PDA

View Full Version : Pfaltzgraff???

Soccer Princess
08-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Any way we can get it added? They have my dinnerware collection on clearance :( so I'm about to drop $100 there to get anything else I might want and some extra place settings in case mine break. It would be great to get $$ back!!! :)

SunshineGirl
08-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Just added!

Sunni
08-21-2007, 09:45 AM
I so excited to see that you have added this one. I can't wait til I order again!

~Kathie
08-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Yay!!! Me too.......going to shop!!

What patterns do you have? I have Yorktowne & Winterberry

My sister has Tea Rose.

My everyday dishes is various pastel FiestaWare. I bought the Tea Rose glasses to go with it.

Now to see what else I need.

SunshineGirl
08-21-2007, 11:52 AM
I need to find a new pattern. Something classic but without much color.

m 'n c
08-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for adding this. My mom's has been discontinued everywhere but its still on their website. I need to see if there is anything else she wants. She has the Juniper pattern. It went with the "it" colors back in 1994. :)

Sunni
08-21-2007, 12:25 PM
One of my down falls. I love dishes and pottery. :) I have Folk Art, Hopscotch, and Winterberry. I was so sad when they discontinued the first two. I do order for Folk Art. I just recently got a big order in. But it will be Winterberry season soon. I use Hopscotch in the warmer weather (This is my smaller set just for us.) and Folk Art for bigger dinners and spring, summer and fall. I love the winterberry for the winter season. I think the Fiestaware is fun. You must be able to put many different dishes with it. I love the Folk Art because I collect crocks, bean pots and other pottery (Salmon Falls).

~Kathie
08-21-2007, 12:45 PM
One of my down falls. I love dishes and pottery. :) I have Folk Art, Hopscotch, and Winterberry. I was so sad when they discontinued the first two. I do order for Folk Art. I just recently got a big order in. But it will be Winterberry season soon. I use Hopscotch in the warmer weather (This is my smaller set just for us.) and Folk Art for bigger dinners and spring, summer and fall. I love the winterberry for the winter season. I think the Fiestaware is fun. You must be able to put many different dishes with it. I love the Folk Art because I collect crocks, bean pots and other pottery (Salmon Falls).

I am almost as bad with dishes as I am with shoes. :rotfl:

I use the Yorktowne for my "good" dishes.....Good china never did anything for me. I have a lot of the Made in USA Yorktowne and the quality is so much better than the current dishes. :(

For our everyday dishes we used Corelle when we first got married and when the kids were small. Now my everyday dishes are the pastel Fiestaware. Most of my colors have been discontinued as the style now is bold, I'm sure new pastels will come out sooner or later. My colors are rose, periwinkle, sea mist, apricot, with a few pale yellow, bright yellow and tourquoise mixed in. I have found a few older Fiestaware pieces on ebay. The tea rose glasses go perfectly!! Exactly the right color.

When I set the table, every place setting has to have a mixture of colors. It's faux pas around here to have the same color dinner plate as soup bowl or vice versa. :rotfl: Even if the kids are setting the table they will go along and mix up the dishes.

Winterberry is a new set for me. I started off with the melamine dishes (all sizes) for parties and then collected the serving pieces, coffee cups and dessert dishes. Gradually I will get the stonewear dish sets....probably a service for 12. We do a lot of entertaining at the holidays and I use the Winterberry for that.

Tricia........take a look at the differnt patterns there. They have so many to choose from, I bet you can find something.

Sign up to be a member of Pfaltzgraff Rewards. All you have to do is register on the site and register your CC or your Platzgraff CC. When you do......anytime you shop on the website or in the stores and use that CC, you get points. Earn 250 points and you get a $10 gc.

Platzgraff Rewards (http://www.pfaltzgraff.com/CustService/rewards.asp?CODIV=0107&UID=2007082111383017&menu=Pfaltzgraff%20Rewards)

I placed my order!!

Thanks!

SunshineGirl
08-21-2007, 01:29 PM
We registered for Blue Isle when we got married 8+ years ago. We got all of the serving pieces, lots of extra bowls, etc. Then they discontinued it!! So we stocked up from the outlet on extra dishtowels, hot pads--all that. I even painted my kitchen sea foam and have navy countertops!

In the new house, I'm trying to go more neutral. The countertops are a brownish granite and the paint is kind of taupe with spiced maple wood. So I would like to find a dish that is kind of neutral but with a little color. And LOTS of accessories! I love having the matching cups, trivets, tea towels, etc.

We have not lost s single Pfaltzgraff plate to breakage despite just about eveyone in the house dropping them on a hard floor. The dog even pulled one off of the counter to get the steak off of it!

I hope that my next set is as durable. If it is, I imagine that I will have it for a LONG time.

MKelley226
08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
I LOVE Pfaltzgraff!!! I have the Naturewood pattern...it is pretty neutral with greens. They also have a Christmas Naturewood pattern that I have some plates for and use those during December.

My mom collects Tea Rose and she has A LOT of stuff for it. She said that my daughter will inherit it someday. :)

sunshinecindy
08-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Wow they have some nice stuff.I love dishes too. My best china set is all from England, Old Country Roses, Royal Dalton. I have a ton of pieces with that too. Someday, that will all be Tricias. I've never used it yet. I have another set of China, still in the boxes. I took it out one year for christmas, has gold edging on it. Don't even remember what it is. Will have to look at the Pfaltzgraff though, I'm ready for a new set of everyday. Its just i break them so easily, my house is all tile floors.

Sunni
08-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Kathie, now shoes are another story. LOL I love shoes and pocketbooks! I only have the stonewear of Winterberry. I have it for 12 settings. I have been collecting it since it came out. I even have the snowglobes. I am missing just one year sadly. I hope someday I will be able to find it. It is great for winter. How are the melamine pieces. I have never ordered any of those.

