the 15th of the following month.

I just looked through the Fast Crediting, and was really surprised to see all the offers that would indeed require a hold until the 15th of the next month (OP, that's what your'e waiting for...seems you did it on the 28th so it'll be 15 days for you, like it'll be 16 days until I get credit for another offer, but even if you had done it on Feb 1 it would have held until the 15th of the next month). To me, those are not Fast Crediting, and I"m a big confuzzled as to why they would be in there.

I don't remember those sorts of offers being in that category before...maybe it was a goof, and this post will help let them know! :sunshine:

jnorth1007
03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Fast crediting means that the credits show up as pending within a few hours. It has nothing to do with the hold time placed on the funds once they show up pending. It is just a way to let you guys know which offers are automatically posted by the advertisers as opposed to ones that have to be manually pulled by SR.

missangie
03-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Fast crediting means that the credits show up as pending within a few hours. It has nothing to do with the hold time placed on the funds once they show up pending. It is just a way to let you guys know which offers are automatically posted by the advertisers as opposed to ones that have to be manually pulled by SR.

Sorry to have taken so long to jump in here--Janet is right in that I mark offers as fast crediting if the credit shows up in your account quickly. Whether it pends or posts, I want you to know that the offer credits came through. If it doesn't say fast crediting, it is likely on a network that requires us to manually post the credit which may take up to 10 days given the crediting schedule that we follow for pulling the reports on these networks. These offers leave you hanging for just a bit unsure if you got credit or not. We may be able to see the credit immediately but not be able to post it until the reports are run. By not marking these as fast crediting, you know to be patient as credit may still come through later.

Now, whether a credit pends or posts depends on the type of offer. Free trials will often pend as will product purchases. Worldwinner Bejeweled2 didn't pend because the credit was generated on new accounts with minimum deposits. Their terms indicate that you cannot cashout for your minimum deposit or the funds that they matched when you signed up. So, there was no danger of quick cancels on that offer. When credit was confirmed we posted it.

Often these are evaluated on an offer by offer basis. I will talk with Tricia again about a more standardized practice for categorizing offers and pending credits. I'm sorry if my thinking didn't line up with what you have experienced in the past. I hope I've helped to clear things up a bit. We want you to be well informed. Thanks for asking.