PDA

View Full Version : BrokenGold

PSL1013
08-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Well I sent in some of my gold on 8-7 that I didn't wear anymore that was just sitting in my jewelry box. I sent 8 throw-away type chains and 7 bracelets, mostly thin ones and one small gold ring. Some of the pieces were 10K but most were the 14K. I weighed the envelope before mailing and it was 2 1/4 oz. I received a check today for $92.40, I'm thrilled! I was thinking I probably wouldn't get more than about $25 and I would have been happy with that amount! :) If anyone is hesitant, they do pay up...probably not a great deal but I didn't wear these things anyway and now I can buy something at Disney when we go in October! :cooldance:

toystoryduo
08-16-2007, 10:58 AM
That's great, Pam!:cooldance: How long did it take to receive your check?

PSL1013
08-16-2007, 11:06 AM
That's great, Pam!:cooldance: How long did it take to receive your check?

I mailed the envelope on 8/7 and I got the check today 8/16...so, about 1 week! :banana:

MKelley226
08-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Wow! That is fantastic!!

Iteach
08-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Wow, that is great. I'm going digging in my jewelry boxes for sure! Thanks for sharing.:)

Iteach
08-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Well I sent in some of my gold on 8-7 that I didn't wear anymore that was just sitting in my jewelry box. I sent 8 throw-away type chains and 7 bracelets, mostly thin ones and one small gold ring. Some of the pieces were 10K but most were the 14K. I weighed the envelope before mailing and it was 2 1/4 oz. I received a check today for $92.40, I'm thrilled! I was thinking I probably wouldn't get more than about $25 and I would have been happy with that amount! :) If anyone is hesitant, they do pay up...probably not a great deal but I didn't wear these things anyway and now I can buy something at Disney when we go in October! :cooldance:

I haven't opened the Broken Gold envelope yet. Do you have to insure it when you send? Thanks!

bs4free
08-16-2007, 11:52 AM
WOOT! For extra spending money at DISNEY!

Now I will have to keep an eye out for some old gold at yard/grage sales!

Btw did they give you a breakdown of what each was worth or just everything you sent and a check is all you got back!

PSL1013
08-16-2007, 12:38 PM
I haven't opened the Broken Gold envelope yet. Do you have to insure it when you send? Thanks!

I didn't but my stuff wasn't worth very much, just sealed the envelope and tossed it in the post office box...look on the website, it says something about that they insure up to a certain amount if it gets lost, if you are sending valuable things like diamonds etc. I definitely would insure it.

toystoryduo
08-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks for sharing about this! We're going to WDW in about a month and I would love some extra spending money!:cooldance: Now, I just have to find the envelope! ;) :rotfl:

Iteach
08-16-2007, 01:16 PM
I didn't but my stuff wasn't worth very much, just sealed the envelope and tossed it in the post office box...look on the website, it says something about that they insure up to a certain amount if it gets lost, if you are sending valuable things like diamonds etc. I definitely would insure it.

Thanks so much. I'll check out the website. Nothing valuable here either, just stuff!:sunshine2:

chipndale
08-16-2007, 02:23 PM
I just tried to do the offer and it says not valid in my area. :( Has anyone else done it from PA?

Kycha
08-16-2007, 03:00 PM
I just tried to do the offer and it says not valid in my area. :( Has anyone else done it from PA?
Well, I am in Pa(Lancaster) and I did the offer to receive the kit and credit and it worked fine for me. That was about 3 weeks ago. Have you tried clearing cookies and doing the offer again?

Alice28
08-16-2007, 04:58 PM
That is AMAZING! Way to go! Money for Disney is great, esp $90!

I was coming to share that I got a check today too- for $1.72! :rotfl:

I sent in this FUGLY gold-plated bracelet DH got for christmas a few years ago from his Aunt. I thought I would seriously get about .10 for it, but I figured what the heck.

I tried finding an old setting to my engagement ring, which was a very thin piece of platinum, but I can't find it. Oh well!

jnorth1007
08-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I have packed up some things to send. There are two rings in there that might so well. One is a ring that is missing a small stone but it was hand made by a jewler friend of my parents when I was in high school and is very thick. The other is the band portion of my original wedding set. I had the diamond removed from the setting and put in a new setting before we got married. This was a thin band that fit up next to the engagement ring. I also included a charm bracelet and 3 thin childrens necklaces that the kids broke. We will see what happens.

luvhockey
08-17-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure if some of it is costume or plated... I don't wear it anyway so I loose nothing. I'll post what I get. Not expecting much.
Angela

Kittykat
08-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Wow! I think I'll go through my jewelery today and see what I can send out on Monday. I know I have a few pieces that are so kinked that they could never be fixed. May as well get something for them!!

ta2mama
08-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Cool, I have to try this. Every penny counts towards our next WDW trip!

luckylabonte
08-18-2007, 05:46 PM
I got my envelope today and am going to check out my jewelry box right now! :sunshine2:

luvhockey
08-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Sent mine out Thursday. I'll see if I get it back late this week. Very curious.
Angela

Mandi
08-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I've put together a package too. I plan on sending it out tomorrow. Did anyone send anything with stones in it? I have 2 rings.. one with a small black onyx and another with a small ruby & diamond chips. I haven't worn either one in over 10 years so I'll just be happy to have them out of the house and earn a bit of extra $$ for Disneyland next month. :)

Kittykat
08-21-2007, 10:16 AM
I just put a small package in today's mail--a chain, pendent, anklet and three or four earrings. I hope that I'm pleasantly surprised before the end of the month! :p

athoods
08-21-2007, 11:36 AM
I mailed my back on 8/17/2008. Checked the website this am and they received it yesterday on the 20th. Also is said that my check would be made out either yesterday afternoon or today and I should have it within 5 business days. Sent in a 20 inch serpatine necklace, 1 pair of earrings and a broken fine chain. Every little bit helps with our next trip to the World!!:sunshine2:

PSL1013
08-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Let us all know how you make out? I might send them another envelope of things and see how much I get again! :angel: