PDA

View Full Version : Amish Fireplace things

pbhall13
03-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Hi guys. I tried to search for this on SR, but I can't seem to find anything. Do we have a merchant who sells the Amish Fireplace inserts/mantels. I know that there is a heatsurgetv site, but don't believe it has an affiliate.....but before my parents order I was hoping to go thru SR.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks so much

Blessing and Miracle
03-02-2009, 06:46 PM
They are adorable aren't they?! They were in our local newspaper. I wanted one too.

SunshineGirl
03-02-2009, 06:48 PM
See if the ones at CSN Stores are the ones you are talking about.

pbhall13
03-02-2009, 10:50 PM
See if the ones at CSN Stores are the ones you are talking about.

No Tricia......those aren't the same ones. I did put in a request in the "shopping sites we would like" thread.

Debbie Jean
03-11-2009, 05:20 PM
I have to tell you that a friend got one and was very dissapointed with how little heat it threw. She had no problem sending it back except she had to pay $50 to ship it!:eek:

I didn't see it myself, so I'm just repeating what she told me.. ymmv She did say that the wooden mantle itself was very attractive. Just not enough heat.

schaery
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Just an FYI probably easy for most people to figure out but......My mom ordered one not realizing exactly what it was.... it was pretty big. She had to send it back because she didn't have any place to put it.

crochet4hats
03-11-2009, 07:50 PM
It was on a news alert that they aren't really made by the Amish and they are basically just space heaters. I wanted to get one too until I heard this.

fourfoxesinpa
03-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I can't say if they're made by the Amish or not but they are certainly not Amish men in the commercials or print ads - Amish do not believe in having their pictures taken. Just for the heck of it, I Googled "Amish Heater Scam" - a LOT of hits came up. Please be careful...

pbhall13
03-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks for all the imput............for some reason my mom is heck bent on getting one of these for the new room she put on (just off the kitchen).....my ex father in law has one and they do love it, but again they have it in a room that is smaller so it warms it enough that they are happy.

I figure if we could get credit for it, it would be a win-win situation for both of us