PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs

schaery
03-20-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm leaving for CSR tomorrow....:party: However, I don't eat much for bfast, and noticed the Pepper Market is a little more expensive than food courts at the other resorts. I'd like to take some breakfast foods from home but don't know if they have a microwave/toaster area like the other food courts do. Anyone know?

askomsky
03-20-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm leaving for CSR tomorrow....:party: However, I don't eat much for bfast, and noticed the Pepper Market is a little more expensive than food courts at the other resorts. I'd like to take some breakfast foods from home but don't know if they have a microwave/toaster area like the other food courts do. Anyone know?

I don't have the faintest clue! I just wanted to say I'm jealous and HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

schaery
03-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Thank you. The weather forecast looks absolutely perfect. I'm excited, too, except will be pushing my mom in a wheelchair for a few days so I think I'll be feeling old when I get back. Plus, it's a 9 hour drive, and she never met a rest stop she didn't like. I'm sorta like a horse going to a barn when I start heading for Disney.

askomsky
03-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Thank you. The weather forecast looks absolutely perfect. I'm excited, too, except will be pushing my mom in a wheelchair for a few days so I think I'll be feeling old when I get back. Plus, it's a 9 hour drive, and she never met a rest stop she didn't like. I'm sorta like a horse going to a barn when I start heading for Disney.

:rotfl: Well at least you have a good sense of humor about it all! She sounds like my kids and the rest stops :) I'm like you, one track mind just get where i'm going and fast. None the less, have a great time!

fourfoxesinpa
03-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Sorry I can't remember - I was there in 2002. I do remember liking the food court, though - so much to choose from. But, I did find this link which shows that a microwave is available - hope it's accurate.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/wdwguide/4_Accommodations/CSR.htm

We were in Cabana 9B and it was a fabulous location, fwiw.

Have a great trip!

mjjmbnmm
03-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Not sure, but I know PORS and Pofq does, so I would think all the mod hotels would.

Love2Shop
03-20-2009, 08:04 PM

I'm jealous too, our next trip's not until June. If you've got a 9 hr drive from South AL, you can't be too far from me. You wanna stop by and pick us up in Destin on the way?? :rotfl:

schaery
03-20-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm jealous too, our next trip's not until June. If you've got a 9 hr drive from South AL, you can't be too far from me. You wanna stop by and pick us up in Destin on the way?? :rotfl:

I'm coming from Mobile, and I'm sure if there's a rest area around Destin we'll be stopping there. But, ya know, there actually is a really neat rest area just before Tallahassee that goes way back off the road, and kinda like down a little mountainside. Was really surprised to see that. Didn't know there was any land like that in FL.

schaery
03-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Sorry I can't remember - I was there in 2002. I do remember liking the food court, though - so much to choose from. But, I did find this link which shows that a microwave is available - hope it's accurate.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/wdwguide/4_Accommodations/CSR.htm

We were in Cabana 9B and it was a fabulous location, fwiw.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the info. Actually, looking at the list on this site, it looks like there's a micro in the room, as it said "micro - yes, refrigerator - no, in-room safe - yes". That would be good.

I'm anxious to see CSR. DD is letting me take her new SuperZoom DigiCam so I'm looking forward to taking lots of neat pics.

chipndale
03-21-2009, 01:28 AM
We stayed at CSR last December but I can't remember if they had microwaves in the food court area. I believe that they do - over by the pastry area. If you go to the DIS board and ask BUZZ2001 - he should be able to answer your question. Also, CSR is in the process of refurb - I guess the beds are all queens now instead of full.

Here is the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2107175

Love2Shop
03-21-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm coming from Mobile, and I'm sure if there's a rest area around Destin we'll be stopping there. But, ya know, there actually is a really neat rest area just before Tallahassee that goes way back off the road, and kinda like down a little mountainside. Was really surprised to see that. Didn't know there was any land like that in FL.

