PDA

View Full Version : What's It Going To Take

SunshineGirl
08-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Okay. I've done a secret click and a paid click today. We have a referral contest and a daily survey bonus contest going on. And yet none of you want to talk about us on other message boards. LOL!

What's it going to take to get some love from you guys? Because I'll be happy to give it. No special Disney cashout yet since we just had one. But what kind of contests/promos/etc. would it take to get you all posting on other boards about us instead of the *cough* other reward sites.

Let me hear it and I'll do my darndest to make it happen.

lrsellars
08-16-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm on SEVERAL yahoo groups and I've mentioned it over there but I don't get many responses. I don't know if people don't understand or what but the couple that joined in the past by my referral haven't done much. I'll go and post again and one other place. I'll let you know if I get much feedback.

bs4free
08-16-2007, 03:18 PM
I am loving the rewards!

as far as the others? i dont know any and i am happy about that!

Posting on other boards, well my Dis parcaption has droped alot since i have found the sr fourms! and its hard to post about sr on the dis :(

And other then that that is all i post on alot! Sorry! I tell eveyone i know about SR only one was willing to try and has not gotten very far!

I wish i had a great idea, to bring in more people and help grow SR!!! But alas i am out of any ideas at this time! I mean the extra .50 for referal is great. and the contest for us wonderful! you do so much to provide offers for us to do! and the community for us to play in.

Thank you!:) :heart: :sunshine:

JillyFish
08-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Kick us all out of the Sunshine Rewards Forum and lock the doors until we post elsewhere???????

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Okay.....not really.....we'd all die!

The only other board I'm on is the DIS, but don't go there as often any more. But I'll gladly go give some love. (Hmmmm....thinking of what I could get away with asking for. :rotfl: )

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 03:38 PM
The major topic of discussion on Dis recently has been the candles. I have talked about them there a ton. Lets make a topic up and do that.

Kim

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Here i will do it. It is going to be called what did you spend your SR on?

Kim

jnorth1007
08-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I did my part LOL new thread requesting best offers and shopping sites. Called "So close on SR" please respond back to my post so I dont look like an idiot thread killer. THanks :rotfl:

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 03:41 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=20326922#post20326922

m 'n c
08-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I need some new boards to join. I am only on here and the dis. I lurk on bigbigforums and mycoupons but don't post. Where else do yall all hang out?

coastalgirl
08-16-2007, 03:44 PM
I don't do any other forums . Sorry Tricia! If you would like I will just go spam a whole bunch until they throw me off! :angel:

Lydia

Soccer Princess
Okay I posted under that thread! :)

llgray16
I need some new boards to join. I am only on here and the dis. I lurk on bigbigforums and mycoupons but don't post. Where else do yall all hang out?

Same for me. I used to post alot on Mycoupons but I quit a long time ago when all the drama was going on. I started to write a blog about Disney on a Dime but I just can't seem to keep it going.

What/Where else do you guys post on the net?

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Is that like volunteering someone to purposly wreck a car?

Kim

m 'n c
08-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Same for me. I used to post alot on Mycoupons but I quit a long time ago when all the drama was going on. I started to write a blog about Disney on a Dime but I just can't seem to keep it going.

What/Where else do you guys post on the net?

I like your blog idea. I think I might do one over the weekend. I love trip planning and SR so it would be good but I agree its the keeping it going that is tough. If I didn't have a crazy exbf who stalked me on myspace I'd make my profile public again since I have linked/posted about SR over there but I am not risking it (sorry tricia - my friends do see it). :(

bs4free
08-16-2007, 03:51 PM
If you have posted on the dis, post your link and i would be glad to help bump your post! and give it some life!

LuvMyBoys
08-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Ok, I posted on Janet's thread on the DIS and made a plug for Cindy's business at the same time. :)

SunshineGirl
08-16-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't do any other forums . Sorry Tricia! If you would like I will just go spam a whole bunch until they throw me off! :angel:

Lydia

LOL! That would probably be bad. :rotfl:

I'm trying my hardest to think of ways for you all to drum up referrals. I can do regular advertising on my own (little known fact--I actually have an affiliate program that people with freebie sites belong to--they earn about .80 per signup instead of the 2.00 you all get). But if I'm going to spend money on advertising, I would rather give it to all of you to spread the word.

