PDA

View Full Version : So Disappointed Right Now

SunshineGirl
04-21-2009, 08:25 PM
We got an email from Target that they are going to start holding all of our credits for at least 40 days now because of a "scam" being perpetrated through rewards sites. Turns out that we have been a part of it and didn't even know. We have a Disney fan member who has taken us for hundreds of dollars over the last several months. Because we only held credits for 21 days and weren't told about the reversals properly, the member was cashing out for Disney Dollars repeatedly and returning the merchandise. We're out hundreds of dollars while someone is living it up in Disney at our expense. I have to believe that they are doing the exact same thing through a lot of other rewards sites as well.

It's a sad day to learn what people will do to take advantage of other people and companies. We try so hard to be honest here and give our members the benefit of the doubt as much as we can. So it's like a kick in the stomach to see something like this.

mjjmbnmm
04-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Tricia I'm so sorry, you do such a great job with this site and your always looking out for us, I can't believe someone would take advantage like that. Again I'm sorry and want to say thanks for everything you do.:hugs:

iluvamystery89
04-21-2009, 08:39 PM
tricia, i'm so sad to read this, and so sorry this happened. sunshine rewards is an awesome site, and doesn't deserve to be abused this way. please know you are appreciated and i am VERY grateful for the wonderful job you do. :hugs:

DarcyDog
04-21-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm certainly sorry to hear about the Target credit hold. Are you able to ban this person from SR? I sure wouldn't like to see them earning more rewards, even if they do earn them legitimately. I'm a big believer in "what goes around, comes around" so I'm certain whoever it is will one day regret their actions.

Thanks for everything you do to bring these wonderful opportunities to earn rewards and take comfort in the fact that most if not all of the rest of the SR members would not do anything to jeopardize it. :thanks:

StitchandPooh'smom
04-21-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't understand why someone would do that. Why can't people be happy with the opportunity to earn a little extra Disney money without scamming the very people who have given you that opportunity? :(

It's really disappointing that someone could take advantage of you and your family, Tricia. I'm sorry that happened.

aknight373
04-21-2009, 08:46 PM
wow i dont understand.. someone was buying stuff from target through sunshine rewards... then cashing out for disney dollars and then returning the target stuff...

what a loser, i can not believe some people at all !!!! I would really hate to have their life!!!

Iteach
04-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh Tricia, I am so sorry! Sometimes it's hard to believe and understand why people do these types of things. I also appreciate the honesty that SR offers and stands for, and thank you for all the hard work that all of you have done, and do to make SR so awesome and honest. :hugs:

SunshineGirl
04-21-2009, 09:00 PM
The good news is that we don't have to make any changes to the site or our terms as a result of this. We were already being proactive in holding cashouts a little longer than other sites to compensate for things like this. Now we're just hoping to work more closely with Target to find out about returns faster and get the accounts debited.

jl8595
04-21-2009, 09:08 PM
That's TERRIBLE! There's a loser in every crowd - it makes me MAD that their dishonestly/scamming impacts everyone else.

I'm sorry Tricia - how disconcerting for you. :hugs:

fanofree
04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
I am really sad to hear this, but I can't say I surprized.

I work in a nursing home where the majority of residents' care is paid for by Medical Assistance - the government insurance program. They receive about $45 a month for their personal needs. This has to cover clothes, shoes, any special food treats as well as gifts for their family members on holidays.

If individuals working in this enviroment will steal from the elderly and disabled, and they do - scamming a reward site is an easy choice.

I have a good friend that always says "God doen't like ugly people." She is not talking looks. I'm sorry this happened and as usual the few bad apples have spoiled the whole barrel.

pbhall13
04-21-2009, 09:38 PM
I am very sad to hear this Tricia. Sorry that SR has to deal with someone who doesn't follow the rules and be happy with what they can make honestly thru SR.

I completely understand why you need to be careful with shopping credits. Thanks for staying on top of this and sorry that you have to deal with the fallout of a 'bad apple'

Pamela

fourfoxesinpa
04-21-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry Tricia. You DO run a great site here but, sadly, you will always have people who will try to work the system until they get caught. :headache:

I agree with the previous poster, "what comes around, goes around." They'll get theirs in due time. Unfortunately, that doesn't help you recover what they stole from you, but knowing that YOU are upfront and honest will let you sleep at night.

askomsky
04-21-2009, 09:54 PM
I can't add much to what already has been said, not surprising that there are always people out there trying to cheat to get ahead. They'll pay their dues, I'm sure.

You do run a legite site and those of us who know it, already know the terms and have accepted it. I'm sorry one bad apple has to turn it into a bad day.

disney_girl
04-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Wow- that is very disappointing! It is sad (but very understandable) that the actions of a few make the rules more strict. I can't imagine going to Disney with "stolen" money... I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this!

Sunni
04-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Tricia, so sorry to hear this has happened. It really makes me sad to think some people will do things like this and hurt SR.

amarazas
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this Tricia!

Good luck getting through this! I know you will!

sqromano
04-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Tricia, I am so sorry this happened. I have been so impressed with how everything is run here at SR, and I cannot understand how someone could take advantage like that! We are all behind you and are grateful for all you do!

Alice28
04-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....people never cease to surprise me. Jerks. I'm really sorry Tricia and SR family. :mad::hugs:

disneyforever
04-22-2009, 03:56 AM
I cannot believe the nerve of some people. What jerks.

