PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Clearing

tghamilton
08-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Can someone tell me about cookie clearing? Why do you do it? How do you do it? How often do you do it?

Ugh - 3 year old is crying - gotta fly....

TIA
Tricia

wilsonfamily4
08-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Everyone does this a bit differently, so after awhile you will figure out what works best for you and your computer. We do it so that the companies will not be able to see if we have done offers they have offered in the past. Sometimes even if it is a different offer they see we are already in their database and will not credit us.

I personally clear cookies after my offer credits. I try not to clear them if tehy haven't unless it has been a few days then I go ahead and do it. I also have added CCleaner, which was free and run that every morning as well. This catches cookies that are harder to find. To clear cookies go to start, then run, then in that box put in cookies. It will find them then you can delete them.

bs4free
08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Can someone tell me about cookie clearing? Why do you do it? How do you do it? How often do you do it?

Ugh - 3 year old is crying - gotta fly....

TIA
Tricia

Cookie Clearing

Cookie clearing is the proccess of deleting all the cookies on your computer. along with that would be your history and cache as well

Why do you need to clear cookies, A. because offers leave cookies to track compleation, and if you have done a lot of offers the next off you try could be using the same system and cookies and if it sees you already have done it it will not credit B. because sites leave tracking cookies that can track what you do and send it back to them!

how to clean ones cookies, one of the best tools is CClearner you just run this and it will clear all of your cookies out, history, cache every thing that needs to go!

I clean my cookies about once a day! or every other day! but it depends on how much i have done! If i have done no offers for several days then i dont have many cookies to clear but i i do alot in a day i may clear my cookies several times aday. The point is if your not geting what you expected or you think you need to clean your cookies just do it

m 'n c
08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Everyone does this a bit differently, so after awhile you will figure out what works best for you and your computer. We do it so that the companies will not be able to see if we have done offers they have offered in the past. Sometimes even if it is a different offer they see we are already in their database and will not credit us.

I personally clear cookies after my offer credits. I try not to clear them if tehy haven't unless it has been a few days then I go ahead and do it. I also have added CCleaner, which was free and run that every morning as well. This catches cookies that are harder to find. To clear cookies go to start, then run, then in that box put in cookies. It will find them then you can delete them.
Great response wilsonfamily4! I think you summed it up perfectly. Cookies track where you have been and what offers you have done. So for example if you do the new Clorox bleach pen one which is sponsored by My Insider Deals and then go and try to complete the Dove offer which is also sponsored by MID then you will only get credit for one since the sponsor will see your first cookie. If you "clear" the cookie and then modify your email (using gmail tricks) then you will get credit for both offers which is completely legit as they are 2 separate offers.

It also helps your computer run faster if you clean out your cookies, temp files, and history. I clear mine out once a day sometimes twice depending on what I'm doing or if there is a contest running on the forum where tricia will temporarily raise the values of certain offers. Then I'll clear once things credit so I might clear 2 or 3 times in an hour or two.

tghamilton
08-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Ah Ha! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I haven't gotten credit for either the clorox or the other one (I can't remember right off) maybe my cookies are the culprit. That just sounds funny. :rotfl:

Thank you all for responding!

Tricia

BTW - was CCleaner an offer by any chance?? Just thought I would ask. :sunshine:

tghamilton
08-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Uh Oh! It says it is only for Windows/PCs - does anyone know if there is a Mac version of this?

TIA
Tricia

bs4free
08-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Uh Oh! It says it is only for Windows/PCs - does anyone know if there is a Mac version of this?

TIA
Tricia

I do not think CClearner was every an offer, but i am not sure

For a mac i have read that http://www.santasw.com/ will do the task, but everything on a mac is very different. Do you use Firefox on your mac if so you can go to tools clear privat data and that should do the trick!

or try that app, but i have never used it!

I am a pc not a mac guy, but i would love a mac someday!

tghamilton
08-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Ok - I think I got it. I downloaded the program you suggested and also did the clear private data thingy.

Now off to try the clorox, et al offers - here's hoping they credit this time!

Thank you everyone!!!

bs4free
08-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Ok - I think I got it. I downloaded the program you suggested and also did the clear private data thingy.

Now off to try the clorox, et al offers - here's hoping they credit this time!

Thank you everyone!!!

Good Luck, I hope you get your clorox credit!