I'm going to have to get more creative here to help you all out. <thinking cap>

jnorth1007
08-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Can your post some boards that we could join? The only other board I belong to besides here and DIS is TGM and I am limited about what I can post there although I do have a thread there and I update it periodically.

m 'n c
08-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I guess we could all go start our own blogs and write a whole entry about disney to get the blog picked up in searches and then write a whole entry about SR. That would help spread the word.

lrsellars
08-16-2007, 04:00 PM
I just posted it on slickdeals. I hope they don't kick me out of there (the only thing would be I couldn't post.) They don't like self promotion but I'm not doing it for myself. I didn't say anything about giving a referral. I'd just like for them to join but if they ask me for a referral, I'm going to give one!!! LOL!!! :angel:

SunshineGirl
08-16-2007, 04:03 PM
One thing that will help some of you women is that www.chattywomen.com is almost up. So some of you will be able to blog on there about anything you want and add your referral banners. I'll even give you some things to blog about to kick you off. We actually have Janet's blog almost up and running. At least the beginning of it...

http://www.sheneedstoknow.com/booknook

rygirlsmum
08-16-2007, 04:06 PM
On cafemom I mention SR on my profile page and then I also belong to a group there and mention it - and I also have a referral link on my signature, so when I post it's there.

I think all of my referrals are probably from one or two yahoogroups I belong to, though.

bbangel
08-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Can you let me know if the hidden click is still active?
Never mind found the answer!

Weluvdisny
08-16-2007, 04:12 PM
I added to the post on the DIS.

I tell people about SR all the time but so far no one has tried it.

ItsmeSunnyV
08-16-2007, 04:13 PM
;) ;) Yeah lets get those new members Joining!!!;) ;)

Soccer Princess
08-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Okay... I just got done posting to 4-5 SR threads on the DIS. :)
The only other forum I participate in is a very small scrapbook forum and I think Robin and I have it covered there as well lol.

We love you Tricia!!!! :)

StitchandPooh'smom
08-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Posted on two DIS threads about SR. Thank you Tricia!

Magical JenK
08-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Okay. I've done a secret click and a paid click today. We have a referral contest and a daily survey bonus contest going on. And yet none of you want to talk about us on other message boards. LOL!

What's it going to take to get some love from you guys? Because I'll be happy to give it. No special Disney cashout yet since we just had one. But what kind of contests/promos/etc. would it take to get you all posting on other boards about us instead of the *cough* other reward sites.

Ok, this all makes sense now! I was wondering why there were so many SR posts over on the dis today regarding SR! But now I know! :rotfl: I thought there was a problem w/the SR boards for a little bit!!

JillyFish
08-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Just brainstorming here....I'm just wondering how you all found out about SR. I know for a lot of us it was on the DIS. But if other people heard about it other places, maybe that will give us some ideas of what other kinds of sites to think about.

Anybody?

StitchandPooh'smom
08-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Just brainstorming here....I'm just wondering how you all found out about SR. I know for a lot of us it was on the DIS. But if other people heard about it other places, maybe that will give us some ideas of what other kinds of sites to think about.

Anybody?

It was the Budget Board on the DIS for me. :sunshine:

ItsmeSunnyV
08-16-2007, 04:31 PM

me too!:)

....thinking....thinking...thinking...making post longer....thinking..thinking...

LuvMyBoys
08-16-2007, 04:33 PM
me too!:)

....thinking....thinking...thinking...making post longer....thinking..thinking...

I also found out on the DIS budget board, I was so confused when I would see posts about paid clicks :rotfl:

bs4free
08-16-2007, 04:36 PM

Anybody?

A mention about sr and how she had earned money for her trip on the dis pre trip board, which i got the link form another trip report i pm here and got a referal! and now i am here! thanks cherbear!

m 'n c
08-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I came from the DIS budget board as well. I have tried getting people from my fashion board over here but they like the survey companies (easy to understand how to make money) rather than the GPT sites. :(

mom2ian
08-16-2007, 04:46 PM
I've added Sunshine Rewards to my signatures and posted on wahm.com and wahmzone.com, but their folders for "Get Paid To Click" ads get pretty swamped. It didn't seem that anyone else was posting there about it though. Only other programs.

Amy

SunshineGirl
08-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Okay... I just got done posting to 4-5 SR threads on the DIS. :)
The only other forum I participate in is a very small scrapbook forum and I think Robin and I have it covered there as well lol.

We love you Tricia!!!! :)

Interesting. I have seen an increase in scrapbook shopping on the site. Is that from people you two are referring?

Would trying to negotiate some special deals or coupons for some of the kind of interests help? Or are most people not big online shoppers?

kimkarli
08-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Just posted on two of the SR threads on the DIS! I also found out about SR on the DIS!:mickey:

tommygirl79
08-16-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm going to betray my DIS loyalties for just a bit and ask you something...

