PDA

View Full Version : OTX Annoying Me

JohnZ47
03-03-2009, 11:55 PM
A couple times a month it seems that I'll spend 20 minutes on an OTX survey only to have it pop up with an "You do not qualify" screen.

Today, I answered about 20 questions each on 8 car models, answered questions about what and when I would buy a new car, what car advertising I have seen, and where I buy tires. Then it tells me I didn't qualify.

Does this happen to anone else?

Hedy
03-04-2009, 09:31 AM
A couple times a month it seems that I'll spend 20 minutes on an OTX survey only to have it pop up with an "You do not qualify" screen.

Today, I answered about 20 questions each on 8 car models, answered questions about what and when I would buy a new car, what car advertising I have seen, and where I buy tires. Then it tells me I didn't qualify.

Generally when that happens, what it means is that you did not meet the quality control question.

missangie
03-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I often wonder too if this happens when you go too fast through a survey. Their systems are set to look for certain factors that might indicate that the survey answers are not valid for example having the survey completed too quickly. I do not know if that is the case here, but a pretty common piece of advise when taking paid surveys is to take your time. Read each question carefully and try not to race through the answers. Good Luck with future surveys.

Breeze88
03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
It happened to me too with the car thing. It's so annoying when it happens.

OhMari
03-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Survey's with OTX can time-out too if they take to long.
The car survey's with OTX are the hardest to complete.
I think the car manufacturer that is doing the survey, only wants postive answers for their survey. So if a question doesn't meet their standard, you get thrown off.

JohnZ47
03-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Survey's with OTX can time-out too if they take to long.
The car survey's with OTX are the hardest to complete.
I think the car manufacturer that is doing the survey, only wants postive answers for their survey. So if a question doesn't meet their standard, you get thrown off.

On this survey, it asked which tire brands I would consider when buying tires. I selected the three that I usually buy. That's when I got kicked out.

Maybe it didn't like that I prefer Bridgestone and Cooper tires. :)

marcymajor
03-06-2009, 10:30 AM
just tried to do an otx survey on joining an online community, put in my info for the community and was then told i did not qualify but it did not take me back to the original otx you do not qualify for this survey screen. so i exited out, cleaned out my cookies and tried again and now otx is telling me that i have exceeded my limit for the day. should i wait about an hour to try again or am i screwed for the rest of the day.:confused: this hasn't happened to me in a very long time. any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated. :thanks: waited a little over an hour and was able to get another otx at about 10:20 and it has already credited. pardon my rantings (was having a bad morning). will do better in the future.

julie007
03-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I haven't gotten an OTX in several months. I am feeling left out on the IPOD Contest. I am getting the other two now and not the OTX. I will try and try and try and get the same things as above that never qual.

SunshineGirl
03-06-2009, 12:44 PM
On this survey, it asked which tire brands I would consider when buying tires. I selected the three that I usually buy. That's when I got kicked out.

Maybe it didn't like that I prefer Bridgestone and Cooper tires. :)

Totally unrelated....but it's nice to see a picture in your avatar!!

Blessing and Miracle
03-06-2009, 03:27 PM
I agree, sometimes OTX can be annoying and then there are times when they can kick out some really good and easy surveys and that makes me forget that I'm mad at them.:D

Earlier this week I took a couple and when I went to submit the final page, I got a message error. Yep, wanted to die. Then they quickly redeemed themselves with the rather easy and fun surveys that I ended up getting the latter part of the week. All and all, it's still mighty good to see that .75 appear in my account. :clap: I keep my goal in mind.....extra vacation money!

Good luck!

JohnZ47
03-07-2009, 12:14 AM
I got an OTX survey today! :clap:

Now I can't get either of the other two. :)

Actually, I did get a Greenfield survey but it didn't take me back to SR.

However, I've gotten at least one survey for each day this month (so far) so I can't complain. :)

speechteachri
03-07-2009, 09:16 AM

I had this happen with the same survey the other day...I was in the survey for at least 15 minutes, then got the tire questions and got the "you do not qualify" screen. I think it is really unfair when the company get all that info, then kicks you out. That is why I stopped trying for surveys for a long time...they just make me so aggrevated...not worth my time. AARRGGGHHH!!!

I have to say though, last month I had my best month yet with Daily surveys, and I did get several OTX...

No luck so far this monthwith either, but last mont the boost in my account was really nice!

sqromano
03-07-2009, 11:23 AM
I have had two OTX surveys not credit this week, so I am beyond frustrated!

Breeze88
03-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I have had two OTX surveys not credit this week, so I am beyond frustrated!

