PDA

View Full Version : Time issue?

ligrumpygirl
03-24-2009, 08:45 PM
The last few days, I have noticed that when i hit new posts I am missing a few. (saw them listed on the main page but not on my new post list) - thought it was "off".

Then I realized today that there are posts with times later than my clock. Meaning it is now 8:36 on my computer clock but there are posts with later times. I am going to post this now to check out what time it says...ok it says 8:45. So a 9 minute difference.

I know it's not a lot of time but just wanted to mention it...

fourfoxesinpa
03-24-2009, 08:50 PM
I think the clock does run a little fast - I noticed that my offers used to credit about 3 after the hour, now it's about 6 minutes after.

askomsky
03-24-2009, 09:45 PM
I have to agree, I noticed it a while ago. Right now my pc and tv both say 9:36 pm EST.

Update 2 sec's later
I just posted and the time on my post is 9:45 pm EST, literally 2 seconds after I hit enter from above.

I mentioned it before right around the time change but figured it wasnt' a big deal.

clickingdiva
03-25-2009, 07:32 AM
I noticed this, a while ago, too, but never got around to figuring out where to email or post about it. (I even checked an official US time site, thinking maybe my computer's clock was slow, but it wasn't.) It's been running fast, maybe since I 1st started posting here, in early Feb.

How I get around the problem you mentioned is, if something I was trying to view isn't in the 'New Posts' list, I click "Today's Posts" in the drop-down menu under "Quick Links". (I think it drops threads from the "New Posts", after you've viewed them.)

jnorth1007
03-25-2009, 08:38 AM
I also noticed the time thing but I never realized that there could be anything that would really affect anything. Never considered that perhaps I might be missing new posts because of it LOL