Tricia, are pretty much most of the Disney people here from the DIS or are the "other" Disney forums pretty much advertised too? If not, I will search some out and make the sacrifice to post on them. :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
08-16-2007, 05:41 PM

Tricia, are pretty much most of the Disney people here from the DIS or are the "other" Disney forums pretty much advertised too? If not, I will search some out and make the sacrifice to post on them. :rotfl:

DIS and Tour Guide Mike for the most part.

bbangel
08-16-2007, 05:42 PM
I posted in the MP lounge but I'm not sure what's allowed over there so it may be pulled.

tink2008
08-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Tricia and SG! Can I just tell you how nice your site is. I have never been to another rewards site until I heard of SR. I was reading Moday on the dis board and everyone was talking about some other site. So I went there and was totally lost. Have no clue what to do so I refuse to do it. If SR was as confussing as it was I would not still be here. Your site is so user freindly and easy to understand. You have really made it simple to move around in. I really wanted to post on the DIs Rewards that this particular ** Group sucked but I am to chicken. Dont want people reaming down my neck. But I just wanted you to know this place is AWSOME! :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:

linanglab
08-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Well....SR is about the only place I am on. I have only been on the DIS about 2 -3 times in the last 4 weeks. SR has won my heart. But I will be glad to join another forum and "advertise" SR if told where to go. I am slightly clueless about where to go

Angela

SunshineGirl
08-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Tricia and SG! Can I just tell you how nice your site is. I have never been to another rewards site until I heard of SR. I was reading Moday on the dis board and everyone was talking about some other site. So I went there and was totally lost. Have no clue what to do so I refuse to do it. If SR was as confussing as it was I would not still be here. Your site is so user freindly and easy to understand. You have really made it simple to move around in. I really wanted to post on the DIs Rewards that this particular ** Group sucked but I am to chicken. Dont want people reaming down my neck. But I just wanted you to know this place is AWSOME! :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:

Thank you! We try to be user friendly...I think we have the "friendly" part down. LOL!!! We're so lucky to have members that are willing to give us feedback and a chance to change things that are crappy. It's really the only way that we can get better.

m 'n c
08-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Well....SR is about the only place I am on. I have only been on the DIS about 2 -3 times in the last 4 weeks. SR has won my heart. But I will be glad to join another forum and "advertise" SR if told where to go. I am slightly clueless about where to go

Angela

me too. I might do a google search for other disney message boards and ease myself into them. If I find one I'll pm you about it and we can tag team it. Also, I'll be creating a blog and then posting on everyone here's blog this week to bump them and get traffic to them. I'll post my link once its up and everyone can do the same. Gotta create traffic to get those webcrawlers to find them.

Mom2aPrincess
08-16-2007, 06:16 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=20326922#post20326922

I went and posted here!

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Budget board for me too

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 06:24 PM
I would love to do a blog but just haven't gotten there yet. I am a huge online shopper and actually have a list of things to do when I get back. But right now money is tight getting my store up and running. I know that there are a lot of people that own little websites. I have a close friend who does bottlecaps and one that does american girl clothes and so on. Maybe if we put you on our weblinks you could do the same thing. I asked both of them about if they knew how to set up an affiliate program and both had no clue. But on mine I have your website as a link. And disney vacation scents. And anyone else who wants to be there. But I don't think I get a ton of traffic. Gonna go pack and think here.

Kim

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 06:27 PM
It is too bad we can't tell someone how to get a disney vacation for free you know.

Lisaj68
08-16-2007, 06:30 PM
I posted on DIS, too.

Sorry - this is the only site I chat on....I too wouldn't have the faintest idea where else to chat!

I have 1 friend who signed up under me. I think she must have clicked on a 1 cent email at some point by mistake!!! She has been at $2.01 for a very long time!!!! :rotfl: I have sent her emails about SR opportunities and even sent her the ecard where we get paid 5 cents....still, nothing!!

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I have so many that are just sitting there. I send them easy things to do and for some it is like ya rock on and others like what.....

m 'n c
08-16-2007, 06:47 PM

Ok I did some googling a few minutes ago. Would you be up for some posting with me? I think we need to do this "advertising" covertly if you know what I mean. maybe a few of us could get in on this and hop around some sites and spread the word about SR.

(would this be ok with you Tricia??)

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Girl you tell me where and I am there. Ready to go!!!!!

m 'n c
08-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Girl you tell me where and I am there. Ready to go!!!!!