I've done 4 from OTX this week with only 1 crediting. I just did one this morning so I'm waiting to see what happens with that one or if I just wasted my time :confused:

marcymajor
03-07-2009, 12:37 PM
i totally understand and can relate to your frustration with otx surveys (they are exceptionally moody). r u both deleting your cookies once they surveys have credited as otx tracks by cookies? have you checked your security and cookie settings - maybe they need to be changed. i am so sorry that you both are experiencing such problems with otx but hopefully things will get better. try to have a nice weekend and keep smiling. :sunshine:

sqromano
03-07-2009, 09:06 PM
i totally understand and can relate to your frustration with otx surveys (they are exceptionally moody). r u both deleting your cookies once they surveys have credited as otx tracks by cookies? have you checked your security and cookie settings - maybe they need to be changed. i am so sorry that you both are experiencing such problems with otx but hopefully things will get better. try to have a nice weekend and keep smiling. :sunshine:

Thanks for the nice thoughts! :) I have been clearing cookies, but I know OTX is moody, and I may be getting credits consistently again next week! Oh well, I will keep trying because you never know!

tarheelpat
03-07-2009, 11:01 PM
The biggest problem I have with OTXs is finishing them and NOT getting credit, then not being allowed to do another b/c it's been less than 24 hours. I had that experience today with one on a television network.

I'm not very optimistic about getting all three surveys in one day. My husband works for the media, which kicks me out of 2/3 of them at the qualifying stage.

Kittykat
03-17-2009, 10:35 PM
OMG, I just spent a half hour on an OTX survey and it booted me at the VERY end when I entered my age. They had all of my survey answers and a good portion of my "classification" answers. I am LIVID. :computer:

juliokirkland
03-18-2009, 01:05 AM
OMG, I just spent a half hour on an OTX survey and it booted me at the VERY end when I entered my age. They had all of my survey answers and a good portion of my "classification" answers. I am LIVID. :computer:

I think I just got that survey just now. Grrr:headache:

iluvamystery89
03-18-2009, 07:40 AM
i did an OTX survey last night (yes, i went all the way through the offers at the end to the coupon pages, even all the way through those) and it never credited-what's with them? i've had them be slow to credit before (sometimes taking 2-3 hours) but this is the first time they've cheated me out of a survey payment.

Kittykat
03-18-2009, 08:06 AM
I think I just got that survey just now. Grrr:headache:

Were you able to finish it? I just think it's pretty nerve-y of them to take you through the whooooooole survey and then boot you after you enter your age. :headache:

jnorth1007
03-18-2009, 08:37 AM
I am not sure if this is still the case but it used to be for OTX you had to enter the age you were going to be for 2009 since it didn't distinguish between people who had a birthday yet and those who didn't. So if you enter your birth year as 1971 on the first page you would need to put 38 as your age even if your birthday isn't until the end of the year. I am not sure if this is why you were booted but I know that is what used to be the case. Can anyone else chime in if this is still a problem with them?

Kittykat
03-18-2009, 09:15 AM
I am not sure if this is still the case but it used to be for OTX you had to enter the age you were going to be for 2009 since it didn't distinguish between people who had a birthday yet and those who didn't. So if you enter your birth year as 1971 on the first page you would need to put 38 as your age even if your birthday isn't until the end of the year. I am not sure if this is why you were booted but I know that is what used to be the case. Can anyone else chime in if this is still a problem with them?

This is the first time I've ever had this happen at OTX. Usually I put in my birth year and my real age--not the age that I'm going to be in 2009.

marcymajor
03-18-2009, 09:19 AM
i remember those surveys. if you put in your current age it would tell you that you are not telling the truth. is this what is happening when you put in your current age and not how old you will be in 2009?

juliokirkland
03-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Were you able to finish it? I just think it's pretty nerve-y of them to take you through the whooooooole survey and then boot you after you enter your age. :headache:

Yes, I believe I completed the survey and was at the end just doing the classification questions.

I thought I asked this question about a month or 2 ago and was told that no one seemed to be having an issue with OTX and ages for awhile now. I guess I'll just go by my birthyear from now on.

Update: Finally completed an OTX!!!

sqromano
03-18-2009, 11:04 AM

My birthday was just last month, and I was just entering my actual age until the day it changed without having any difference in receiving or not receiving OTX credits. I have just found that OTX is temperamental for me. I have better luck if I start the survey after the top of the hour and finish at least ten minutes before the end of the hour. I also let the coupon/offer page at the end sit open for about 4-5 minutes. It usually works better that way for me, although it is by no means consistent!

PSL1013
03-19-2009, 03:41 PM
well I just got the age question at the very end of a long drawn out OTX survey and it kicked me out...this hasn't happened in a long time, thought they had fixed the problem, I guess not. :computer: It was a long ice cream one if anyone gets this one.

