PDA

View Full Version : Simply Karen

JillyFish
08-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Is anyone going to try this? I'm a little confused though....do you think you have to buy the 9-piece kit or can you make any purchase? I'm assuming the kit.

SunshineGirl
08-16-2007, 11:17 PM
It says "any purchase" in the offer. I didn't see anything but the kit, but I didn't look around very hard.

Kittykat
08-17-2007, 07:29 AM
It says "any purchase" in the offer. I didn't see anything but the kit, but I didn't look around very hard.

I think she has quite an extensive line of mineral make up. I didn't get to look very long but she did have some very pretty blush colors. :)

SunshineGirl
08-17-2007, 07:54 AM
I just went and took a look. To avoid what happened with PetCareRX (people were placing orders for so little that they came back later and revoked all of the money), I put a $20 minimum order requirement on the offer.

JillyFish
08-17-2007, 08:49 AM
I just went and took a look. To avoid what happened with PetCareRX (people were placing orders for so little that they came back later and revoked all of the money), I put a $20 minimum order requirement on the offer.

Thanks Tricia for clarifying it for us! $20 is very doable.

jnorth1007
08-17-2007, 09:14 AM
I dont see how you can make a purchase other than the kit. How are you doing that? Im contemplating doing the kit anyways but I wanted to see what else they had.

JillyFish
08-17-2007, 11:10 AM
I dont see how you can make a purchase other than the kit. How are you doing that? Im contemplating doing the kit anyways but I wanted to see what else they had.

There are links up at the top for face, lips, eyes, etc. For a minute I thought you couldn't order other things either. It's a little different, you have to click on the actual shade you want.

Does that make sense?

jnorth1007
08-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Perfect sense

jnorth1007
08-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Ok I just ordered the kit. I have been wanting to buy the Bare Minerals or whatever anyways so I figured I would try this one out. Hope it works

JillyFish
08-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Ok I just ordered the kit. I have been wanting to buy the Bare Minerals or whatever anyways so I figured I would try this one out. Hope it works

I figured you would jump on this offer. :) I'm still trying to decide what to get....(OY!!! Can you tell I'm a tad bit indecisive??? Need help picking shoes, need help planning vacation, can't decide which make-up.....:rotfl: ) I really don't need the whole kit, but it IS a really good deal and it DOES contain an eye shadow and I don't have any mineral eye shadows. Hmmmmm....gotta go look again!

And I just realized it's supposed to be a fast-crediting offer!!! :cooldance:

JillyFish
08-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Okay. I did it. Ordered the kit. Done. :rotfl:

Now to wait patiently for the credit.....

SunshineGirl
08-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Jill, yours came through. Janet, I don't think that yours did. Is there any chance at all that you have something blocking cookies??

jnorth1007
08-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I dont know what it could be but I guess I will run my cleaner and AVG. I dont know what else to do since I have changed everything to make this work. I have never had an issue with paid offers before. Just shopping credits.

jnorth1007
08-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Im not going to be able to dispute this one am I ?

JillyFish
08-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Jill, yours came through. Janet, I don't think that yours did. Is there any chance at all that you have something blocking cookies??

I don't see it in my account. Will it post at 1:00?

SunshineGirl
08-17-2007, 12:49 PM
I actually already emailed my contact to see what is up with the tracking. I told him that we had at least one missing. It's quite possible that we can get the money because I got a very nice email from him this morning about how helpful I am to their business. :)

The paid offers and the shopping operate a little bit different, but not too much. It has to be something with the shopping, I just can't figure out WHAT!! :(

JillyFish
08-17-2007, 01:03 PM
1:01 and there it is! :clap:

Janet, I am so sorry you're having troubles! I would be terribly frustrated too!
:hugs:

jnorth1007
08-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Ok I went and did SPybot and AVG and there were 10 tracking cookies that spybot found. I dont know if those would cause me trouble or not but there werent there 2 days ago. These wont be what is causing the issue with shoebuy but I guess they could have caused the issue with zazzle and simply karen. I guess Im going to have to run that every morning now.

SunshineGirl
08-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Ok I went and did SPybot and AVG and there were 10 tracking cookies that spybot found. I dont know if those would cause me trouble or not but there werent there 2 days ago. These wont be what is causing the issue with shoebuy but I guess they could have caused the issue with zazzle and simply karen. I guess Im going to have to run that every morning now.

I'm thinking that it is even something bigger than that. Maybe some setting on your firewall or something?

jnorth1007
08-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Is there a way to tell which firewall I am using? :confused: I did a search for firewalls and Norton comes up as well as AOL as well as others. I just cant figure out which one I need for my IE and bellsouth internet service. I do use aol but I use the free service so the saftey features shouldnt be active. ARgggggggggggggggggggggggg!

jnorth1007
08-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Ok I went in and found the windows firewall and it is on with an exception list where I added internet explorer. I hope this works but I dont know how I can test it lol where is that Sunshine Guy when I need him???

sunshinecindy
08-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Ok, I have not a clue what mineral make up is. I don't wear makeup, but you guys all seem to know. Whats the deal?

