PDA

View Full Version : ? on the new Book Closeouts.com offer

askomsky
03-31-2009, 02:36 PM
I found a few books that I definitely want so I am interested in doing the offer, just wondering if it's one of those $3 that will post right away or pend until the 15th of the following month, SHOULD I get credit.

If it pends I'll do it today, if it posts right away I'd rather wait until tomorrow to do it. (Again assuming I get credit but doing it anyway bc it's a great deal!)

SunshineGirl
03-31-2009, 02:38 PM
She does NOT have a credit hold on this offer.

askomsky
03-31-2009, 02:39 PM
She does NOT have a credit hold on this offer.

Great thanks Tricia!!!!!

kimntrent
03-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Is there a min you have to buy?

missangie
03-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Is there a min you have to buy?

Not that I have been made aware of. I've reviewed the offer and its description, and nothing indicates a minimum order. There are some coupons coming to each member in email today that you might want to take advantage of. Each of those has a minimum order requirement.

kimntrent
03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
They have the new kingdom keepers on there for 7.99. That is well worth it. My hubby loved it.

StitchandPooh'smom
03-31-2009, 03:55 PM
They have the new kingdom keepers on there for 7.99. That is well worth it. My hubby loved it.

I just ordered this! I searched Disney and it came up. I also found a few other books to get. Unfortunately, I did the offer before I got the e-mail with the codes, or I would have ordered more with the discount. Either way, I was about to pay $12 or more for the same book at another site, so I'm glad SR put this offer up so I would check there!

askomsky
03-31-2009, 04:39 PM
I just ordered this! I searched Disney and it came up. I also found a few other books to get. Unfortunately, I did the offer before I got the e-mail with the codes, or I would have ordered more with the discount. Either way, I was about to pay $12 or more for the same book at another site, so I'm glad SR put this offer up so I would check there!

I'm glad I waited, especially since I would rather have the $3 for next Q! I've already been window shopping and will be placing my order tomorrow morning!

jnorth1007
03-31-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh how I love books. I need $25 to make SM. Can you believe it?? I can't. I suck really. So now should I go ahead and do it and try to make SM or save it for next quarter. BTW I already have about $10+ for next quarter and I am a survey taking fool once again LOL

SunshineGirl
03-31-2009, 06:44 PM
I don't want to push anyone, but we have a cap right now of 25 signups for this. After that, they will evaluate our traffic and see how it looks (for example, are people all ordering $5 in books to get $3 back or are people placing orders for $15-20 each). If it is good, we will have unlimited leads. If it is bad, they will take the offer from us.

kimntrent
03-31-2009, 06:53 PM
I just ordered mine. Too funny. I was almost at $20.00 so hopefully I am not the only one doing that. But there are a lot of books on there that I would love to get. If anyone has a teen the peter and the star catchers series is great. It is for the 11ish age actually.

bbangel
03-31-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah, they ship to Canada! :banana:

Now I have to go through my lists at home to see what I might want to get through them...

m 'n c
03-31-2009, 07:02 PM
I just went through my list and picked up 8 books for $40 and one is a new release!!! Thanks for the email and offer Tricia (and bookcloseouts.com)

jnorth1007
03-31-2009, 07:14 PM
I just went and ordered 6 books for $28 or so dollars. I got all three of The Godfather books. I have been watching that on TV the past two weeks and thinking it would be great to read the books. Now I can. I also got a few true crime books including Sweeny Todd. I bet I could have found a bunch more but I couldn't think of what I really have been wanting and I didn't want to browse too long.

jnorth1007
03-31-2009, 07:16 PM
Mine credited already!!!

disney_girl
03-31-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks for this offer!! I had a list of books for my son and was able to find those and more here! The coupons were great too! And...and it pushed me over so I can cash out for our May trip!:banana:

Mine credited already too!! And my balance is looking pretty darn sad at $0.32. Must change that now (ok, well maybe tomorrow)! But ahhhh...looking forward to that Disney mail!

StitchandPooh'smom
03-31-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm glad I waited, especially since I would rather have the $3 for next Q! I've already been window shopping and will be placing my order tomorrow morning!