I know the stop you're talking about, I've been there a couple times! Hope you have a great trip. :)

schaery
03-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the advice. I'm about to start loading up the car. Disney, here I come

julie007
03-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Heading there in May. Let me know about the micro when you get back and how you like it. We have never been there before.

schaery
03-27-2009, 06:15 PM

I"m back....Did you feel me waving as we passed by on I10? Mom couldn't hold it til the "really neat rest stop" so we missed that one. But, hey, we got every other one between Mobile and Orlando. :rolleyes:

To everyone interested, no, CSR doesn't have microwaves in the rooms but they do have the fridge. I loved the resort - really nice scenery. I took over 100 pics just of the resort. Wasn't favorably impressed with Pepper Market but we only ate breakfast there. I just don't like having to tip someone to bring me a drink. I actually ate bfast in the room but went with Mom while she ate. And no hot chocolate for the refillable cup...what's up with that?

Ate dinner at Whispering Canyon (KETCHUUUUUPPPP), dinner at Chefs de France (saw the new animatronic Remy), Luau at the Poly (yummy food and fine lookin bodies), and bfast at Boma's (good as always).

The Flower Festival was pretty neat but a bit crowded, especially pushing a wheelchair. (I "accidentally" ankled a few people who rudely cut in front of us. Ooops). The Pixie Hollow exhibit was so cute. Got to Soarin at 11 a.m. for Fastpass which had a return time of 5:15. When we got back to ride, there were no more available. Same for Test Track, which is the greatest ride in the World, IMHO.

Any questions feel free to ask.

jakeandsophiesmom
03-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Welcome Back!! Sounds like you had a great time!! (Esp at the Luau!;))

Oh and I'm jealous that you are in Destin!! My youngest BIL got married in Destin a few yrs ago. We had the time of our lives! Stayed at the AF Base at Ft Walton. Wedding was at a gazebo by a lake with the beach across the street, absoultely beautiful! We've been wanting to get back ever since!

schaery
03-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Umm, yes, had a great time at the Luau. Took lots of pics to show my DD what kind of SonIL I'm expecting of her someday.

jakeandsophiesmom
03-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Umm, yes, had a great time at the Luau. Took lots of pics to show my DD what kind of SonIL I'm expecting of her someday.

:rotfl: OOohhhh, we need to see what kind of SonIL you're expecting too!!

schaery
03-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I'll see if I can get the pics loaded today so you can see. But your DD is too young so mine gets 1st pick. Glad DH wasn't there to see me slobbering.

jakeandsophiesmom
03-28-2009, 12:35 PM
You didn't say anything about the wedding. How did that go? Beautiful I'm sure!

schaery
03-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah, it was nice and the weather perfect. It was the basic Disney wedding package. Limo picked us up at CSR then took us to the Boardwalk where they got married at "Seabreeze Point". Package included flowers, violinist (playing Disney music, of course), and photographer/album/pictures. Also included a yummy 2 tier cake which was 4 layers of chocolate with strawberry mousse between the layers covered with white fondante (I think that's what it was - very smoothe but rubbery) and silver mickeys and a mickey/minnie cake topper. They also received Mickey and Minnie watches. It was a "Tommy Bahama" wedding (whatever) so females in wedding party had on tropical print sundresses and guys had on tropical print casual shirts, and all had on thong sandals. (Maybe thong undies too but I didn't look).

3dog2kidmom
03-28-2009, 12:53 PM

I bet I have a lot of those same pictures.... and a really nice video too!! :love:

m 'n c
03-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh and I'm jealous that you are in Destin!! My youngest BIL got married in Destin a few yrs ago. We had the time of our lives! Stayed at the AF Base at Ft Walton. Wedding was at a gazebo by a lake with the beach across the street, absoultely beautiful! We've been wanting to get back ever since!

Not to hijack but you should look into a timeshare in Destin. My parent's place is pretty cheap online and they have an actual deed for it.

Now back to the discussion at hand.

Sounds like you had a great time and I've never been to the luau. I guess I should put that on the list of places to eat next trip. Please post photos of this ideal future SIL. :D

schaery
03-28-2009, 02:16 PM
I bet I have a lot of those same pictures.... and a really nice video too!! :love:

Maybe the guy with the long hair? Mmmmm... (Or wannabe girls as my dad calls them).

Got the pics loaded but have to doctor them up a bit in Picasa so I'll get them here sometime today.

askomsky
03-28-2009, 02:37 PM
(Maybe thong undies too but I didn't look).