Alrighty lets get the ok from Tricia then we can start planning :angel:

jl8595
08-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Ok I did some googling a few minutes ago. Would you be up for some posting with me? I think we need to do this "advertising" covertly if you know what I mean. maybe a few of us could get in on this and hop around some sites and spread the word about SR.

(would this be ok with you Tricia??)

Tell me where and I'll be there too! :sunshine:

(queue the Mission Impossible music)

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 06:53 PM
as soon as I read that I had that song in my head.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

That is a secret meeting.

disney_girl
08-16-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm in too- just let me know how to proceed!

jl8595
08-16-2007, 06:54 PM
I posted to both Kim and Janet's threads on the DIS. I only hang out here and the DIS (found out about SR through the budget boards on the DIS), but I'd be willing to join the covert, undercover operation to spread the Sunshine!!

bbangel
08-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Do we need to synchronize our watches?

bs4free
08-16-2007, 06:57 PM
So where do i enlist in the Sunshine Rewards Army!

Mom2aPrincess
08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Alrighty lets get the ok from Tricia then we can start planning :angel:

I'll join in too (and I think I just got a referral off of DIS on one of the candle threads!!)

m 'n c
08-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Ok we'll get the go ahead when tricia comes back and we can either meet in the chat at a designated time and discuss or we can go through pm. Just let me know what's preferred either here or via pm.

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Nice I have posted a ton on there.

Kim

sunshinecindy
08-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Ok, I've done my damage over there and ......ah hem......I did read the posts about me.......ya, i can feel the :heart:

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 07:03 PM
It has to be tonight for me. I leave tomorrow am for WDW. She has got to be around somewhere.

Kim

mollyeilis
08-16-2007, 07:03 PM
So where do i enlist in the Sunshine Rewards Army!

Too funny. I'm re-reading Order of the Phoenix, and Dumbledore's Army was just discovered...then I come here and see that. :)

Kick us all out of the Sunshine Rewards Forum and lock the doors until we post elsewhere???????

Thats the truth! Turns out I did just post to a SR thread on Dis, but other than that, it just feels silly to post about SR over there, since the forums here are so comprehensive.

And referrals just don't work for me. My IRL friends don't care, I have posted with referral link and "Sunshine Rewards" written out on my xanga blog and on my livejournal journal (all public posts), and didn't even get noticed by your google web-searchers. I've posted my referral link and the words on cruisecritic a few times and never got noticed by anyone, not even your google function thing that seeks out such things... I once got a PM by a new Dis member, asking about SR. I gave her a TON of info, and tried to be honest by NOT giving my referral link (b/c the rules seem to say you have to be specifically ASKED for the REFERRAL, not just asked questions) but saying if she wanted my referral link I'd give it to her, and never even got a THANK YOU for all of my typing.

So, nothing seems to work for me, not to get referrals and not to get noticed by SR's referral/blog-mention-of-site system, so I just focus on my OWN earnings...

And it looks like I was too late for the hidden link.

m 'n c
08-16-2007, 07:05 PM
It has to be tonight for me. I leave tomorrow am for WDW. She has got to be around somewhere.

Kim

Well this can be an ongoing thing. Doesn't have to be tonight only :)

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Memories of our disney vacation....

Electric Tart Burner from Baubles, Bling, and Things 11.00 plus shipping with 12% cash back right now

Tarts from Disney Vacation Scents of favorite parts of the park 3 tarts for 5.00 plus shipping and 1 free tart as a SR member

What you will be giving someone for under 20.00 is priceless.

bs4free
08-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Ok, I've done my damage over there and ......ah hem......I did read the posts about me.......ya, i can feel the :heart:

You dont mean my little post about your favorite offers being anything that pays and offers wine do you :angel: :confused:

jnorth1007
08-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Im there for the operation I am a member of one of the Disney forums. I joined by mistake before I found DIS and TGM. I think it was Disney Magic or something like that.

jl8595
08-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Okay folks - I posted a quick thread on XXXXX. I lurk there (mostly for the black friday deals!) so I'm not sure how the people will take it. Here's my thread...please go post to it!!!

bs4free
08-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Memories of our disney vacation....

Electric Tart Burner from Baubles, Bling, and Things 11.00 plus shipping with 12% cash back right now

Tarts from Disney Vacation Scents of favorite parts of the park 3 tarts for 5.00 plus shipping and 1 free tart as a SR member

What you will be giving someone for under 20.00 is priceless.

