PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! I have Disneychangitis!

Magical JenK
03-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Watch out! It's said to be very contangious when planning a Disney trip! I also seem to have add-onitis, but I think that's ok. I decided on the bus ride into work yesterday that instead of our split stay in September of 5 days at Poly (his dream resort) & 5 days at WL (my dream resort), that we will be spending all 10 days at Poly. :banana: I just think it would be nice to stay there the entire 10 days since we never have stayed there before.

I did have to change from Poly CL to regular old Garden View...but I think we'll manage! :rolleyes: Plus, now we have the dining plan the entire trip...I was told that with the food in the CL, having the dining plan too may be too much...but I was probably going to add it anyway.

And to justify my change even more I did my Disney math....while our total ressie did increase by only $231.10, I actually saved us $168.80 because I would have added 5 days of the dining plan onto our Poly CL ressie before we arrived which totalled $399.90. Don't you just love Disney math??

Anyway, I figured you'd all understand my Disneychangitis & of course the problematic add-onitis!

DH is going to be soooooo surprised when we pull into Poly instead of POFQ!!

disney_girl
03-31-2009, 11:50 AM
How exciting!! I'm sure he will be thrilled when he finds out!!
It must be going around...after I booked our May trip as a split stay, I ended up calling back and changing it again. :rotfl:

Sounds like an awesome trip!!

pbhall13
03-31-2009, 12:56 PM
You are going to love it.........oh my gosh......10 days of being able to wake up at the Poly!!!!! Now that is going to be a fantastic trip!!!!!!! I am living vicariously thru you right now Jen!!!!

I keep saying that the next time I go to WDW I am spending the week at the Poly, but I haven't done that yet......heck I am happy with the 2 nights here and there that we stay there..........

What do you have planned for dining? This is for September right!! Hey isn't it during free dining?!

Magical JenK
03-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Well since they changed the stupid 180 days to 90 days, I have until June to think about what we want to do for dining. I have a running list going which includes some places we've never eaten before. Thinking of doing either the Luau or Hoop De Doo Revue...SIL & fam are joining us again for one week so they'd be joining us for that too.

For our anniversary night, I'm going to book a Wishes cruise & have everyone do that. I'm thinking 'Ohana for dinner which I think will surprise Steve because it's a little more low-key than what we'd normally do for our anniversary...but of course, I'm not going to tell him about the cruise! Gotta love surprises!!

Yes, it is during free dining, but it's a better deal for us to use the 40% pin code I had received...which expired today so I'm glad I had Disneychangitis hit when it did. Actually, we already had free dining booked through BB from when we went in Oct & for 2 in a moderate the 40% & free dining are almost the exact same discount. 2 in a deluxe...the 40% is much bigger discount!

spring
03-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Jen, I LOVE how you think!:D I think you made a great choice. You're DH is going to be thrilled, and I think it will be so much easier for you to stay put in one place instead of moving 1/2 way through.

Your Disney math gave me a big belly laugh!:rotfl:

schaery
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Good idea to do Ohana before your Wishes cruise. That's what DH and I did. Very nice to go from the restaurant right down to the dock. Plus if you have extra time, you can sit on the beach and have a Glowtini.

schaery
03-31-2009, 04:41 PM
p.s. With the free DDP, can I use AAA discount also or will they just let me use one discount? I'm sure I already know the answer but just checking for sure.

Magical JenK
03-31-2009, 04:55 PM
p.s. With the free DDP, can I use AAA discount also or will they just let me use one discount? I'm sure I already know the answer but just checking for sure.

No, they don't stack discounts. It's always one or the other. Depending on how many are in your party & what location you're staying at will determine if the AAA discount is better than free dining....in my experience Free Dining has always been a better discount.

schaery
03-31-2009, 05:09 PM
AAA is only 15% so no doubt that free DDP is better.

Hedy
03-31-2009, 06:34 PM
How cool! :banana::banana::banana:

ligrumpygirl
03-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Disney math! LOVE IT! I think I know enough to start a College of Disney and you can teach the Disney math course!

3dog2kidmom
03-31-2009, 11:04 PM
Disney math! LOVE IT! I think I know enough to start a College of Disney and you can teach the Disney math course!

Oh oh... I want in on this!!! I'm sure I could teach something!! :mickey::heart::minnie:

m4travels
03-31-2009, 11:30 PM
I for one, who was always a math wiz in high school many *cough* years ago, LOVE this new math!!!

linanglab
04-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Oh oh... I want in on this!!! I'm sure I could teach something!! :mickey::heart::minnie:

I want to be a part too!!!!! Let's see.....I don't have a lot of knowledge....but SURELY there is SOMETHING I can do!!!! I DO know how to NOT get tan lines AND look super cute for Disney pictures!!!! LOL

Steve is going to LOVE the poly! What a great surprise! I cannot imagine that kind of a surprse!!!!! What a good wife you are. Because I KNOW you did this ALL for Steve!

Magical JenK
04-01-2009, 10:05 AM
What a good wife you are. Because I KNOW you did this ALL for Steve!

Why Angela--whatever do you mean? :angel:

Yes, I did change it to all Poly simply to save us both the stress of moving after 5 days, but I did choose the Poly for him. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to stay there too!! Should be a good time!

Oh & our airline also has Disneychangitis....they changed our flight home from leaving at 1:15pm to 5:15pm....darn!! :rolleyes: We basically just added a half day to our trip!! :banana:

schaery
04-03-2009, 11:36 AM
You are NOT being a good role model. I'm trying to be a financially responsible human being by staying at Pop for our Sept. trip. Why, oh why, are you trying to give me your Disneychangitis? I think it's contagious so I'm trying to stay away from you.

Magical JenK
04-03-2009, 11:55 AM
You are NOT being a good role model. I'm trying to be a financially responsible human being by staying at Pop for our Sept. trip. Why, oh why, are you trying to give me your Disneychangitis? I think it's contagious so I'm trying to stay away from you.

Oh I just found this, I think it will help you:

"To increase your immunity against Disneychangitis, balance your checkbook."

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

schaery
04-03-2009, 03:05 PM
I still have plenty of checks. Does that mean I still have plenty of money for Disneychangitis? (BTW, I have Disney checks, too).

Weluvdisny
04-03-2009, 11:53 PM
I book our trips so far in advance that my family is sick of my Disneychangitis. I'm constantly rethinking if I made the right decision with our hotel, or where we are going to eat.

There are just too many choices and I think Disney likes that because it means you have to keep coming back to try them all!!:p