PDA

View Full Version : Easter basket contest thread chatter...

Hedy
04-03-2009, 03:25 PM
I hear you on the contest vs. planning, Pat. We still don't know what we're having for dessert (although we're leaning towards Kathie's dessert recipe). My mom asked me what I was thinking and I replied "I'm not sure if I'm putting the jelly beans in the eggs or the dish." :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Darn you Jaime, that shirt is on sale! Must.not.order....They're already getting 2 shirts from my mom...

spring
04-03-2009, 04:10 PM
I hear you on the contest vs. planning, Pat. We still don't know what we're having for dessert (although we're leaning towards Kathie's dessert recipe). My mom asked me what I was thinking and I replied "I'm not sure if I'm putting the jelly beans in the eggs or the dish." :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Darn you Jaime, that shirt is on sale! Must.not.order....They're already getting 2 shirts from my mom...

I just got to tell you, Heather, I HAVE pre-planned the dessert, being the most important part of the meal and everything, you know.:angel: It's just the rest of the meal I'm clueless about.:rolleyes:

PSL1013
04-03-2009, 04:52 PM
I just got to tell you, Heather, I HAVE pre-planned the dessert, being the most important part of the meal and everything, you know.:angel: It's just the rest of the meal I'm clueless about.:rolleyes:

Dessert is definitely the most important part of the meal...isn't there a saying about eating dessert first to make sure you have room for it? :rotfl: Skip the planning and cooking and have everyone bring a dish.....dilemma solved! :D

pbhall13
04-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I want to hear what everyone is making for their meals.....I know I have the ham............now what do I want to do.........maybe I should start a new thread : Easter what are you making/taking ideas and recipes

boy i am behind he eight ball this year!

mmm611
04-04-2009, 07:47 AM
Dessert is definitely the most important part of the meal...isn't there a saying about eating dessert first to make sure you have room for it? :rotfl: Skip the planning and cooking and have everyone bring a dish.....dilemma solved! :D

But what if everybody just brings dessert?

My mom and grandma are cohosting this year. I'm making some of the Diet Coke cupcakes. Just have to decide on which flavor cake mix and pop to use in this, and pick up a thing of Cool Whip.

spring
04-04-2009, 07:54 AM
But what if everybody just brings dessert?

My mom and grandma are cohosting this year. I'm making some of the Diet Coke cupcakes. Just have to decide on which flavor cake mix and pop to use in this, and pick up a thing of Cool Whip.

...and if everyone brings dessert.......the problem is?:rotfl:

chipndale
04-04-2009, 12:41 PM

Funny, I thought the same thing when I read that. IMO an all dessert menu would sure be tasty!

mmm611
04-04-2009, 03:05 PM

LOL, no problem for ME since that's all I ever bring, but some other (like one aunt) might be upset.

fourfoxesinpa
04-04-2009, 06:05 PM

Dang gone it! Isn't that just my luck! :o

We are having ham, mashed potatoes, corn and a broccoli, velveeta, ritz cracker casserole that I always make. So good, but so bad. I'm doing the angelfood cake with pineapple for dessert. Yum.

3dog2kidmom
04-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Dang gone it! Isn't that just my luck! :o

We are having ham, mashed potatoes, corn and a broccoli, velveeta, ritz cracker casserole that I always make. So good, but so bad. I'm doing the angelfood cake with pineapple for dessert. Yum.

Recipe, please?? Thanks!

askomsky
04-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Hmm taking a page out of Kathie's book, went to Sam's club yesterday new tires on my van, also came home with an apple pie for dessert next weekend. :D Although DH watned me to buy a cake and or brownies and I told him no way I can make those cheaper. So I know so far we're having:
Ham, apple pie, angel food cake and cookies..... :rotfl: Sounds good to me!

3dog2kidmom
04-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Although DH watned me to buy a cake and or brownies and I told him no way I can make those cheaper.

Yeah, but then you have to actually make them :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think I need to make a trip somewhere for ham & pie :D