Karma will kick them to the curb!

crochet4hats
04-22-2009, 05:41 AM
What a bummer...like everyone else...I believe what goes around comes around and someday soon he/she will get their just rewards!

sammielynn
04-22-2009, 07:01 AM
I really don't like cheaters. Sorry, this happened to you, makes me sad/mad.

piglet-for-me
04-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Why is it I'm still amazed at the lengths people will go to scam others? How sad.

OhMari
04-22-2009, 08:12 AM
I hope Target has stopped the person on their end from returning items to the store or even allowing them to shop on their web site. If they are able to know that individuals shop through reward sites, they should know who the people are that are doing this.

Years ago, I knew someone that bought a ton of stuff on their credit card and returned the items to get cash and then she kept the cash instead of applying it to the credit card. She left her husband and then he found out she racked up a ton on their credit cards. He ended up paying it all off.

It's sad that people can figure out ways to cheat others.

lkturner
04-22-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm really sick of these people who think getting something for nothing at the expense of others is acceptable. Seems lots of folks these days are doing it, but stealing is stealing. Sorry it happened here.

athoods
04-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Sorry as well to hear how low some people will go. :mad: Have they no shame! Well I do beleive that at some point this will catch up to them. Karma Baby!!!!

However the damage has been done to you Tricia and I am truly sorry that this has happened.

wdwabby
04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm so sorry Tricia - that's really awful.

But, as my dad would say, it's disappointing and surprising because it's NOT the norm - the vast majority of people would never consider doing something like this, and I think that percentage is even higher among our population here. You'll get through this like you always get through obstacles - with integrity and class. Hang in there!

toystoryduo
04-22-2009, 08:56 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you and the SR family have to deal with this, Tricia. :( :hugs:

lanny76
04-22-2009, 08:56 AM
We got an email from Target that they are going to start holding all of our credits for at least 40 days now because of a "scam" being perpetrated through rewards sites. Turns out that we have been a part of it and didn't even know. We have a Disney fan member who has taken us for hundreds of dollars over the last several months. Because we only held credits for 21 days and weren't told about the reversals properly, the member was cashing out for Disney Dollars repeatedly and returning the merchandise. We're out hundreds of dollars while someone is living it up in Disney at our expense. I have to believe that they are doing the exact same thing through a lot of other rewards sites as well.

It's a sad day to learn what people will do to take advantage of other people and companies. We try so hard to be honest here and give our members the benefit of the doubt as much as we can. So it's like a kick in the stomach to see something like this.

Oh dear, that's terrible, I am SO sorry! How disgustingly dishonest. Too bad that so many have to suffer the consequences of one person's dishonesty!:headache::mad: Sad.

faithhope
04-22-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm angry that a few selfish, dishonest people would do things like this, and hurt SR, and the reward site system.

I'm glad you already have changes in place that will help with fixing this problem.

I really really appriciate your openess in telling us this, so we can understand why policies change. I don't mind changes cause I trust SR... but it helps to know why.

Thanks for all that you and your team do at SR,
The SR mafia is mad anytime someone cheats our beloved SR.
Faith

wilsonfamily4
04-22-2009, 09:48 AM
I am sorry for you Tricia. :(

People who steal never really think about who they are stealing from. She may feel like she just made money but she stole from YOU! So sad

juliokirkland
04-22-2009, 02:52 PM
It is very disappointing to know that someone abused this wonderful site. :( :hugs:

Thanks for letting us know about the 40 day credit hold and the reason behind it.

I find it sad the lengths that people would go through to scam others.:headache:

Love2Shop
04-22-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that. I hate people that think that doing stuff like that is okay.

mollyeilis
04-22-2009, 03:57 PM
That's just awful!

The SR mafia is mad anytime someone cheats our beloved SR.

:)

jaime
04-22-2009, 04:36 PM
How awful. Karma will get them in the end. I'm so sorry that this person stole from you.

MdCaterer
04-22-2009, 04:41 PM
It truly is a shame that someone always finds a way to cheat the system. Hopefully if they are doing this on a large scale they will be caught and prosecuted.

Pooh's Pal
04-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Wow, so sorry to hear this!
Why can't people just be honest??? I just don't understand!!

spring
04-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Unfortunately, there is always someone trying to get something for nothing. Sorry this has happened here, of all places.:( I know SR will prevail and come out stronger in the end. I hope you have the name of the person that is doing this.

Do reward sites share info about people like this? If they could, it might stop at least some of this behavior. Of course, someone as dishonest as this would probably have multiple "identies" so they can go site to site scamming.

~Kathie
04-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Unfortunately, there is always someone trying to get something for nothing. Sorry this has happened here, of all places.:( I know SR will prevail and come out stronger in the end.

I don't have much else to say that hasn't already been said. I'm sorry that some people are so self centered and greedy, that they hurt you. :hugs:

Leslie
04-22-2009, 06:39 PM
I am sorry to hear that someone took advantage of such a great website.

Breeze88
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this sweetie :hugs:

I joined this site to earn some Disney gift cards and I did check out other sites like this one also. What I found here is that this is an *honest* site that delivers on promises. The added bonus is that everyone here on the forum is friendly and helpful, especially since it too me forever to get the hang of things around here :blush: :rotfl:

arob414
04-22-2009, 06:55 PM
There is nothing else I can add other than ditto to everything everyone else has already said. And, I can't stand cheaters.