I considered that since I have made SM, but it is such a good offer and I didn't want to chance it being gone. Hope I am not $3 short on June 30! :sunshine:

I don't want to push anyone, but we have a cap right now of 25 signups for this. After that, they will evaluate our traffic and see how it looks (for example, are people all ordering $5 in books to get $3 back or are people placing orders for $15-20 each). If it is good, we will have unlimited leads. If it is bad, they will take the offer from us.

Glad I didn't wait, although I did order $20 worth of books and hope that helps SR keep the offer. I'm sure I could have found more if I had taken the time. I'm glad to have bookcloseouts back in my memory - I usually don't think to look there, but they do have some good deals. Thanks for the offer! :sunshine2:

mmm611
03-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Is there a shipping charge on this? I'm interested in doing it as well, but will probably wait till tomorrow. I've got three books so far and I so wish I had started the Janet Evanovich book I got the other week instead of the Shopaholic one so I would be able to tell if I like her or not. Maybe if I look aroudn some more, I can pick up something for my mom's birthday too.

askomsky
03-31-2009, 09:06 PM
I considered that since I have made SM, but it is such a good offer and I didn't want to chance it being gone. Hope I am not $3 short on June 30! :sunshine:

Glad I didn't wait, although I did order $20 worth of books and hope that helps SR keep the offer. I'm sure I could have found more if I had taken the time. I'm glad to have bookcloseouts back in my memory - I usually don't think to look there, but they do have some good deals. Thanks for the offer! :sunshine2:

I'm a betting girl, I'll take my chances... :)

m 'n c
03-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Yes I paid $6 in shipping for my order. I saw other charges but can't remember if it is based on dollar amount or type of shipping.

fanofree
03-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Is there a shipping charge on this? I'm interested in doing it as well, but will probably wait till tomorrow. I've got three books so far and I so wish I had started the Janet Evanovich book I got the other week instead of the Shopaholic one so I would be able to tell if I like her or not. Maybe if I look aroudn some more, I can pick up something for my mom's birthday too.

I loved the Janet Evanovich books. The first one I read on a flight from Baltimore to Charlotte. I was laughing out loud (much to the dismay of the very proper businessman in the aisle seat. :rotfl: )

SunshineGirl
03-31-2009, 09:45 PM
I just went and ordered 6 books for $28 or so dollars. I got all three of The Godfather books. I have been watching that on TV the past two weeks and thinking it would be great to read the books. Now I can. I also got a few true crime books including Sweeny Todd. I bet I could have found a bunch more but I couldn't think of what I really have been wanting and I didn't want to browse too long.

The Godfather is one of my favorite books EVER!!

mmm611
03-31-2009, 09:48 PM
thanks Cate. I'll look around some more and see if I can find anything else first.

m 'n c
03-31-2009, 10:07 PM
thanks Cate. I'll look around some more and see if I can find anything else first.

Not sure what you are looking for but this is what I ordered:

The Cinderella Pact
I Do (But I Don't)
Blonde Like Me
Little Women
The Women in White
Thanks for the Memories
The Gatecrasher
Sleeping Arrangements

If you like the shopaholic series I really enjoyed the Queen of Babble series by Meg Cabot. I saw those on there. The last 2 are under Sophie Kinsella's real name - Madeline Wickham.

Kittykat
03-31-2009, 10:13 PM
I picked up two Zits books for my boys (they love the comic strip, I think I'm actually living it) as well as a Halo novel for my oldest DS. For myself I picked up a copy of Clive Barker's Weaveworld, I absolutely fell in LOVE with this book when I was in high school. I loaned my copy to a friend and never got it back. Now I'll have my own copy again and rest assured, it won't be loaned!

Shipping for four books (at a cost of just under $18) was $3.65 plus a $1 handling. Not too bad. :)

pbhall13
03-31-2009, 10:49 PM
The Godfather is one of my favorite books EVER!!

I agree Tricia.......I remember reading it when I use to take the train into Boston for school.................i think it only took me 3 train rides (and that killed me....I didn't want to put the book down for class!!) Loved it so much!!

