PDA

View Full Version : Tomato Giant Offer Question

toystoryduo
04-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Has anyone else done this offer and received their product? I got my order today and I am very surprised at what came. The box was damaged so I opened it immediately to inspect the product. I thought I was getting starter plants and ended up with 6 small containers of dirt and dead bugs. :( I'm assuming there are seeds in these containers, but my DH and I can't find them. :(

Not only that, but I was charged $11.90 for shipping and on the box I received, the label says that it cost $0.79 to ship! Yikes!:eek:

To add insult to injury, I didn't receive credit for this offer either.:cry: (Angie is working on it for me though.)

Has anyone else had a similar experience? :confused:

askomsky
04-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Has anyone else done this offer and received their product? I got my order today and I am very surprised at what came. The box was damaged so I opened it immediately to inspect the product. I thought I was getting starter plants and ended up with 6 small containers of dirt and dead bugs. :( I'm assuming there are seeds in these containers, but my DH and I can't find them. :(

Not only that, but I was charged $11.90 for shipping and on the box I received, the label says that it cost $0.79 to ship! Yikes!:eek:

To add insult to injury, I didn't receive credit for this offer either.:cry: (Angie is working on it for me though.)

Has anyone else had a similar experience? :confused:

Oh no, sorry to hear that. I would definitely call and tell them about it and request a refund. :(

toystoryduo
04-10-2009, 10:07 AM
My DH plans on giving them a call today. I'll update after he speaks to them.

sqromano
04-10-2009, 10:09 AM
That's terrible how your box came! :( I got mine and it was intact and I am going to start it with my kids this weekend (that is our spring project). I hope you get some resolution.

toystoryduo
04-10-2009, 10:11 AM
That's terrible how your box came! :( I got mine and it was intact and I am going to start it with my kids this weekend (that is our spring project). I hope you get some resolution.

Thanks. :) If you don't mind me asking, did you get plants or seeds and did you have a lot of dead bugs in yours?

sqromano
04-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks. :) If you don't mind me asking, did you get plants or seeds and did you have a lot of dead bugs in yours?

I didn't have any bugs in mine. I haven't opened the individual packets yet, but I got 6 little plastic covered rectangular pods that look like there are seeds in dirt. I would definitely let the company know!

toystoryduo
04-10-2009, 10:17 AM
I didn't have any bugs in mine. I haven't opened the individual packets yet, but I got 6 little plastic covered rectangular pods that look like there are seeds in dirt. I would definitely let the company know!

We got 6 little packages too, but we couldn't find any seeds in them and there were a lot of dead bugs in each one. :( Maybe we just got a bad batch. We'll definitely let the company know.

Thank you for sharing your experience. :sunshine:

julie007
04-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Got mine trying to grow them. Didn't dig around for seeds so I will give it a week to see if any come up. No dead bugs though. My box was a little squished as well. Hope something comes up with what they ended up costing with shipping.

I want some GIANT plants! LOL

jollytammy
04-16-2009, 11:51 AM
I got mine last week, 6 pots. I followed the instructions, watered them and put them in the window. Within a couple days they started sprouting. And now a week later, all but one pot has sprouted. Most of the pots look like they have 2-3 plants growing.

toystoryduo
04-16-2009, 08:09 PM
I wanted to post an update to my original post....My DH called the company and told them about the damaged box and the dead bugs in the pods. The customer service rep was very nice and credited our account for the entire purchase. Even though we didn't receive what we expected, their customer service is top notch!:clap:

(Side note....Angie, I sent another TT about this so you can closeout the other one.)

Thanks everyone for your posts!:thanks: