PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with Greenfield

sammielynn
03-16-2009, 07:09 PM
I just took a survey and my DS19 just took a survey and I got the thanks for joining our panel message and DS19 got the white screen that said "qualified". What is going on with Greenfield. I got (well my son) another white screen survey this week-end. I'm a little over this. If I wasn't so close to a personal goal I would quit doing surveys.

wilsonfamily4
03-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I got a screen saying they are having some difficulties. So I guess just bare with it and try again later. :( Sorry, I know how it is when you want to reach a goal!

jnorth1007
03-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Are you guys reporting these issues to Greenfield when they happen? If everyone would report them to GF every single time they would find it necessary to fix the surveys or hire more people to answer complaints filed. Unfortunately they won't act on the complaints here only the ones sent directly to them.

MdCaterer
03-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Are you guys reporting these issues to Greenfield when they happen? If everyone would report them to GF every single time they would find it necessary to fix the surveys or hire more people to answer complaints filed. Unfortunately they won't act on the complaints here only the ones sent directly to them.

I used to keep records of the survey invite page and all the information about a survey, for every survey I attempted. I used to send emails to GF about the problems when they were encountered. I figured this would assist them with survey glitches and also help me to get surveys to finish and credit. However, that was not the case. I always got the same "canned reply" asking for the invitation and exactly what happened. I would provide that information and usually I would NEVER hear from GF again, even if I pressed the issue by emailing and asking. If by chance, they did reply it would be to say they were "looking into the problem" and they would get back to me which, once again, they NEVER did. I finally just figued I had to accept the lumps and take what surveys credited. I do not try as hard with surveys now but I am a great deal LESS frustrated.

sammielynn
03-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I guess the problem I have with telling Greenfield about the problem is when you get the white page you no longer have a link to the problems with this survey link.

jnorth1007
03-16-2009, 07:34 PM
I guess my point is that the venting should be focused where it is most useful. Venting about GF here doesn't help because we can't fix the issues they have. Venting to GF will be at the very least aggravating to them. Perhaps you can bug them in to fixing the issues. I understand the frustration and whenever I have a survey not do what it is supposed to I report it to GF and move on. I figure if everyone who gets a bum survey does this they will spend all their time responding to and answering emails or they will use the time to fix the surveys.

jnorth1007
03-16-2009, 07:37 PM
I guess the problem I have with telling Greenfield about the problem is when you get the white page you no longer have a link to the problems with this survey link.

In this case I would email them and tell them what the survey was about and what happened. If we don't let them know when they are issues they can't and won't fix them. Every time we have an issue with a survey we should be reporting it.

sammielynn
03-16-2009, 07:50 PM
I would if I knew their e-mail address.

jnorth1007
03-16-2009, 07:58 PM
You use the same link that you use to report when you know the url. In the spot for URL just no url because the survey went to a white page. Then in the bottom box explain what the survey was about and give the details of what happened during it. I have done it before and it accepts your report just fine. This way they will know just how many surveys everyday are going to white page. If they get a report for each one they can't claim it only happens sporadically and that it is a user computer issue. If only one person a day reports it would seem that way. If 50 people are reporting then they realize they, SR and their members are all losing money.

SunshineGirl
03-16-2009, 07:59 PM
I contacted Greenfield to see if there is something that we can be doing to help alleviate some of the problems. I'll let you know if we find anything out.

StitchandPooh'smom
03-16-2009, 08:03 PM

I have successfully hit the back button on my browser to get the URL of a survey after it has gone to a white page. It doesn't always work, but sometimes you can at least get "We're sorry. You have already completed this survey." and you can send that URL to GF. I just copy the URL and paste it into the reporting form. You can also copy and paste the screen that you get, or just describe the survey and the error you got.

sammielynn
03-16-2009, 09:34 PM
You use the same link that you use to report when you know the url. In the spot for URL just no url because the survey went to a white page. Then in the bottom box explain what the survey was about and give the details of what happened during it. I have done it before and it accepts your report just fine. This way they will know just how many surveys everyday are going to white page. If they get a report for each one they can't claim it only happens sporadically and that it is a user computer issue. If only one person a day reports it would seem that way. If 50 people are reporting then they realize they, SR and their members are all losing money.

So where is this link?

jnorth1007
03-16-2009, 09:54 PM
It is on the Daily Survey main page and it says this:

Click here to report a problem with a survey

It is towards the bottom of the page right above where it says January Bonus. I'm sorry I assumed you had been reporting the other technical issues and knew where it was. You don't have to still be in the GF survey to report it because it reports for the SR main site. It will ask you for the URL of the survey and if you have not closed the page and have it then it is always better to enter that info since the more info we give the better our chances of getting the issues fixed. If you don't have the URL because it closes on you or you get a white page or anything else then just note in that box that you don't have the URL and then explain what happened in the bigger box. Give them as much detail as possible about what survey you were doing and what happened. Then just click Submit. I hope this helps. I always find it makes me feel like I am at least doing something to try to fix the issues. I doubt they will respond back to you. I have never gotten a response saying they have recieved my email although someone else earlier posted they get responses. At least we know we are letting them know the issues. Hopefully it will help them either fix or pull the bad surveys. Thanks!

mollyeilis
03-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Janet, does that link also show them that we are taking them through SR?

Before that link was there (or before I knew about it, perhaps) I was reporting it directly to them via an email address I must have gotten from you guys or from a survey itself, and at first they thanked me, but then they ONLY wanted to know the invitation number (or something like that), and would simply not help if they didn't have that. Since we go through Sunshine we don't have that, and it was an impasse.

So I hope they can see that we're taking them through Sunshine, and that the lack of a survey invitation number or code won't stop them from helping.

sammielynn
03-17-2009, 07:05 AM
I found the link and sent them a message. I did not have an URL and it went through.

jnorth1007
03-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Janet, does that link also show them that we are taking them through SR?

Before that link was there (or before I knew about it, perhaps) I was reporting it directly to them via an email address I must have gotten from you guys or from a survey itself, and at first they thanked me, but then they ONLY wanted to know the invitation number (or something like that), and would simply not help if they didn't have that. Since we go through Sunshine we don't have that, and it was an impasse.

So I hope they can see that we're taking them through Sunshine, and that the lack of a survey invitation number or code won't stop them from helping.

I don't know if it shows them that you are taking them through SR but I would imagine that it does. If I am not mistaken our reports all go to the same place which is separate from the regular email submissions. So all of the SR reports would go to the same place which is why we don't need to submit the invitation numbers and also why we don't get responses back. They take the submissions and when there is a trend of surveys with issues they try to correct them or pull them. We are not supposed to get any that have panels in them. We all know that we do so GF has requested that we submit the info to them when we see them. I think that we are more likely to get a response when they see it is affecting a major affiliate like SR on a large scale than it would by submitting to that other email address where you are one member mixed in with all of the other emails.

Sammy thank you for sending that in. I think when we are all submitting the issues first and then coming here to discuss the issues we will see a drop in the number of bad surveys. My point the whole time is not that we can't vent or be angry about problems with surveys but that our first step needs to be reporting the issues every time to GF. This puts all of the issues in one place where GF can see just how many bad surveys they have and can correct the issues. I appreciate you guys helping with this and the civil discussion and great questions when I am sure you really just wanted to tell me where to go LOL.

sammielynn
03-17-2009, 09:09 AM
:rotfl:Tell me where to go!:rotfl::rotfl: Yep, that's what I wanted.

rumrunnergirl
03-18-2009, 10:17 AM
I have emailed GF before when I had an issue. I told them it was a survey hosted by a reward site, told them specifically what the survey was about, gave them the URL of the survey, a screen shot of the page I was on when I had the problem, and a screen shot of the error message I got.

Their reply:

1. we need the link of the survey
2. we need to know where in the survey you were when you had the problem
3. we need to know the error message you got

My reply:

See my original email below for answers to 1, 2, and 3.

