PDA

View Full Version : New Contest, lets spice things up

sunshinecindy
04-08-2009, 08:33 AM
The SM Plus were fortunate to receive a variety of spices from MySpiceSage this quarter, and now you have a chance to win some too.
There are two stipulations though, you must have the correct answer to the trivia question and you must leave a comment at MySpiceSage after receiving your spices on their website.

So, here we go.
I recently made a video for Things Remembered. During the video there is some lovely music. Your mission, should you accept it, is to identify the music, what movie its from, and tell us what you were doing when this movie came out.

This is going to be easy. I'll pick a couple winners friday morning.

Here is the video: http://www.sunshinerewards.com/videoblog/2009/04/01/sunshine-rewards-reviews-things-remembered/

iluvamystery89
04-08-2009, 09:02 AM
i know this is a silly question, but i've never participated in one of these...do we submit our answer on this thread?

sunshinecindy
04-08-2009, 09:06 AM
i know this is a silly question, but i've never participated in one of these...do we submit our answer on this thread?

Yes post your answers in this thread. If you would like to start a chatter thread about the contest, go ahead, that would be cool.

iluvamystery89
04-08-2009, 09:13 AM
cool! ok, well the song is "the way we were" by barbra streisand, from the movie of the same name. it was released in october of 1973, and i was 2, so i can't remember what i was doing when the movie came out, probably torturing my baby brother, who was 10 months old at that time, lol.

fourfoxesinpa
04-08-2009, 09:18 AM
The Song is "The Way we Were" from the movie of the same name, originally performed by Barbra Streisand. In 1973, the year the movie came out, I was 11 and was probably in 5th or 6th grade? I competitively twirled baton when I was young and very clearly remember this song being played repeatedly at the competitions during the "modeling" parts of the contests. Gosh, that was a long time ago! :blush:

My review at myspicesage is "The Real Dill"

~Kathie
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
The song is "The Way We Were" from the movie of the same name released in 1973. It starred Barbara Streisand and Robert Redford two of my favorite actors. 1973 was the year before I got married. I had just finished school and I was planning my wedding.

The way we were is right!!!

MySpice Sage Review for Cinnamon

I use this cinnamon on my oatmeal every morning. It's the best cinnamon I have ever had.

PSL1013
04-08-2009, 11:53 AM
The song is "The Way We Were" from the movie of the same name released in 1973, starring Barbara Streisand, ahh the memories!! I was an old married woman of three years by this time, yes I was only 18yo when we got married but I was turning 19yo the next month, are you sure you want to know what I was doing at the time?? :rotfl: We were living in New Jersey because my husband was in the AirForce stationed at McGuire AFB.

MySpiceSage Review on Blackening Spice:
I bought a jar of this spice for my husband who absolutely loves it, he doesn't just grill with it but sprinkles it on almost anything.

bbangel
04-08-2009, 12:34 PM
The song is "The Way We Were" from the movie of the same name released in 1973.

I was not quite a glimmer in my parent's eyes at the time. I was born the next year :rotfl:

rumrunnergirl
04-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Song: The Way We Were from the movie of the same name, released in fall 1973.

What was I doing then? In October 1973 I was 11 years old, so I would have been in 7th grade (I started young, LOL). I was busy stressing over pimples, wearing puka shell necklaces and hip huggers - not that I had any hips to hug. :rotfl:

Misty water colored memories . . . .

Now I'm gonna have that song in my head all day. I love those old Barbra Streisand movies!

VacationBarb
04-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Song The way we were from the same movie title. I just gave birth to my daughter. Love the music

wdwabby
04-08-2009, 01:57 PM
The song is The Way We Were from the movie The Way We Were.

What was I doing when it came out? Nothing, I didn't exist!

askomsky
04-08-2009, 02:06 PM
The song is "The Way We Were" from the movie of the same name released in 1973.

I was not quite a glimmer in my parent's eyes at the time. I was born the next year :rotfl:

What Megan said... :) I was born in 1974 so google had to help me out.

Hedy
04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
The way we were, from the way we were.
I was doing nothing, my parents hadn't even met yet!

mmm611
04-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Song is The Way We Were from The Way We Were.

I've never seen the movie and this would have been about 7 or so years before my parents even thought about having me. They didn't meet till the late 70s and I was born in 1982.

Weluvdisny
04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
The song is The Way We Were from the movie of the same name.

Being released in 1973 would make me 5. Although I don't remember the movie, I do remember starting kindergarten with my twin brother then.

Good times!!:party:

kimntrent
04-08-2009, 09:47 PM
The Way we Were by Babs. It was 1973 and I didn't exist. My parents didn't even know I was going to exist.