Love2Shop
03-19-2009, 10:34 PM
well I just got the age question at the very end of a long drawn out OTX survey and it kicked me out...this hasn't happened in a long time, thought they had fixed the problem, I guess not. :computer: It was a long ice cream one if anyone gets this one.

I wish I had seen your post before I tried for an otx tonight! The same thing just happened to me, I spent 30 min on it just for it to say "sorry you don't qualify" when I put in my age! And this is after I got booted out of one about alchohol after over 10 min! So more than 40min with all the other pre-survey questions with nothing to show for it! With the trifecta contest, I had been motivated to try otx but I think I will be taking a break for awhile.....grrrr :computer:

fourfoxesinpa
03-20-2009, 08:06 AM
DANG GONE IT!!! I wish I would have read this post too! I just did the ice cream survey and the very last question, after 30 minutes, was to confirm your age. I entered the age I am now and got booted - so I guess we're back to putting the age that you will be in 2009 - even though my birthday is not until December? And, wouldn't that be fraudulently answering the question? So, darned if you do, darned if you don't.

And of course, I'm not eligible for another OTX for 24 hours. :computer:

PSL1013
03-20-2009, 08:31 AM
DANG GONE IT!!! I wish I would have read this post too! I just did the ice cream survey and the very last question, after 30 minutes, was to confirm your age. I entered the age I am now and got booted - so I guess we're back to putting the age that you will be in 2009 - even though my birthday is not until December? And, wouldn't that be fraudulently answering the question? So, darned if you do, darned if you don't.

And of course, I'm not eligible for another OTX for 24 hours. :computer:

I know it's frustrating to say the least but the good news is, I was able to get into another one and finish it...wait about an hour and try again.

missangie
03-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Okay gang, I reported this issue yesterday to the network running our OTX survey. The response I got indicates that we are the first to report this issue and that to pursue it, they will need more information.

Here are some specifics I will need to gather in order to officially report a technical problem. If you have a similar issue again, I need the following:

1. email address
2. date and time
3. exact url where the problem occurs

With some more detail, I will be equipped to turn up the heat. If there is a technical issue, I'll get to the bottom of it!!

askomsky
03-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Okay gang, I reported this issue yesterday to the network running our OTX survey. The response I got indicates that we are the first to report this issue and that to pursue it, they will need more information.

Here are some specifics I will need to gather in order to officially report a technical problem. If you have a similar issue again, I need the following:

1. email address
2. date and time

With some more detail, I will be equipped to turn up the heat. If there is a technical issue, I'll get to the bottom of it!!

it's nice to hear that their actually willing to look into it!
Thanks for the heads up!

askomsky
03-20-2009, 01:45 PM
ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Did NOT want to be the first one to have to do this.....

http://v2.decipherinc.com/survey/mev/mev08022

Was about 76% way through and it just gave out. It was on frozen, shelf food mainly one product in particular.

It happened today 3/20 1:35 pm EST. Have tried several times to refresh and use the back button and it won't have any of it.

I answered almost all questions, watch a tv ad and then it was on the section about what shows I watched last week, the channels they were on and what time of day I watched them when it froze on me and wouldn't go any further.

schaery
03-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Ugh! Just spent 25 minutes on a survey about ice cream. Asked all the typical questions at the end of the survey (race, income, etc) and then it disqualified me after entering my age. That really sucked.

m 'n c
03-20-2009, 06:48 PM
ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Did NOT want to be the first one to have to do this.....

http://v2.decipherinc.com/survey/mev/mev08022

Was about 76% way through and it just gave out. It was on frozen, shelf food mainly one product in particular.

It happened today 3/20 1:35 pm EST. Have tried several times to refresh and use the back button and it won't have any of it.

I answered almost all questions, watch a tv ad and then it was on the section about what shows I watched last week, the channels they were on and what time of day I watched them when it froze on me and wouldn't go any further.

Just to keep you from getting spam, why don't we have people submit a trouble ticket with the information rather than in here. Miss Angie would you object to that? April - I'm deleting your email address for now.

askomsky
03-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Just to keep you from getting spam, why don't we have people submit a trouble ticket with the information rather than in here. Miss Angie would you object to that? April - I'm deleting your email address for now.

I thought about it, but it wasn't my main email address so I wasn't too worried and thought someone would really have to go digging for that if they wanted it that bad.
But thank you bc I really wasn't sure any who!

mjjmbnmm
03-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Ugh! Just spent 25 minutes on a survey about ice cream. Asked all the typical questions at the end of the survey (race, income, etc) and then it disqualified me after entering my age. That really sucked.
================================================== ====
ME TOO :computer:

askomsky
03-20-2009, 07:16 PM

================================================== ====
ME TOO :computer:

Have you seen Miss Angie's post? If you post the details or open a TT maybe SR can get it taken care of.