:rotfl:

:rotfl: OOohhhh, we need to see what kind of SonIL you're expecting too!!

:rotfl:
My kids are asking my why I'm laughing..... Now I really need to see the pictures.

Sounds like a great trip and a pretty good time was had...... :angel:

schaery
03-28-2009, 09:51 PM
OMG, you silly women act like you've never seen half-naked Polynesian men before. But, get this....I just showed DD and she said "eeewwww". All my hopes have been dashed. Oh well, I'll just keep the pictures in my wallet. One more step to get the pics here.....gotta load them to a photo site, then figure out how to get them on this site. Suggestions will be helpful as I can never remember how to do this.

ligrumpygirl
03-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah, it was nice and the weather perfect. It was the basic Disney wedding package. Limo picked us up at CSR then took us to the Boardwalk where they got married at "Seabreeze Point". Package included flowers, violinist (playing Disney music, of course), and photographer/album/pictures. Also included a yummy 2 tier cake which was 4 layers of chocolate with strawberry mousse between the layers covered with white fondante (I think that's what it was - very smoothe but rubbery) and silver mickeys and a mickey/minnie cake topper. They also received Mickey and Minnie watches. It was a "Tommy Bahama" wedding (whatever) so females in wedding party had on tropical print sundresses and guys had on tropical print casual shirts, and all had on thong sandals. (Maybe thong undies too but I didn't look).

Ohhhh a Boardwalk wedding...I was SUPPOSED to get married there but it was thundering and a threat of rain. Hope it was beautiful!

schaery
03-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Sorry for the picture delay. Had to take my mom to hospital, (3rd time this year), and found out on the way there that my grandfather had passed away. On my way back to hospital again but will get pics up soon. Once I load them onto a sharing site, what code do I use to get them to SR site. I can never remember that.

I'll put up pics of the Boardwalk wedding too. It was simple but nice. Perfect weather but windy. Champagne glasses were blowing off the tables, and breaking, of course.

nurseminnie76
03-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Sorry for the picture delay. Had to take my mom to hospital, (3rd time this year), and found out on the way there that my grandfather had passed away. On my way back to hospital again but will get pics up soon. Once I load them onto a sharing site, what code do I use to get them to SR site. I can never remember that.

I'll put up pics of the Boardwalk wedding too. It was simple but nice. Perfect weather but windy. Champagne glasses were blowing off the tables, and breaking, of course.

:hugs::hugs: I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :hugs:

askomsky
03-30-2009, 06:25 AM

:hugs: I am so sorry for your loss. I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

As for the picture you need to copy the image url. If you copy it from photo bucket with the "http\\" in the front you can just paste it in here. OR you can select that little yellow icon at the top that looks like a mountain. When that box appears, remove the http in it and paste in your url.

schaery
03-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Here are a few really big pictures. Of course, the men show up better that way. The 1st 2 are at the wedding. Had 2 more wedding pictures but don't know why they won't show up. Maybe too many big pictures.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd240/schaery/IMG_0531_filtered.jpg
_filtered.jpg[/IMG]

_filtered.jpg[/IMG]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd240/schaery/IMG_0580_filtered.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd240/schaery/IMG_0616_filtered.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd240/schaery/IMG_0619_filtered.jpg
IMG]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd240/schaery/IMG_0547_filtered.jpg[/IMG]

askomsky
03-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Ooohhhhhh (where's the drooling icon?) the wedding pics look great!

I'm guessing size x how many pics is why only those were viewable. You could do the others in another post.

jakeandsophiesmom
03-31-2009, 08:18 AM

:hugs: So sorry to hear about your grandfather and hope your Mom is okay. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.:hugs:

jakeandsophiesmom
03-31-2009, 08:23 AM
Ooohhhhhh (where's the drooling icon?) the wedding pics look great!

I'm guessing size x how many pics is why only those were viewable. You could do the others in another post.

April do you need a tissue to wipe that drool?!?:rotfl: Lovin' the dimples!

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!!

schaery
03-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I keep looking at the pics on the computer myself. Can see much better on the 17" computer screen than the 4 x 6 prints. Forget the tissue - I got a towel.