Two other recommendation: Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell and Grendel by John Gardner (also a couple of my train reads......so good!!)

bbangel
04-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Wooohooo - they had one of the books on my long time searching list and another that I wanted but definately didn't want to pay full price for. Doing the happy dance!

mmm611
04-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Is this one still creditting? I'm trying to decide whether to take a chance and do it now or hope that it's still here later, after the advertiser reviews traffic.

Thanks!

(Yes, I know I might not get credit anyways, but I'd like to cover my bases first so I can maximize my chances.)

missangie
04-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Is this one still creditting? I'm trying to decide whether to take a chance and do it now or hope that it's still here later, after the advertiser reviews traffic.

Thanks!

(Yes, I know I might not get credit anyways, but I'd like to cover my bases first so I can maximize my chances.)

Yes, it is and crediting well.

Breeze88
04-01-2009, 09:01 AM
I just bought the two kingdom keepers books at a great price :clap:

SunshineGirl
04-01-2009, 09:23 AM
We got the green light to keep going!!!

Breeze88
04-01-2009, 09:32 AM
WOW that credit showed up FAST :banana:

tink2008
04-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Thats wonderful~!

~Kathie
04-01-2009, 09:37 AM
We got the green light to keep going!!!

Great!!! Thanks! I just placed my order and saved $10 with the coupon code which ended up being the cost of the shipping. Plus $3.00 back from SR. :banana: I got a few older books that I have been looking for plus some Disney story books (the big ones) for $7.99. I've seen them in book stores for $15.

I tried and tired to place an order last night and kept getting blown off the site. It was probably my server because all was fine this morning. I was hoping my order would get in to take advantage of the offer.

disney_girl
04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
I think my book total was close to $40 and shipping was $5- so the coupon took care of that and I got $3 back from SR!!

Kathie- we have most of the Disney Storybooks and LOVE them- great price!

apennel
04-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Just placed my order and had the credit show up on my account almost immediately! Now I'm getting a little closer to filling some Easter baskets!

Debbie Jean
04-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Just placed my order and had the credit show up on my account almost immediately!

Me, too! :banana:

Ordered 2 Weight Watcher cook books, 2 Slow Cooker cook books, a diabetic cook book and a novel, something to read while I do all that cooking! It came to a shade over $40 with the code and shipping... love that $3 SR credit! :clap:

askomsky
04-01-2009, 12:48 PM
:banana: I placed my order this morning, I bought DS a bunch of books, used the $5 coupon basically covering shipping and $3 back. He's getting 6-7 new books for $35!

Miska
04-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Has this offer been pulled? I am getting an error message.:confused::confused:

m 'n c
04-02-2009, 02:34 PM
I do not know the answer to the question but I did try both the offer link and the shopping link and received the error page as well.

Mandi
04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm wondering about this too. I was set to make an order but will wait until I know for sure. Thanks! :)

missangie
04-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm wondering about this too. I was set to make an order but will wait until I know for sure. Thanks! :)

Must have just been a temporary glitch. All seems to be working fine now!

MKCP84
04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
It is working now. Just placed my order and received credit. I ordered by DD the Kingdom Keeper books. Hopefully I will receive the first one as it showed available quantity as 1. She saw these when we were at WDW last week and I told her to wait to see if I could find them cheaper which they were much cheaper at Bookcloseout.com. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Sahmy
04-03-2009, 10:24 AM
So. Many. Books. My kids love hardcovers and I got some great ones. Some were requested and others I bought thinking they might like them. I haven't been wrong yet so hopefully they'll like them. A few are going in the vacation box before they see them - otherwise they'll be read and done in a couple of days!

Also, they had those Disney magnetic book playsets in the lttle carrying cases - those are great for the little ones.

And, my credit came fast!

Alice28
04-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Thank you so much about the head's up for the Kingdom Keepers books. My son rec'd the first one as a gift from my parents last year. I saw the sequel at the parks a few weeks ago, but didn't get it, but bought it just now! And a 2008 birnbaum's guide to DL. Not that I needed it, but we're going in 2 months and I love to flip thru the guides while daydreaming. :love:

kimntrent
04-03-2009, 12:37 PM
We just gave one to my dad and he is already done. It is a great book. It really gets you involved.

askomsky
04-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I bought the Kingdom Keepers for DS after Kim's post. I figured it would be something he and I would read.