JillyFish
08-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Ok, I have not a clue what mineral make up is. I don't wear makeup, but you guys all seem to know. Whats the deal?

Well....it's a powder make-up made of crushed minerals. It's very light, yet has good coverage. It's supposed to be a lot better for your skin than liquid make-up that has oils and stuff in it.

luvdisney00
08-17-2007, 07:38 PM
I was thinking of trying this too. Has anyone tried the makeup? It looks nice, but I use Sheer Cover and really like that. I wonder if it is similar. Anyone get it yet?

Mom2aPrincess
08-17-2007, 07:39 PM

I've not ever used this, but I love bare minerals. It doesn't have all the chemicals in it that normal makeup has in it making it much better for your skin. Because it's natural you don't even have to be religious about washing your face. It has a great natural coverage....You won't have the "MAKEUP" look if that's what you like. To me it's more of an all over concealer...it just makes your skin tone even out and look SUPER healthy. It took some getting used to for me as I was accustomed to the more "fake" look that liquid foundations give you, but I've adjusted and really like it a lot now.

Kittykat
08-17-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm a BE convert and have to say that I love mineral make up. My skin is prone to breakouts (even at 34) and BE really cut down on the number of times my skin would break out.

I was still poking around her site and found that her foundations come in 10g sizes (you can get smaller sizes but 10g is the normal size) and is a great deal for $24--shipping makes it a little steeper ($6.95) but if her product is good, still a good deal.

So who ordered and can give us some feedback soon? :sunshine2:

JillyFish
08-17-2007, 09:17 PM
So who ordered and can give us some feedback soon? :sunshine2:

I think Janet and I were the first ones to order and that was just this morning. But hopefully in a couple days we'll be able to give a review! :sunshine2:

speechteachri
08-17-2007, 10:07 PM
I have not checked out this site, but I will. I have been using Everyday Minerals since the beginning of the summer and my skin is really loving it. I love that my skin still looks fresh even late in the day without touch-ups. It was great in the Florida humidity for our trip too. The mineral makeup is supposed to be a lot better for your skin because of the lack of chemicals. The application of it does take some getting used to though. My makeup routine takes me longer now, but I like the results much better. More natural and longer lasting.

athoods
08-18-2007, 12:50 PM
I ordered the 9 peice kit yesterday. It should be here hopefully by Wed, I have used everyday minerals for a while and I do like them. The SPF protection it great nad I have sensetive oily skin and minerals makeup works much better for me. I use to use Cinque and I still use thier 3 step and a few products but when it is hot and steamy( 2 weeks of 100+ temps in Georgia) minerals makeup woks great.

I will chime in when I get them.

Credit showed up within 1 Hr.

Kittykat
08-18-2007, 02:26 PM
I have not checked out this site, but I will. I have been using Everyday Minerals since the beginning of the summer and my skin is really loving it. I love that my skin still looks fresh even late in the day without touch-ups. It was great in the Florida humidity for our trip too. The mineral makeup is supposed to be a lot better for your skin because of the lack of chemicals. The application of it does take some getting used to though. My makeup routine takes me longer now, but I like the results much better. More natural and longer lasting.

I tried Everyday Minerals and while I loved her product, her foundations had too much yellow pigment in them for me. Her blushes are great though.

I can't decide whether I should try Simply Karen or not...I don't *need* anything right now--not that that's ever stopped me from shopping before! :p

Anna
08-19-2007, 11:43 AM
I ordered the kit and an extra eye shadow. My pending credit showed up quickly! Thank heavens!:cooldance:

jnorth1007
08-20-2007, 04:03 PM
This company has AWESOME customer service. I had an issue with my order on Friday, first I new I wasnt going to get credit for it because of computer problems. Second, I got the email and realized I ordered the wrong friggin color of foundation. I decided to call them. The whole company was off on Friday for an employee picnic. I knew this because the recording said so. LOL. My first thought was oh cripes this is gonna be a pain to deal with. I emailed them that minute and told them the issues and asked if I could cancel my order and then reorder when I figured out what color I should be ordering. I got an email today saying they would be happy to cancel my order and provide a full refund and they gave me a number to call for personalized help in choosing a color if I decide I want to reorder later. I also received an email from paypal saying they had credited my account already. Awesome customer service!

wilsonfamily4
08-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I just did this order but when I went through paypal it said there was an error and to retry it. No thank you as the 56.xx has already came out of my paypal account!!! So I have sent an email out to them. I hope I still get credit for this order now that there are errors. I WOULD NOT have done this offer otherwise. :( We'll see.

jnorth1007
08-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Yanno, I had an issue with Paypal saying that also when I did mine. But I saw that the cahrge went through on mine. THen Tricia looked and said my credit wasnt showing. Hopefully it was because of my computer and not a glitch. I hope yours comes through.