1. email address
2. date and time

mjjmbnmm
03-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks, missed her post.:thanks:

askomsky
03-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks, missed her post.:thanks:

Your Welcome, I was just excited to hear that someone was willing to look INTO OTX issues, I wanted to make sure that we give them any info we can!

Love2Shop
03-20-2009, 08:31 PM

1. email address
2. date and time

Thanks, it's good to know that we can report problems and otx will look into it. It makes motivated to try again.

iluvamystery89
03-20-2009, 10:32 PM
has OTX stopped doing the pages & pages of offers at the end of the surveys? i just finished one (i had to refresh one of the pages once, it wouldn't go on to the next page) and i got a generic, black & white thank you page...no ads, offers or coupons. anyone?

sqromano
03-20-2009, 10:37 PM
I haven't gotten that! It would be nice not to see the offers.

iluvamystery89
03-20-2009, 10:48 PM
I haven't gotten that! It would be nice not to see the offers.

yeah, that's what i thought too, lol, but it won't be so nice if it doesn't credit. OTX has already gypped me out of one survey payment this week, which i also found strange, because it was the first time i've ever had one not credit.

sqromano
03-20-2009, 10:56 PM
yeah, that's what i thought too, lol, but it won't be so nice if it doesn't credit. OTX has already gypped me out of one survey payment this week, which i also found strange, because it was the first time i've ever had one not credit.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get credit! I didn't get credit for one yesterday. I hate that!

iluvamystery89
03-20-2009, 11:20 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get credit! I didn't get credit for one yesterday. I hate that!

thanks. it's 11 past the hour, and no credit :( looks like i was skunked again. i'll check back in the morning. i don't think i'll be doing OTX anymore.

sqromano
03-20-2009, 11:22 PM
thanks. it's 11 past the hour, and no credit :( looks like i was skunked again. i'll check back in the morning. i don't think i'll be doing OTX anymore.

I'm sorry. Two in one week is tough. OTX is temperamental sometimes.

toystoryduo
03-21-2009, 10:46 AM
has OTX stopped doing the pages & pages of offers at the end of the surveys? i just finished one (i had to refresh one of the pages once, it wouldn't go on to the next page) and i got a generic, black & white thank you page...no ads, offers or coupons. anyone?

I just had the same thing happen to me. Just a generic thank you page, no offers. I have to leave in a little while so I won't know if it credited until I get home later on. Did your survey happen to credit overnight?

jl8595
03-21-2009, 11:01 AM
I just had the same thing happen to me. Just a generic thank you page, no offers. I have to leave in a little while so I won't know if it credited until I get home later on. Did your survey happen to credit overnight?

Ugg...I just had the same thing happen to me. I guess I'll find out in a few minutes if it credits.

jnorth1007
03-21-2009, 12:19 PM
I you guys can get the information requested by Angie she can report the issues. If you guys don't post the required information for her she can't report anything to them and it won't get fixed. We are trying to stress to all of you that venting is not enough...we need facts and information to be able to get problems fixed or else they just ignore them. They don't ignore facts. Here is the info she is requesting once again so that she can report the issues to OTX:

1. email address
2. date and time

Just like with GF you need to report the issue everytime you get a technical error so that she can report it. Don't report through the GF link but just post your info in this thread and Angie will be checking and compiling the info to report when she can. Thanks for your help!

jtowner
03-21-2009, 01:32 PM
We all can not be saying the same thing and my be a problem with MTC. I completed a survey at 11:45 and got the same as everyone else.Thank you!

Thank you for completing our survey! We hope you will continue to participate in future surveys, as we value your opinions!

I would think that means credit, 2 hours and no credit. There is no ULR that I can give, it was completed and went to this. I do not understand what you need. Yesterday am when I did mine it went to the normal offer page, and credit without a issue. The reason no none else reported it I would think because from what I read it just started last night at some point. Here people know where to go to speak up, that is probably why you were the first to report a issue. We all stand to lose, if this is what MTC is doing going forward.

Jtowner:headache:

iluvamystery89
03-21-2009, 01:33 PM

no, no overnight credit. i've taken 2 OTX survey's this week, and neither one credited. both were completed-one had offers and coupons at the end, the other just a generic black & white thank you page.

toystoryduo
03-21-2009, 01:41 PM
no, no overnight credit. i've taken 2 OTX survey's this week, and neither one credited. both were completed-one had offers and coupons at the end, the other just a generic black & white thank you page.