I just read that on the dis. I loved it!

sunshinecindy
08-16-2007, 07:12 PM
You dont mean my little post about your favorite offers being anything that pays and offers wine do you :angel: :confused:

Ah ya, that would be it.

m 'n c
08-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Ok I'm going to leave work and hopefully get home safely within the next half hour eat and then start discussing what we can do.

bbangel
08-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I'll be home in an hour and am hoping to see you all in chat to discuss

jl8595
08-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks Kim - just saw your post on my thread. Any other takers???

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 07:30 PM
What about intercot? Does anyone do this anymore?

Mom2aPrincess
08-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Okay folks - I posted a quick thread on gottadeal. I lurk there (mostly for the black friday deals!) so I'm not sure how the people will take it. Here's my thread...please go post to it!!!

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?p=869135#post869135

ALright...I joined this forum and about to post! :sunshine2:

jnorth1007
08-16-2007, 07:34 PM

I posted to it!

jl8595
08-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Awesome!! Nice work peeps!!

tghamilton
08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
I chatted you up at work today. :sunshine:

nurseminnie76
08-16-2007, 07:43 PM
I just posted on the gottadeal thread. I lurk on those boards regularly. I joined in 2005 but today's post was only #12 for me - LOL. Maybe that thread will create some traffic for SR.

jnorth1007
08-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Very nice guys. I wanted to cry going through all the different places you guys posted. I swear yall are awesome. I went to TGM and posted in a thread about looking for croc deals about ordering through SR. I also posted on Dis and on The deals one.

m 'n c
08-16-2007, 07:54 PM
anyone wanna chat? I think bf is going to drag me to the gym soon so I'll be mia for a while.

SunshineGirl
YEA!!!!! You all are awesome. I'm going to have to come up with a nice little contest for the forum now so that we can give away some prizes. Hmm....gotta think about that. :)

Now the big question. Have any of you gotten any referrals??

jl8595
Very nice guys. I wanted to cry going through all the different places you guys posted. I swear yall are awesome. I went to TGM and posted in a thread about looking for croc deals about ordering through SR. I also posted on Dis and on The deals one.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

(off to TGM now..........hold please..............)

jl8595
08-16-2007, 07:58 PM
OK, I just added to your TGM post Janet. Yay!!

Lisaj68
08-16-2007, 08:01 PM

I clicked on the link to post and it was hilarious!!! All these people who have come out of "lurkdom" to post that they belong to SR !!! lots of first posts, a few fourth posts, etc.!!! Not obvious at all !!! :rotfl: Ah....who cares if it gets the job done!!! :p

jnorth1007
08-16-2007, 08:02 PM
YAY!!!!!!!

rygirlsmum
08-16-2007, 08:07 PM
YEA!!!!! You all are awesome. I'm going to have to come up with a nice little contest for the forum now so that we can give away some prizes. Hmm....gotta think about that. :)

Now the big question. Have any of you gotten any referrals??

Most of mine come from info I've given on a yahoogroup and 2 of those people hit the $5 mark pretty quickly - and one of them is on the BigBoard!:cooldance:

SunshineGirl
08-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Don't forget to tell everyone that if they sign up through a member instead of the general signup, they get 2.50 instead of 2.00. I want you all to get credit for your word of mouth. :)

kimntrent
08-16-2007, 08:14 PM
I have gotten 1 and that was this am. But although she said she was doing stuff I don't thinks he did.

Kim

Lisaj68
08-16-2007, 08:14 PM

just posted here too!

~Kathie
08-16-2007, 08:41 PM

Me too. I lurk on several boards but don't post.

Anyone a member of Gather.com?

2yearplan
08-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Okay---hope I don't lose my membership--- I posted SR on the grocerygame.com!!! You should really check it out. It takes a little time to get started and organized, but I have not had to buy shampoo, conditioner, deoderant, Electrosol, razor blades, pudding, cake mix, syrup, etc. for MONTHS!!!!! PM me and I'll send you a copy of my binder labels and how to set up your binder. You won't be sorry!

nurseminnie76
08-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Okay---hope I don't lose my membership--- I posted SR on the grocerygame.com!!! You should really check it out. It takes a little time to get started and organized, but I have not had to buy shampoo, conditioner, deoderant, Electrosol, razor blades, pudding, cake mix, syrup, etc. for MONTHS!!!!! PM me and I'll send you a copy of my binder labels and how to set up your binder. You won't be sorry!

I almost posted on GG this afternoon. I wasn't sure about it and after reading all the rules I chickened out - LOL. Where did you put? Hot Tips? I'll go post on it.