SunshineGirl
08-20-2007, 05:03 PM
I just did this order but when I went through paypal it said there was an error and to retry it. No thank you as the 56.xx has already came out of my paypal account!!! So I have sent an email out to them. I hope I still get credit for this order now that there are errors. I WOULD NOT have done this offer otherwise. :( We'll see.

You may just want to go ahead and cancel this because it did NOT come through on the 5:00 offer run.

wilsonfamily4
08-20-2007, 05:10 PM
You may just want to go ahead and cancel this because it did NOT come through on the 5:00 offer run.

Okay I sent them another email asking to cancel the order. I hope this works out. So this may be a hint for everyone else to NOT DO PAYPAL with Simply Karen. :)

Thank you Tricia for being so fast with the reply. So helpful!

jnorth1007
08-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Well the weird thing is that I didnt pay from my paypal account. I dont keep funds in there. I used my credit card to pay but it went through paypal. I dont think they have any other way of paying except for it to go through paypal. I guess if you dont have an account you could do it but I tried to just pay by credit card and when I entered my email it said I had an account already. :confused:

wilsonfamily4
08-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Well I have gotten an email back and the order went through and if I cancel the order there will be a paypal FEE. So I asked if she can assure me that my credit will go through. We'll see how much they will work with me. This does seem to be a problem with their site so I hope they work with me on this.

jnorth1007
08-20-2007, 06:33 PM
OK Sheesh after reading that I went back and checked both emails and they credited me back 1.95 less than what they charged me. Sucks but hey at least Im not getting make-up that is the wrong color. I assume that is the paypal fee. Next issue. They credited it to my paypal account which I dont use for anything. Now I have 54.95 sitting there. I thought they would credit the account they charged. So now, can I get this credited through paypal back to my credit card or do I just need to have it transferred to my checking account and then use that to pay the cc bill? Man now Im aggravated. Seemed so easy for a second there.

wilsonfamily4
08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
hmm, I think you have to put it back to your bank account and then on to your CC, But I really am not sure as I have never been in that position. With all these problems I am now wondering if I want to even try this company anymore. I can understand a few site problems but when they are Simply Karen's fault then I think THEY should work with me. We'll see

jnorth1007
08-20-2007, 06:46 PM
I went ahead and had it withdrawn to my bank account. Im not going to try to get the 1.95 back because even though their screw up kept me from getting credit, I would've kept the make-up if I hadnt have ordered the "Im so pale you can see through me" color instead of the "Im so pale I will blind you" color. My mistake. Lesson learned. Dont be in such a hurry lol

JillyFish
08-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Sorry you guys are having so much trouble with this! :(

On a positive note.....I got an email today saying my order has shipped! Yay!!! :)

wilsonfamily4
08-21-2007, 11:33 AM
looks liek Simply Karen thinks my credit should come through. So I hope Tricia sees it soon, as they already took my credit and are mailing my order out. :)

JillyFish
08-23-2007, 02:05 PM
My make-up arrived today!! Yayyy!!! :)

So here's my review.....I was worried that I picked the wrong foundation color, but I think it is fine. The feel of the make-up is very nice and silky. I think it is actually a finer powder than the other brands I've tried (Bare Escentuals and Physicians Formula). The coverage is good. The brushes are good quality (as good as Bare Escentuals). The make-up bag is cute....very wide and roomy.

I only wish I had chosen a different blush color. I chose Ginger and it's very similar to B.E.'s warmth. I thought it would be lighter for some reason. But I will still use it.

So I'm definitely happy. This was a very good offer. I give Simply Karen :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!!

SunshineGirl
08-23-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm so glad to hear this!! I should be getting mine today or tomorrow. I can't wait to try it.

mjjmbnmm
08-23-2007, 04:39 PM
mine arrived today too, but it doesn't seem to cover as well as everyday minerals, but I'll keep working with it and see how it turns out.

athoods
08-23-2007, 05:58 PM
mine arrived today too, but it doesn't seem to cover as well as everyday minerals, but I'll keep working with it and see how it turns out.

I was thinking the very same thing.:p Also this seem to stings a little and I have never had that problem with everyday minerals. The shades I picked were for medium fair and they are too light. Might work better in the winter when I am fairer.

wilsonfamily4
08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
I got mine today and I am just not used to the foundation. I really like the eyeshadow though. I will have to do a trouble ticket in 2 days though for my credit!

lenzs4
08-31-2007, 12:20 AM
I ordered the lipstick set and it came today but it smells ransid(sp). I am going to call tomorrow. Did anyone else get this?

lenzs4
09-11-2007, 08:50 PM
I called them and talked to Karen. She let me know that the product I got was discontinued and she kindly replaced it with the current colors. I got it today and I love it!