Sunshinegirl, please let us know which pattern when you decide.

As for the rewards part, They are great about sending them out. I have received a few of them. Another one is one the way from my last order. !!! They even email me to let me know when I qualify for a gift card. Also, sign up for your patterns because they will let you know if anything is up or new on that pattern. They send out emails.

~Kathie
08-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Kathie, now shoes are another story. LOL I love shoes and pocketbooks!

I've always ben bad with shoes.....worse now that I discovered places online that actually have my size. Pocketbooks.......been caught up in the Vera Bradley craze lately!!!

I only have the stonewear of Winterberry. I have it for 12 settings. I have been collecting it since it came out. I even have the snowglobes. I am missing just one year sadly. I hope someday I will be able to find it. It is great for winter. How are the melamine pieces. I have never ordered any of those.

What year is it?? I have seen some on ebay. They always go for a lot. Good luck, hope you find it. I had a few pieces I bought and never used. One was the Winterberry clear hurricane lamp. Last year I sold it on ebay. I also had the large Winterberry and Yorktowne votive warmers. I like the smaller one better. It killed me to melt that large Yankee Candle at $22 a shot.

We usually have a buffet Christmas night when all my siblings and their families come to our house. Our family is growing with kids having kids so it can be upwards of 50 people.

I bought the melamine plates and bowls because
1. They were much less expensive
2. I have have a few nieces that are still in their clumsy stage.
3. Look nicer than paper/foam

I love my nieces......but they have broken more of my dishes......this is just easier. My daughter was never that clumsy. Hopefully they will grow out of it.

I would love to put out the stonewear, but it just wasn't practical. I have had the melamine for 3 years and it holds up very well. I put it in the dishwasher.....and it still looks new. The clear acrylic pieces scratch. Thank goodness I only have a few serving pieces of that. I won't buy anymore. I almost bought the acrylic glasses but changed my mind when I saw the glass ones at the factory outlet. I like those much better. I use the stonewear for serving pieces since no one picks those up except me.

I used to have Mickey Christmas dishes, but they had to be washed by hand
because they were trimmed in gold. I used them once for a dinner party and that was the end of that. Took me forever to clean up.

Would love to hear what everone else has.

Soccer Princess
08-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks SOOO much for adding this Tricia! :) We have the Empire black pattern. Right now we just have the s/p shakers, 12 place settings, and 12 glasses. Since it is being discontinued, what all should I order?
So far I have
3 round platters
3 serving bowls
canister set
sugae and creamer set
?? place settings??

How many extra place settings should I order in case of breakage? 1 or 2???

They also have some really cute Winterberry pieces cheap I am thinking about getting for Xmas gifts! :)

mollyeilis
08-21-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm not into pfaltzgraff* (I :heart: Lenox and Fiestaware and have no room for others), but I like reading various threads, and I couldn't help but notice the nice banner ad for replacements.com at the bottom of the page. :)

So, other than ebay, that's a good place to look for totally discontinued things, though you will pay a premium price.

Now I wonder if Lenox.com has any programs...eh, I have an outlet an hour away, no need to order online. :p

*oh my goodness, just looked at their site, and they sell far more than just dishes! They sell cuisinart, kitchenaid, and bunches of stuff! Hmm...

m 'n c
08-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks SOOO much for adding this Tricia! :) We have the Empire black pattern. Right now we just have the s/p shakers, 12 place settings, and 12 glasses. Since it is being discontinued, what all should I order?
So far I have
3 round platters
3 serving bowls
canister set
sugae and creamer set
?? place settings??

How many extra place settings should I order in case of breakage? 1 or 2???

They also have some really cute Winterberry pieces cheap I am thinking about getting for Xmas gifts! :)

What about soup/gumbo bowls? We used those much more in the winter than the cereal bowls.

ETA: Ok I just went to look up the official name of the bowl mentioned above: PASTA/DINNER BOWL I would get some of these and some salad plates which are very useful when you are trying to portion control yourself.

Soccer Princess
08-21-2007, 04:57 PM
I have the salad plates with my place settings, but I'll def. check out the bowls. :) How many extra place settings do you think I should get?

m 'n c
08-21-2007, 05:04 PM
I have the salad plates with my place settings, but I'll def. check out the bowls. :) How many extra place settings do you think I should get?

Hmm. I am conservative so I'd go with 2 but if you are cautious then I'd just go with 1 and get some pasta/soup bowls.

How many do you use on a regular basis and how often do you do dishes? I ask because I think my mom's set is either 8 or 12 for a family of 4 and we'd do dishes I think every 2-3 days. BF and I on the other hand are just the 2 of us and I'm borrowing one set of dishes from her that is a set for 8 I think. We usually can get through a few days before doing dishes but man we can go through some plates on the weekend.

If you think you might put some wear on them I'd go with 2 extra sets in case of a crack or chip. The dishwasher has cracked/chipped a couple of different pieces of my mom's but nothing that would make them unusuable.

speechteachri
08-21-2007, 07:00 PM
This is a great one I never even thought of since I usually shop at the outlet store. But they do have great sales!! My favorite dishes are my winterberry stoneware. I use them from Thanksgiving right through the winter. They are so pretty!

Thanks Tricia!

Soccer Princess
09-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Did anyone order through them and get credit yet? How long did it take to show up in your account? Thanks!

~Kathie
09-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Did anyone order through them and get credit yet? How long did it take to show up in your account? Thanks!

I ordered 8-21-07 or the 22nd (I'm not at home to check) and received credit on 8-25. I'm a SM. I think I received my order on Friday the 25th.
They shipped quick.

Soccer Princess
09-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Hmm... I ordered a few days ago and I still don't have a pending credit... Thanks!