SunshineGirl
08-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Some of you MUST be getting referrals because I have seen an increase in memberships of about twice today what we normally get on a Thursday. Now I just have to ensure that they earn their 5.00 so that you get paid. :)

jl8595
08-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Maybe our hardwork this afternoon is paying off?? Wishful thinking!!

bs4free
08-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Some of you MUST be getting referrals because I have seen an increase in memberships of about twice today what we normally get on a Thursday. Now I just have to ensure that they earn their 5.00 so that you get paid. :)

I hope some one is getting refferal credit! And i hope they join the fourms so we can give them a proper welcome!

Mabey offer a 1 cent incentive to create a fourm account! and make 1 post! I bet that would bring the into the fourm

Lisaj68
08-16-2007, 10:06 PM
I hope some one is getting refferal credit! And i hope they join the fourms so we can give them a proper welcome!

Mabey offer a 1 cent incentive to create a fourm account! and make 1 post! I bet that would bring the into the fourm

That's a good idea!!!

cherbear
08-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Bryan you are welcome!

I was going to post this as a new thread but then I decided to check out the new posts to see if the referral thing was being talked about.

Tricia, when is the .50 supposed to credit? at the same time as the 2.00? Because I have referred a couple of people and I see they only have the 2.00 in their accounts.

And I have been shamelessly plugging SR over on the disboards on my pre trip report, but I was told I'm not allowed to post links so I have to get people to PM me and then I reply with the referral link. Unfortunately I got a few when I first started and now this referral program has started. Also I finally got my sister to sign up...1 day before the referral contest---grrr...

And most of my referrals don't seem to want to earn any money!

I posted a very shameless plug...lol....over on my facebook account. I wrote a large "note" and pasted the link there and begged all my friends to join. I hope it works! I also posted a couple of things on a couple of disney/park groups that I am in on facebook but that was before the contest began, and I don't think I got any leads from there.

Also, one more question---for those who I referred before this contest started, if they earn their 5.00 during this contest period does that mean they are included or is that just for brand new referrals?

cherbear
08-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh wow I just got a new referral and I don't even recognize the name!

luvhockey
08-16-2007, 10:12 PM
on Creatingkeepsakes.com message board and do scapbooking swaps but the past 9 months or so Disney planning and moneymaking have kept me away.

I semi regularly post on Geocaching.com but they don't seem the type to do SR. There are quite a few women who do cache. Maybe I'll try mentioning something there. I don't think we can have any kind of banner type things though. Geocaching is our family hobby, although it's been way too hot lately.

Angela

3dog2kidmom
08-16-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm sorry -- the only other board I post on (other than the DIS, but I don't even post there now) is private for only about 30 women so that won't help since you can't find it. But I have been putting my referral link there, I promise... Here's a quote:

Here's the referral link for the Sunshine Rewards site I was telling you about. I'm up to $1,383 now from just this site, and that doesn't even count the "extra" from the "special cashouts" like the one where I just got $350 in Disney gift cards (that just came today!!!) for only 330 credits. That's free money earning me even more free money Including those extras, I'm probably at more like $1475+ in just a year's time from this one site.

After you sign up for your free account, it's also a good idea to join the Sunshine Rewards forum. You will learn the ins and outs of doing rewards or GPT programs (things like get a different email account that you don't mind getting spammed, how to get a free "real" phone number to use for offers, etc.) and get an idea of what offers are the best to do. There are a lot of survey-type things, daily surveys, sign-ups, trials you can do that cost a few dollars , and the easiest way to rack up free money is to shop online through their links for a % back.

This site is run by a former corporate attorney who now stays at home with her two little girls and came up with a way to share the money she was making from advertisers off the people who clicked on the links on her mom's website with other moms, to give them a way to earn a little fun money. Great concept, great site, wonderful owners... and I have come to love the community as well.

Anyway, have fun with it, and let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/signup.php?r=880

chipndale
08-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I found SR from DIS budget board also. This and DIS is the only 2 boards that I actively post on. I guess I will have to do some searching.

emmoore5124
08-17-2007, 08:11 AM
I posted on babycenter.com on the bargain hunters board. They have lots of people doing GPTs and on Fridays you are allowed to post your referrals but I've never seen SR before over there. Here's a link to my post:

http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=105553.6&nav=messages&webtag=bcus5465

wdwabby
08-17-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm doing what I can - I've been talking up SR on my pre-trip report over on the DIS and mention it a lot in my LiveJournal profile and posts. It's very difficult to talk about SR on the DIS, because I don't want to get in trouble. Thankfully one of my pre-TR readers PM'ed me about SR and I got a referral that way (who is active and over her $5 now!:cooldance: )

and I didn't even get to find out about the special click because I had to *gasp* do work all day yesterday at work!

wilsonfamily4
08-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I think I have a new one! Hopefully she will sign up today but hopefully this weekend if not!

arob414
08-17-2007, 11:18 AM
I don't post anywhere except here. Until now, I was too afraid because I had lurked for so long on other boards and watched members rip the heads off of new people, confused people, etc. I love this board, everyone is so tolerant and do not automatically jump on people. Now, the scammers, spammers I can totally understand jumping them.

