PDA

View Full Version : Communion Gifts?

Hedy
04-14-2009, 11:53 AM
My cousin's children (girl 7, boy 9) are having their first communion this year. I'd like to do something similar for them, but am having a hard time, as girl gifts are easy (Jewelry), but boy gifts are hard to come up with. Any communion gifts your kidlets were fans of?

jnorth1007
04-14-2009, 12:03 PM
How about a cross pin that he could wear that day on his tie or collar and then later whenever he dresses up. I also have seen some really beautiful inscribed children's bibles. Finally I have a set of rosary for each of my kids that were given on their baptism, I think this would be terrific for first communion also.

Hedy
04-14-2009, 12:05 PM
How about a cross pin that he could wear that day on his tie or collar and then later whenever he dresses up. I also have seen some really beautiful inscribed children's bibles. Finally I have a set of rosary for each of my kids that were given on their baptism, I think this would be terrific for first communion also.

Ooh, I like the rosary idea. Thanks!

mmm611
04-14-2009, 08:01 PM
This was confirmation for me, but my aunt gave me and each of my brothers a claundach ring. I'm sure I misspelled that, but it's the one with the glasped hands. It could probably work for First Communion as well.

~Kathie
04-14-2009, 09:24 PM
I like the rosary idea too. There are so many different styles.....to choose from.

askomsky
04-14-2009, 09:27 PM
I like the rosary idea too. There are so many different styles.....to choose from.

They are a great idea, just make sure that no one else is buying them also.
I thought about it for my BFF's daughter but found that usually the grandparents and or godparents bought them for her. So instead I went with the trusty giftcards.