Good grief, they didn't even read the email I sent them, and of course I've never heard back. I just posted in the tech issues thread that I took another of their surveys on the same product (different survey) today and also had problems with the survey (I wouldn't join the panel - LAST QUESTION OF THE SURVEY) and got booted. This time it was a 2 Cents Survey.

jnorth1007
03-18-2009, 10:24 AM
I have emailed GF before when I had an issue. I told them it was a survey hosted by a reward site, told them specifically what the survey was about, gave them the URL of the survey, a screen shot of the page I was on when I had the problem, and a screen shot of the error message I got.

Their reply:

1. we need the link of the survey
2. we need to know where in the survey you were when you had the problem
3. we need to know the error message you got

My reply:

See my original email below for answers to 1, 2, and 3.

Good grief, they didn't even read the email I sent them, and of course I've never heard back. I just posted in the tech issues thread that I took another of their surveys on the same product (different survey) today and also had problems with the survey (I wouldn't join the panel - LAST QUESTION OF THE SURVEY) and got booted. This time it was a 2 Cents Survey.

If you use the link provided by SR on the DS main page you will be able to report issues quickly and will not get an email back requesting more information. This link is just for SR survey takers. DONT send issue reports to the GF email address as you are lumped in with all of the other survey takers in the world. Only use the link provided on the DS main page. These are looked at by SR, GF and the affiliate manager to see issues.

mmm611
03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Here's another reason why it's a good idea to report those surveys via the SR link.

#1597477 Credit: Credit for reported daily survey problem 0.90 Credits 03/18/2009 Paid

I think this is only my second credit for an error report ever, but onece in a while, you will get a credit. I don't get too many of the bad surveys that often, so I think maybe I just have the wrong demos for those.

MdCaterer
03-24-2009, 10:32 AM

I reported the OTC medicine survey and here is the reply:Dear Joan,

Thank you very much for writing to us at ? Greenfield Online Panel Support?.

I would like to share that you were screened out because your profile did not fit the client?s exact needs for this project. I?m very sorry if the survey messaging did not make this clear. You could be disqualified either at the beginning, middle or at the very end of the survey, depending upon the specific requirements of our clients.

Normally, our clients require a certain number of responses from one or several groups defined by specific characteristics. For example, they might want to interview only people who regularly use Internet, or who enjoy shopping, or who hate shopping. The surveys therefore generally consist of two parts:

1) Screening questions to see if you fit this group and qualify to take the survey.

2) Questions for the qualified participants, frequently asking your opinion of products or advertisements. This is the part which the clients pay for.

Although your profile didn?t fit this particular study, we have surveys for many different types of profiles, so we will soon have one which is right for you. Please also make sure that you keep your profile complete and up to date to help us invite you to the most appropriate surveys.

Do email us if you require any further assistance, we would be more than happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Hannah Crawford

Greenfield Online

When communicating with the Greenfield Online help desk please include all past correspondence history and where applicable survey invitations or project numbers

jnorth1007
03-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Did you email that report to them or report it through the link on the SR daily survey page? I don't suggest that you email them reports to their regular email address. Send it through the link on the SR Daily Survey main page. They won't request information back from you or get back to you about your issue but it groups all of SR's problems together in one place so they can see if there is a pattern. By emailing in you are being grouped in with the other thousands or tens of thousands of people reporting issues. Please please please use the link instead. It was set up just for SR so we can see patterns in problems and deal with GF with them. If you are going to the email they are not being included with the rest of SR's issues.

sammielynn
03-24-2009, 08:04 PM
I sent them a message through the SR link and they gave me credit for the survey that went to the white page. Thought that was nice.

roselark
03-30-2009, 07:07 PM
well, for the 4th time in the last 2 weeks, I get all the way through a survey and get to the "The following questions are for classification purposes only" and I click the next button and get booted to the "we have no surveys for you" page. This is starting to get a bit frustrating....especially the one I spent 40 minutes on. :(

I reported the one today.