BTW, ya'll got just a little over ambitious on GottaADeal, they removed the post.

I have sent emails to friends and family. I have hope that my sister and neice will actually join when they get back from their Disney/Universal trip. My sister knows about gpt, etc but really only gets into this stuff near Christmas when she is hunting deals. And, my neice is a SAHM to two little boys and could really use the extra income. So, I really hope she joins.

jl8595
08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
BTW, ya'll got just a little over ambitious on GottaADeal, they removed the post.

Yup they did...but not before we got a an inquiry about SR!! I got a PM from a long time member and was able to give her referral link. So it ended up being worth it and hopefully she'll follow through. I wasn't too suprised they deleted the thread. I've lurked there for a long time and it can be a volatile place.

arob414
08-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Yup they did...but not before we got a an inquiry about SR!! I got a PM from a long time member and was able to give her referral link. So it ended up being worth it and hopefully she'll follow through. I wasn't too suprised they deleted the thread. I've lurked there for a long time and it can be a volatile place.

That's wonderful! It was funny reading it before it came down. I wanted to go on and tell them ya'll weren't one person, but then it would look like I was the one person. :rotfl: So I just moved on. But, at least you got a referral, every one helps.

jl8595
08-17-2007, 12:25 PM
That's wonderful! It was funny reading it before it came down. I wanted to go on and tell them ya'll weren't one person, but then it would look like I was the one person. :rotfl: So I just moved on. But, at least you got a referral, every one helps.

LOL!! I agree it looked pretty sketchy, but I figured it would be worth a shot. :rotfl:

m 'n c
08-17-2007, 12:35 PM
LOL!! I agree it looked pretty sketchy, but I figured it would be worth a shot. :rotfl:

Whatever it takes right? ;)

jl8595
08-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Whatever it takes right? ;)

I don't know what you're talking about...LOL!! :angel:

cherbear
08-17-2007, 02:36 PM
so can anyone report referrals receiving 2.50 with the new link? None of mine have. Is there a delay with the .50 crediting?

bbangel
08-17-2007, 02:51 PM
so can anyone report referrals receiving 2.50 with the new link? None of mine have. Is there a delay with the .50 crediting?

The .50 is in an email they are sent

MdCaterer
08-17-2007, 03:09 PM

Ok, let's see extra earnings rollover to next super member quarter....
your first born....
No seriously, I did put a link right on my website and I just did get someone to join the other day. I heard about SR on the DIS boards, but I will look for other places to post

cherbear
08-17-2007, 03:13 PM
The .50 is in an email they are sent

oh THANK YOU! I guess no one is checking their email yet! shame shame

IckyMickey
08-17-2007, 04:59 PM
I learned about SR on the Dis - Restaurant Reviews. Sarah - SM from NC did hers and said how she got in an extra "free" dinner thanks to SR. I PM'd her and that's how I found out about SR.

I had NEVER scrolled to the bottom of the DisBoards until she told me about it and I had been addicted to the DisBoard site since August of 06 but didn't find SR until March of 07!

If someone does a dining review and thanks their SR gift cards that may help.

jl8595
08-17-2007, 05:43 PM
I learned about SR on the Dis - Restaurant Reviews. Sarah - SM from NC did hers and said how she got in an extra "free" dinner thanks to SR. I PM'd her and that's how I found out about SR.

I had NEVER scrolled to the bottom of the DisBoards until she told me about it and I had been addicted to the DisBoard site since August of 06 but didn't find SR until March of 07!

If someone does a dining review and thanks their SR gift cards that may help.

Ohhh....good thinking! I'm planning/hoping to do a photo dining review (those get the most attention) after my September trip. Thanks for the tip!!

Jipster
08-18-2007, 12:19 AM
I've talked SR up to all of my friends. Everyone says, "Wow, that's great!" But no one is interested in signing up. Guess they're all flush with cash.....NOT!