Belle
04-08-2009, 09:57 PM
"The Way We Were" from the movie The Way We Were. I was just a baby when it came out.

Pooh's Pal
04-08-2009, 11:06 PM
The Way We Were from the movie The Way We Were, October 1973 with Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford.

WOW..I was just turning 21 years old (stop gasping, yeah I'm old!!) I was working at what we here in Massachusetts call, The Registry of Motor Vechiles..(The DMV to most of you out of staters) and yes, I'm sure I was in love, yeah I know I was back then....I loved music, listening to Roberta Flack, Gladys Knight and the Pips and Stevie Wonder and watching movies ranging from American Graffiti, The Excorist to The Way We Were.

Those were the Days My Friends!!

sqromano
04-08-2009, 11:25 PM
The music is The Way We Were from the movie of the same name from 1973. I was born in 1974, so I was just a bump when this came out. But I do know it is one of my Mom's favorites!

tarheelpat
04-09-2009, 12:01 AM
The song is "The Way We Were" from the movie "The Way We Were." When this movie came out, I was in my senior year of high school and had just thrown over my long-time steady boyfriend for the star of the football team. I didn't see the movie then, but the next summer a couple weeks before I headed off to college, I saw it at the drive-in, which showed second run movies, with the boy I had broken up with the previous fall. Somehow, the movie seemed appropriate.:rotfl:

catnapfan
04-09-2009, 09:09 AM
The song is The Way We Were from the movie The Way We Were from 1973. I have never seen the movie but I was 3 years old when it came out. We were living in sunny Hialeah, Florida and getting ready to move to the brutal cold of Wisconsin.

cuppycakemom
04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Let's see. The year was 1973. The song is "The Way We Were" from the same named movie. I'm a sap when it comes to music and I don't ever listen to this song because it makes me cry!

I was living in PA with my family. I would have just turned 3 years old, with a sister who was not quite 2. My guess is I was giving my mom grey hairs :)

Debbie Jean
04-09-2009, 07:56 PM
The Way We Were from the movie The Way We Were, October 1973 with Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford.

WOW..I was just turning 21 years old (stop gasping, yeah I'm old!!) I was working at what we here in Massachusetts call, The Registry of Motor Vechiles..(The DMV to most of you out of staters) and yes, I'm sure I was in love, yeah I know I was back then....I loved music, listening to Roberta Flack, Gladys Knight and the Pips and Stevie Wonder and watching movies ranging from American Graffiti, The Excorist to The Way We Were.

Those were the Days My Friends!!

Movie is The way we were released in 1973 and the song "The way we were" won the Academy award for best song... Babs, always one of my favs, was in her prime and though she lost, was also nominated for best actress :clap:

Oh. my good memories! :D I was also 21, living in the dorm while working on a BA at UMass Amherst. It was a great time to be young!

speechteachri
04-09-2009, 09:16 PM
The movie was "The Way We Were" with Barbara Striesand and Robert Redford. The song was the theme song for the movie. Movie was made in 1973, and I was 5 years old, so I was probably going to kindergarten and learning to ride my first 2 wheel bike; a red Schwinn, that I got for my 5th birthday!

Beautiful bracelet Cindy....what a nice rememberance!

3dog2kidmom
04-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Memories, from the Way We Were, of course!! One of my favorite movies of all time. I was in 4th grade when that came out, and remember seeing it for the first time on TV probably 2 years later with my sister.

AuroraBorealis
04-10-2009, 12:09 AM
"The Way We Were" performed by Barbara Streisand from the 1973 Sydney Pollack-directed movie of the same name starring Babs and Robert Redford.

I was born nine years later, so I wasn't doing much of anything when the song was released. However, my mom still has the soundtrack LP, no joke!

As an aside, the song was covered in 2008 by Girlicious, a spin-off group of the Pussycat Dolls. It is a terrible cover. I only know this because my roommates watch way too much reality TV. :rolleyes:

jendon1997
04-10-2009, 07:17 AM
The song is The Way We Were from the movie The Way We Were.
I was not born until 1975.

sunshinecindy
04-11-2009, 08:10 AM
You know, when I ran this it didn't even dawn on me how young so many of you are here. LOL Now I'm feeling really old.

But, the two winners are:

Poohs pal and Cuppycakemom

Congrats...open up a TT with your full name and addresses so I can mail you the spices, and remember, after you get them, post in MySpiceSage under that spice about it.

Pooh's Pal
04-11-2009, 12:29 PM
You know, when I ran this it didn't even dawn on me how young so many of you are here. LOL Now I'm feeling really old.

I'm right there with ya Cindy!!