PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use SR to book hotel? Advice please!

Love2Shop
03-24-2009, 10:52 AM
We are leaving Thu to drive to NC to visit family. It's over 13 hours so we will have to stop overnight. Normally we'd stop when I'm tired but I'm thinking I could make a reservation here on SR and get a little $ back. What site would you recommend to book through if you've done this before?

:thanks:

Any help is very appreciated since I have so much to do the next 2 days and I have no idea when I'm going to get it all done!

SunshineGirl
03-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm partial to Orbitz.

spring
03-24-2009, 10:56 AM
I have had very good luck with hotels.com. I've always gotten credit after my hotel stay and they guarantee to match other pricing. However, I do look at orbitz and travelocity to see if I can get a better deal, either in price or amount back via SR. I just haven't booked through SR with those sites, but prior to my Sunshine life, I booked many times through those two sites without encountering any difficulties.

m 'n c
03-24-2009, 12:02 PM
I love naming my own price with Priceline. I've come out with some great deals and great hotels. It just depends on what you are looking for and what prices. I've also done Marriott.com through SR without problems.

jl8595
03-24-2009, 12:29 PM
I've had good luck with Hotwire - credit came through perfectly and we stayed at a wonderful hotel for a rock bottom price.

fourfoxesinpa
03-24-2009, 12:53 PM
DH makes hotel reservations through Intercontinental (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, etc.) and has always received 2% credit. And, I've used Hotwire without a hitch.

kimntrent
03-24-2009, 01:43 PM
I am partial to hotels.com. I have had great success with them.

mdapiggy
03-24-2009, 02:09 PM
I liked hotwire--great price and credit came through in 3 days.

mjjmbnmm
03-24-2009, 02:11 PM
I've used expedia, orbitz and choice hotels, and had no problem with any of them, In Oct of last year orbitz credited before I even got home from vacation. I was happy it credited but also mad because I wanted it to credit in November.:)

Hedy
03-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm partial to Hotwire (comes through quickly as it's set in stone, and has awesome deals if you're not picky), but have also gotten credit with Best Western.com and Hilton.com (although I had to submit a TT for the Hilton stay)

~Kathie
03-24-2009, 03:31 PM
I've used both Hilton and Marriott without any issues.

jnorth1007
03-24-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't know if you have wireless but if you do and aren't certain where you want to stay you could wait until the last minute and make the ressie on the go. We did that on the way to Disney. We thought we would be able to call and get a room at one of the resorts at the last minute for a night earlier than our ressie but they were booked. I used hubby's laptop and wireless card and made the ressie through Choice Hotels at the Clarion Maingate and I got my credit within a few days of getting back.

catnapfan
03-24-2009, 07:56 PM
I have booked with best western and travelocity thru SR and had no problems. Travelocity actually credited e few weeks before our stay!

disneyforever
03-25-2009, 07:16 AM
I have had great results with hotwire. com and hotels. com

sunshinecindy
03-25-2009, 07:56 AM
I usually book through Expedia, and I've always got credit.

athoods
03-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Booked through Hotwire without any problems and was completely happy with the location and hotel as well.

Love2Shop
03-25-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't know if you have wireless but if you do and aren't certain where you want to stay you could wait until the last minute and make the ressie on the go. We did that on the way to Disney. We thought we would be able to call and get a room at one of the resorts at the last minute for a night earlier than our ressie but they were booked. I used hubby's laptop and wireless card and made the ressie through Choice Hotels at the Clarion Maingate and I got my credit within a few days of getting back.

That is such a good idea! I'm going to do that instead of trying to figure out where to stay ahead of time! Thanks!

And thanks to everybody else for your opinions, I think I'm going to use Hotels.com, looks like their percentage is a little higher.

MdCaterer
03-29-2009, 11:09 AM
We did this on our way to Disney (16 hours). If the hotel offers internet service you can make the ressie from the laptop in their driveway!! Works perfectly. Have fun!!

RDGCJK
03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Has anyone used priceline here before? I bought my hotel room 4 days ago and it's not showing up yet in my history. Just wondering what other peoples' experiences are with priceline on SR. Thanks!

spring
03-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Has anyone used priceline here before? I bought my hotel room 4 days ago and it's not showing up yet in my history. Just wondering what other peoples' experiences are with priceline on SR. Thanks!

Can't speak for Priceline, but I never get credit from hotels.com until AFTER my stay, not right after my booking. I'm wondering if that would be the same for them?

RDGCJK
03-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Can't speak for Priceline, but I never get credit from hotels.com until AFTER my stay, not right after my booking. I'm wondering if that would be the same for them?

Wow, thanks for the reply. With hotels.com, is your credit card charged at time of booking, or time of stay? For some reason I thought that if my credit card was charged at time of booking, I'd be paid right away. Thanks again.

spring
03-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow, thanks for the reply. With hotels.com, is your credit card charged at time of booking, or time of stay? For some reason I thought that if my credit card was charged at time of booking, I'd be paid right away. Thanks again.

I"m pretty sure my CC is charged right away with hotels.com.

RDGCJK
03-29-2009, 05:21 PM
I"m pretty sure my CC is charged right away with hotels.com.

Wow, thanks for the info. I had no idea it worked this way. I'll be waiting until almost June! LOL

spring
03-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Wow, thanks for the info. I had no idea it worked this way. I'll be waiting until almost June! LOL

I've booked as much as 6 months in advance. However, the credit always arrives within a few days to 4 weeks after the stay. I had to file a TT for the latter instance, but eventually got credit. After my last trip in January, I had my credit twelve days after my stay.

mkaccountant
04-15-2009, 12:57 PM
I like travelocity. I used them before I came to sunshine rewards for many trips and have used it 2x since becoming a sunshine rewards member and it has worked great.

mollyeilis
04-15-2009, 01:14 PM
With Hotels, they charge right then, but you can cancel. With hotwire, priceline, etc, there's NO cancelling, so they can "afford" to credit you right then (our two hotwire bookings, hotel and rental car, credited very quickly, then again, we used them only days before our trip anyway). With hotels they can't. (had to cancel the hotels dot com stay to make way for our hotwire stay...when motel6 and the hilton are the same price, you go with the hilton, LOL)