I just got home a few minutes ago and found out mine didn't credit either. Unfortunately, I forgot to take note of the url before I logged out. :blush:I know the survey was about dessert and it was through decipherinc. I completed it between 10:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. I didn't get the usual offers page, but just got a generic thank you page.

marcymajor
03-21-2009, 01:41 PM
my ds just completed an otx survey. here is all the information:
http://img.otxresearch.com/customRedirects/genericcomplete.html?ed1=2453p124&ed2=
his email address is dmmajor@bellsouth.net
finished it at 1:29 today 3/21.
will let you know if it credits after 2.
this is what the page said:
Thank you!

Thank you for completing our survey! We hope you will continue to participate in future surveys, as we value your opinions!

hope this helps.
it is now 2:12 and no credit for my otx survey. i hate to say this but this really sucks!!!!!!!!!!! no credit and no 75 cents.

lkturner
03-21-2009, 01:47 PM
I did my OTX from 9am to 10am I think, about desserts, and no credit as of 12:30pm. I finished the survey and it went to the Thank you page.
Can we still enter the 'trifecta' contest if this doesn't credit?

jnorth1007
03-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Thank you guys for reporting these issues. It sounds like there may be overall issues but I can't know that until Tricia checks in and tells us the numbers for OTX. I would say not to enter the Trifecta until you get credit. Keep record though of your completions and we will see what Tricia says about the contest and the possibility of an overall problem. Keep reporting any and all technical issues like this in this thread. If there is an overall crediting issue with OTX we will get to the bottom of it.

gpp2001
03-21-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't know if you want us to keep posting if we didn't get credit but here is my info - I was able to pull up the last screen for my survey:

http://img.otxresearch.com/customRedirects/genericcomplete.html?ed1=2453p4187&ed2=

My survey was about an electronics store.

marcymajor
03-21-2009, 02:52 PM
jnorth1007-what happens if we never get credit for an otx survey even if we do complete it and get the generic thank you page? i thought that the trifecta was if you completed all 3 surveys and i hate to say this but i did post that all 3 surveys were completed today. was i wrong to do that and should i delete that post?:confused:

jnorth1007
03-21-2009, 04:27 PM
If you didn't get credit then go ahead and delete the post. Even when things are working well there are people who don't get credit for OTX's that they complete so they can't post on the Trifecta. To keep things fair for the contest plese delet e the post. Once Tricia gets the info and finds out if there is an overall issue then I am sure she will give more feedback on what will happen with the survey. The contest is for when you have completed a DS and gotten credit for a YTC and OTX. Thanks for your help but I want to keep the contest thread clean and only listing those who have had them credit. If there is a major problem with OTX surveys it will mean we won't have any entries for the contest today because noone will be able to get credit for the OTX. Just sit tight and keep track of your info in case Tricia needs it later.

jl8595
03-21-2009, 04:47 PM
my ds just completed an otx survey. here is all the information:
http://img.otxresearch.com/customRedirects/genericcomplete.html?ed1=2453p124&ed2=

I don't know if you want us to keep posting if we didn't get credit but here is my info - I was able to pull up the last screen for my survey:

http://img.otxresearch.com/customRedirects/genericcomplete.html?ed1=2453p4187&ed2=

Thank you for posting the URL - that's the exact screen I got too and mine never credited.

Janet - seeing as how that's the screen that we used to get for completing the OTX's, it didn't occur to me that something was wrong...until I read this thread after it happened. :headache: Sorry, not trying to complain to complain, just trying to understand what happened. I'll certainly copy the URL if it happens again. I'm locked out of OTX - can't try another one until tomorrow.

Breeze88
03-21-2009, 05:11 PM
jnorth1007-what happens if we never get credit for an otx survey even if we do complete it and get the generic thank you page? i thought that the trifecta was if you completed all 3 surveys and i hate to say this but i did post that all 3 surveys were completed today. was i wrong to do that and should i delete that post?:confused:

That's what I did too and I just went and read what it says about entering the trifecta and it does not say anything about having to wait for the credits to post to enter. We probably should get clarification on this before we all have to start deleting entries.

This month, Sunshine Rewards is giving away three iPod Shuffles. How do you get entered?

In this contest, complete the Sunshine Rewards Survey Trifecta (Greenfield Daily Opinion Surveys, OTX Daily Surveys, and GiveUsYourTwoCents Daily Surveys all in one day) and post in this thread. You can enter each day this month. Contest ends on March 31.

