PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining '09!

Hedy
03-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Word on the proverbial street is that Free dining booking on the 30th, with dates from August 15 - September 30, 2009.
Doesn't effect me, except now I'm wondering if anything will come out for the SR meet time.

Pooh's Pal
03-24-2009, 11:31 PM
I've been holding off for Oct. 25-30th hoping for the same thing Heather!!
They'll do something for our time frame..I just know it!!

All we need is Faith, Trust and lots of Pixie Dust!!

(and I'll keep ya posted as soon as I hear anything! ;) )

Tiggerific711
03-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh Disney gurus, I'm a free dining newbie and have a quick question. Do you have to book a package (room, tickets and dining) to be eligible for free dining? Or can you just get the free dining with just a room reservation?

Thanks in advance!

Hedy
03-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Oh Disney gurus, I'm a free dining newbie and have a quick question. Do you have to book a package (room, tickets and dining) to be eligible for free dining? Or can you just get the free dining with just a room reservation?

Thanks in advance!

You need a package, BUT you could only book a 1 day ticket, and the ticket will be good for other trips if you already have an AP or something.

Tiggerific711
03-25-2009, 12:19 PM
You need a package, BUT you could only book a 1 day ticket, and the ticket will be good for other trips if you already have an AP or something.

Thanks for the fast response Hedy! Now I have one more question: Do you have to buy a 1 day ticket everyone in the room? 1 of us will have an annual pass and we'll have to buy tickets for the other 3.

Breeze88
03-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the fast response Hedy! Now I have one more question: Do you have to buy a 1 day ticket everyone in the room? 1 of us will have an annual pass and we'll have to buy tickets for the other 3.

Yes you do, but you can apply it towards the cost of the park hoppers that you are going to buy. So one 1 day ticket can be used towards 1 park hopper.

If one person has an AP then you're just going to be stuck paying for that ticket.

That one day extra ticket can be used for another trip as it doesn't expire as long as you don't use it!!

Tiggerific711
03-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks everyone!

MindyMouse
03-25-2009, 01:11 PM
YEAH! I was banking on this happening when I booked out vacation for September!

askomsky
03-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Your able to book this now if you choose without waiting until the 30th. Word on the street that is..... :D

MindyMouse
03-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Yes - I called this morning and believe everything worked. They were having a lot of system issues.... But he then said he went back in and saw the free dining listed on my reservation....

You can book starting this morning as long as you have a Disney Visa Card. You must put a 200 deposit down today on the card, but can pay the rest of the balance on any card!

Mindy

jenvance
03-26-2009, 10:05 AM
I have nothing to add except that I want to go for free dining but dh says no, because we are going in January :(

wilsonfamily4
03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
I so badly want to go!

Does the free dining include the basic or the quick service plan?

We just went in January so hubby says no way but I keep dreaming.

Breeze88
03-26-2009, 11:32 AM
If you are sure you are going whether you get free dining or not, then make you reservation now. Once the free dining is annouced then call back and ask to have it added on to your existing ressie :D