MdCaterer
08-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Problem is, it does sound too good to be true. I was a member of another rewards program and worked my buns off just to earn $75 in about a year!!!
This is definitely much better!

missymouse
08-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Ok there was a thread on the Budget Board of the Dis asking for you best tip for saving money on food at WDW and I answered earning GC from Reward sites. Had 3 people PM me for additional information. One is a SR member and haven't heard back from the other two. They may all be SR members since I didn't state which reward sites because I was afraid of getting in trouble for trying to get referrals.

m 'n c
08-18-2007, 03:43 PM
I just bumped that thread missymouse to help give some credibility to reward programs ;)

luckylabonte
08-18-2007, 05:31 PM
can we post our SR banner in a myspace comment or bulletin? I couldn't get the banners (only the link) to work on my profile page (at myspace) but I haven't tried it as a comment.

missymouse
08-18-2007, 06:58 PM
I just bumped that thread missymouse to help give some credibility to reward programs ;)

Thanks

I saw that. I am shocked at the response I got, but so far have not seen any referrals. But I sent information to 6 people so maybe one of them will give SR a try.

Mom2aPrincess
08-18-2007, 07:31 PM

I just went and did the same.

m 'n c
08-18-2007, 08:16 PM
can we post our SR banner in a myspace comment or bulletin? I couldn't get the banners (only the link) to work on my profile page (at myspace) but I haven't tried it as a comment.

Yes. BBangel (Megan) was able to add a banner to her about me section. Maybe check with her on if she had to do anything special with it.

Anna
08-18-2007, 08:45 PM

My myspace page is FILLED with Sunshine Rewards as is my blog on there....just look me up....!!!!! So far no hits even there!

I am certainly up for any and all tips to get some referrals!!! Point me!:sunshine:

Anna
08-18-2007, 09:15 PM
I added to the post on the DIS.

I tell people about SR all the time but so far no one has tried it.

Same for me! I posted and tell others about SR all of the time but no one "gets it.":confused:

I have SR on my webpage that is in my signature here....and all over my myspace page.

missymouse
08-19-2007, 06:33 PM
I am trying to spread the word on the Dis. I have been going to other areas than budget and Reward sites and posting the rewards sites as my best tip. Still haven't gotten any referrals but have answered alot of PM's so maybe a few of them will end up joining.

m 'n c
08-19-2007, 06:47 PM
I put up a link on the WW message board that I visit every now and then. They had a thread that asked what other sites do you check everyday so I put in SR of course! No pm's yet but maybe someone will find that thread and click on the link.

MdCaterer
08-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Ok. I addedSR info ontwo message boards I go to now and again. I hope it helps

jfyreka
08-20-2007, 12:08 AM
I posted a link on the MommyJobs message boards. Hopefully that will bring in some new folks!!!

bbangel
08-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Someone clicked on my link somewhere but I have no clue who they are! They just joined today.

bs4free
08-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Someone clicked on my link somewhere but I have no clue who they are! They just joined today.

WOOT! Yeah!

MdCaterer
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Ok. I addedSR info ontwo message boards I go to now and again. I hope it helps

MUST HAVE WORKED!!! Today I have 7 new referrals!!!!! YEAH!!!!

SunshineGirl
08-20-2007, 03:17 PM
MUST HAVE WORKED!!! Today I have 7 new referrals!!!!! YEAH!!!!

That is fabulous!!!

Belle
08-20-2007, 03:23 PM
And yet none of you want to talk about us on other message boards.I've been doing a lot of talking about SR on another popular message board. Unfortunately, I haven't received any referrals during the contest. :(

m 'n c
08-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I've been doing a lot of talking about SR on another popular message board. Unfortunately, I haven't received any referrals during the contest. :(

If you need help making it sound reputable I'm sure the SR Army would be willing to help. :angel:

eaglesdare
09-09-2007, 09:22 AM
can you add scrapbooking merchants to our list of "get credit for shopping with them" . sorry about not knowing the correct terms, but i am still new and learning.

i belong to a few boards, but posting about this would seem to violate some soliciting rules. but i may beable to throw something in, if scrapbooking was included. i buy stuff from one particular site, for digital scrapbooking, it is possible to contact them and make arrangements if possible.

plus some horse shopping places that might help also.

not sure how to do any of the above, but i might help me to bring the topic up. plus of course if the site that i shop at would be a member, i would buy more from them! LOL

just curious how you bring up the topic without it sounding like a solicitation, which i seem to see as against most rules.

mollyeilis
09-09-2007, 10:34 AM
eaglesdare, over in the shopping section, people will start threads saying "how about you include xyz store?"

kimntrent
09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Put it in your signuature on your email. I respond to almost everything with my personal aol account. And my sunshine link is on every one of them. Some places don't like us solicing but some places don't mind at all. I have gotten a few people past the 5.00 mark with emails I send.

Kim