Winner will be randomly selected from this thread. Winner may choose the iPod Shuffle or a $50 Amazon.com Gift Certificate.

jnorth1007
03-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Here is actually the clarification from Tricia from that thread:

You can post as soon as you COMPLETE all there. We will just verify the winner actually got credit before we award the prize.
So while you can actually post before you get credit if you are chosen as the winner they will check the date you entered to assure you actually recieved credit for 3 surveys for that date. KWIM? So you can leave your posts but honestly they won't count in the contest if you win if you do not have credit in your account for all three surveys. You don't get entries for completing them you get entries for getting credit for them.

lkturner
03-21-2009, 05:36 PM
I was one of those who entered the 'trifecta' prior to OTX crediting [Never did credit today] and I went to delete my entry, but found it was already gone...

jnorth1007
03-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Here is the link to where that clarification can be found in response to the question from Marcy about whether or not to wait for the surveys to credit:

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=22879

jnorth1007
03-21-2009, 05:40 PM
I was one of those who entered the 'trifecta' prior to OTX crediting [Never did credit today] and I went to delete my entry, but found it was already gone...

I deleted it I figured it was easier for me to do it since I was in the thread already and could do both at once. As you can see there have been no posts about people getting the Trifecta today so noone is getting entries over anyone else. I would imagine this may signal an issue but I don't know for sure since the people in the forums are just a small part of the members and I don't know what kind of credits have shown up today. I will say that it seems odd. I explained that I deleted them to keep that thread clean and only listing people who recieved credit for all three surveys. Once Tricia gets back and decides what to do we can restore your posts to their exact position if need be. They aren't gone forever. Just temporarily deleted which is another perk of me doing it instead of you. I can restore it if I need to . Thanks guys and I have notified Tricia of the problem but I am sure she is spending the day with her family today and will respond when she gets back.

Breeze88
03-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Here is actually the clarification from Tricia from that thread:

You can post as soon as you COMPLETE all there. We will just verify the winner actually got credit before we award the prize.
So while you can actually post before you get credit if you are chosen as the winner they will check the date you entered to assure you actually recieved credit for 3 surveys for that date. KWIM? So you can leave your posts but honestly they won't count in the contest if you win if you do not have credit in your account for all three surveys. You don't get entries for completing them you get entries for getting credit for them.

I didn't see that part, I don't always read the whole thread as they can get pretty long. Since I've never had them all credit for the same day even though I completed them I'll go find my entries and delete them.

jnorth1007
03-21-2009, 06:01 PM
I would say that if you don't know which ones are entries for credited ones and which ones aren't I would leave them. Once they pick a winner they will verify. If you didn't get credit for all three they will pick another winner. That way you can keep all of your entries.

I am going to go edit the original post of Tricia's to include the clarification in case anyone else was unsure it will all be in one place. Thanks for pointing out that there could be a little confusion because I never considered it.

lkturner
03-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I deleted it I figured it was easier for me to do it since I was in the thread already and could do both at once. As you can see there have been no posts about people getting the Trifecta today so noone is getting entries over anyone else. I would imagine this may signal an issue but I don't know for sure since the people in the forums are just a small part of the members and I don't know what kind of credits have shown up today. I will say that it seems odd. I explained that I deleted them to keep that thread clean and only listing people who recieved credit for all three surveys. Once Tricia gets back and decides what to do we can restore your posts to their exact position if need be. They aren't gone forever. Just temporarily deleted which is another perk of me doing it instead of you. I can restore it if I need to . Thanks guys and I have notified Tricia of the problem but I am sure she is spending the day with her family today and will respond when she gets back.

Thank you for the explanation. It all makes more sense now. I'm a little confused today. :)

spring
03-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Add me to the list of people completing this 30 minute survey asking many questions, including financial, insurance and air travel. Knowing that there were problems today, I decided to copy a link near the beginning of the survey and my last page to possibly help SR track this issue.

Here's my early URL
https://www.fastraconlinesurveys.com/S.aspx?s=266&r=KYyB2Jn8kU2Xyus_CPYyZA&a=289&fromdetect=1

Here's my ending URL
http://img.otxresearch.com/customRedirects/genericcomplete.html?ed1=2453p7498&ed2=

Here's a copy of my ending Thank you page:

Thank you!

COPYRIGHT ? 2000 - 2009 Online Testing Exchange Technical Problems? Contact Us

Edited: I also opened a TT to report my findings. A while later, I actually received credit for this survey! I can't believe it!

fanofree
03-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Often Totally eXasperating

I'm glad I read this before I tried an OTX.

marcymajor
03-21-2009, 08:12 PM
spring-how could your otx have credited when you got the same generic thank you page as everyone else and no one else got credit? just curious that's all.

T1nkrules
03-21-2009, 08:49 PM
no credit for me either on OTX... this one was on XXX late this afternoon..... :computer:

askomsky
03-21-2009, 09:02 PM
spring-how could your otx have credited when you got the same generic thank you page as everyone else and no one else got credit? just curious that's all.

Have to assume that either it was slightly different survey or by the time she took her's maybe the system was fixed? Sometimes we'll never know why OTX credit or they don't. :confused:

jl8595
03-21-2009, 09:04 PM

I talked to her on the phone about it and she got the same message we all did (even documented it and opened a trouble ticket with her documentation), but it ended up crediting for her on the hour as normal. I'm wondering if OTX fixed the problem later today. I took mine early this morning and she didn't take hers until later this evening.

askomsky
03-21-2009, 10:34 PM

Ok couldn't get one all day so tried one last time and got in. Knowing I was taking a chance, but since Pat was able to get credit I still have hope.

I finished one on different buying habits, hotel stays and airline usage.
I got the plain white thank you page that I've copied below. We'll see if it credits at 11pm or not.

Here's the info:

Thank you!

This is the url for the page listed above. I usually see the amp survey stuff to, actually saw the AMP earlier when I couldn't get a survey.

http://img.otxresearch.com/customRedirects/genericcomplete.html?ed1=2453p7731&ed2=

this happend 1020 PM EST 3/21/09 same email as before.

The survey was thru fastrac

askomsky
03-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Update, must be fixed bc I did receive credit for my survey.

#1602157 Credit: MyThoughtCounts/OTX (Daily) 03/21/2009 0.75 Credits 03/21/2009 Paid

jtowner
03-21-2009, 11:53 PM
How did the survey end, did you get the generic page we all did or the ones with the offers? I am just trying to figure it out. Thanks.

Jtowner

spring
03-22-2009, 07:07 AM
How did the survey end, did you get the generic page we all did or the ones with the offers? I am just trying to figure it out. Thanks.

Jtowner

The survey that a lot of people had trouble with ended with a white page with OTX on it with a Thank You for completing the survey, or something like that. It looked much different than the usual blue blackground Thank You page, and the white page did not take you to pages of offers to go through, finally ending with the Eversave page.

I've been doing some thinking about this situation. Traditionally, when I get the blue OTX thank you page, I've been going through all the following pages of offers until I get the Eversave page. When I got the white thank you page, I left it open for quite some time while I was copying and pasting my situation on this thread plus opening a TT. I'm wondering if the white page just needs to stay open for some period of time so the credit will take. I really have no idea, but I thought I'd throw that out to think about.

askomsky
03-22-2009, 07:54 AM
The survey that a lot of people had trouble with ended with a white page with OTX on it with a Thank You for completing the survey, or something like that. It looked much different than the usual blue blackground Thank You page, and the white page did not take you to pages of offers to go through, finally ending with the Eversave page.

I've been doing some thinking about this situation. Traditionally, when I get the blue OTX thank you page, I've been going through all the following pages of offers until I get the Eversave page. When I got the white thank you page, I left it open for quite some time while I was copying and pasting my situation on this thread plus opening a TT. I'm wondering if the white page just needs to stay open for some period of time so the credit will take. I really have no idea, but I thought I'd throw that out to think about.

I receieved credit with the white generic thank you page, not the usual offers.

BUT I never look at the offers after an OTX finishes, as soon as I get the "Thank you page" then it starts to go to AMP etc I close it out. Last night I onloy left my thank you page up for a few seconds (same length of time as normal for me) long enough to copy url, try to refresh once and then closed it out.
Just another way to look at how someone's doing it.

spring
03-22-2009, 08:05 AM
I receieved credit with the white generic thank you page, not the usual offers.

BUT I never look at the offers after an OTX finishes, as soon as I get the "Thank you page" then it starts to go to AMP etc I close it out. Last night I onloy left my thank you page up for a few seconds (same length of time as normal for me) long enough to copy url, try to refresh once and then closed it out.
Just another way to look at how someone's doing it.

Well, I guess that clarifies that it isn't something to do with too much timing. I'm wondering if the new white thank you page is a permanent change from the old blue one with the amp offers. I had always read that it was best to leave OTX open for a time, so I always went through the amp offers to make sure I left it open enough time.

Even though I got credit yesterday evening when others didn't, I am leaving my TT open for the SR guru's to look at in case they can use the info to help others to get credit.

askomsky
03-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Well, I guess that clarifies that it isn't something to do with too much timing. I'm wondering if the new white thank you page is a permanent change from the old blue one with the amp offers. I had always read that it was best to leave OTX open for a time, so I always went through the amp offers to make sure I left it open enough time.

Even though I got credit yesterday evening when others didn't, I am leaving my TT open for the SR guru's to look at in case they can use the info to help others to get credit.

Oh I read it somewhere too, I'm just saying that I had always closed out of it and never had to worry about it,but I know others feel better leaving it open. I remember that we never used to get the offers page until that time that they offered a 2nd AMP survey in the offers page. At the time of doing an OTX after you were finished it was just the "Thank you" page. Then the one time we were offered to do that .80 amp survey is when I noticed the offers at the end and it just continued after that. Even after we went back to doing the otx's through the normal link. I never did officially open a TT I just left my info in this thread, so Miss Angie if you need an offical TT let me know!

Again the "timing" of the web pages seems like it's a personal preference, bc I have read others leave it open after finishing an offer, or opening a confirmation email. I was just saying I never leave them open longer then a few seconds before closing them out, that' sjust what works for me. :sunshine:

fourfoxesinpa
03-22-2009, 09:02 AM
OK, I just finished an OTX on prepackaged lunch meats and only time will tell whether it credits. But, FWIW, here's what the page is like...

It's the blue OTX logo up in the upper left and the message:

Thank you!

The address shown on this page is
http://img.otxresearch.com/customRedirects/genericcomplete.html....

Also, I've never done any of the offers after an OTX and very rarely had a problem with getting credit.

ETA: It's now 12 after the hour and no credit. :computer:

iluvamystery89
03-22-2009, 09:03 AM
i always go all the way to the end of the offers after completing the OTX, and always leave that tab/window open until the survey credits, but this week, it hasn't mattered-i did two OTX surveys and neither of them credited.

SunshineGirl
03-22-2009, 10:36 AM
OTX is NOT crediting right now. We only got 3 credits for the whole day yesterday. We've been emailing our contacts about the issue but I doubt that we will hear anything until tomorrow. :(

T1nkrules
03-22-2009, 11:04 AM
On top of the white page with generic info as mentioned in other posts and still no credit, so I assume there will be none, it does not let me into do another survey for another seven hours....sigh.

PS..thanks m'n'c. so noted.

PSL1013
03-22-2009, 11:24 AM
When I do an OTX, I never go past the thank you for taking the survey page and have always just closed it out at that point, I don't even let it sit there, I just close it out. I never had a problem with it not crediting, as long as I've remembered to clear cookies first! :rotfl: For the past two days I have not been able to even get into a survey and at this point I'm not even going to try for one until we get the go ahead that it's been fixed. Just another thought on the way others do an OTX. I hope they look into this little snag because I'm so close to hitting the $250 mark! :angel:

marcymajor
03-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Tricia-since u r saying that otx is not crediting right now should we not even try to take one for fear of getting frustrated and no credit.:confused:

askomsky
03-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Tricia-since u r saying that otx is not crediting right now should we not even try to take one for fear of getting frustrated and no credit.:confused:

probably a good idea unless you don't mind taking a survey and not getting credit for it. Probably a fluke that Spring and I did get credit for ours last night. Wouldn't risk taking one knowing that it's highly likely you won't get credit for it.

marcymajor
03-22-2009, 12:31 PM
thanks: for you answer - it is truly appreciated. i am so close to making the $250 and losing this $1.50 (yesterdays and possibly today's otx surveys) really hurts my chances. again :thanks: and have a great sunday.:sunshine:

spring
03-22-2009, 12:44 PM
probably a good idea unless you don't mind taking a survey and not getting credit for it. Probably a fluke that Spring and I did get credit for ours last night. Wouldn't risk taking one knowing that it's highly likely you won't get credit for it.

I agree with April. I'm going to give the SR Family time to see what's going on before I spend my time doing another OTX survey. I imagine they have to wait at least until tomorrow to begin their investigation. The only reason I tried last night was so I could copy down several different URL's to give the SR family more info about what was going on. It was a shock to me when it credited. However, I don't feel I will get that lucky again.

fourfoxesinpa
03-22-2009, 02:14 PM
thanks: for you answer - it is truly appreciated. i am so close to making the $250 and losing this $1.50 (yesterdays and possibly today's otx surveys) really hurts my chances. again :thanks: and have a great sunday.:sunshine:

You and me both! I only have until Thursday and I still need $7.50. Without OTX, my chances are growing dimmer. :cry:

marcymajor
03-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Jamie-i don't know which is worse - getting one and not getting credit or not being able to get one at all (been trying for over an hour and nothing).:confused:

askomsky
03-22-2009, 02:50 PM
You and me both! I only have until Thursday and I still need $7.50. Without OTX, my chances are growing dimmer. :cry:

That's easy! DS .90 + SM .60 = 1.50 a day. Today & tomorrow $3, Tues & Wed $3 Thurs before you leave 1.50 there's your 7.50! :sunshine: That's not counting Fri & Sat's DS & SM (unless you figured those and today's in)

m 'n c
03-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Closing for now since Tricia is working on getting OTX back up and running. I'd hold off on any OTX surveys till we hear more from her.