PDA

View Full Version : Spanx?

SunshineGirl
08-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Does anyone wear Spanx? I have heard a lot of movie stars talk about wearing them under their dresses in particular. (of course, not the size "C" that I would need--LOL!) I just got an email from Kiyonna about them selling them in skin tones now.

I am intrigued. Should I invest?

coastalgirl
08-23-2007, 02:59 PM
I have one that I wear underneath Mardi Gras gowns. I really like mine. I don't really use it though for more than formal wear. I like that it helps smooth things out. That whole baby thing, ya know. I don't know if that helps much! I can say they are not as uncomfortable as you might think they are. You kinda forget you have it on. I really like the way it makes me look in the more fitted gowns.

Lydia

llgray16
08-23-2007, 03:02 PM
I was really thinking of getting a pair of these as well. They are a bit pricey but I have heard lots of good things so I might just have to invest in a pair!

sunshinecindy
08-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Ok, I give, what the heck is a spanx. :confused:

coastalgirl
08-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Ok, I give, what the heck is a spanx. :confused:

It is a body shaper/smoother! Almost like a girdle but more comfortable! :rotfl:

Lydia

chocovrdmicears
08-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Yes, they are worth the investment!!!! They do wonders...really pulls in places that aren't behaving (and sadly they may never:( ). They are comfy and literally make you look like you lost 5 lbs. I had two babies in 18 months...Wonderbras and Spanx are my friends. :p

bbangel
08-23-2007, 03:26 PM
I have a friend who swears by them. Wears them all the time. I've never tried one but she does look better with them on.

sunshinecindy
08-23-2007, 03:46 PM
..Wonderbras and Spanx are my friends. :p

They sound like a good idea, if they aren't uncomfortable.

As for Wonderbras....i've tried them.....they just wonder why I'm even bothering....its pretty hopeless.

Soccer Princess
08-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Where can get get Spanx on SR? :)

SunshineGirl
08-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Definitely kiyonna. But I will look around.

tghamilton
08-23-2007, 07:11 PM
So there is something out there that is more comfortable than my "iron maiden?" :rotfl:

Same here - 2 babies in 18 months - where did my body go?????

~Kathie
08-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Target carries Spanx under the name "Assets". I have both Spanx and Assets and I can't tell the difference. I love them.

Also these are other stores listed on the Spanx website that are available on SR.
Catherines
Lane Bryant
Torrid

cglaura
08-24-2007, 12:31 AM
.....As for Wonderbras....i've tried them.....they just wonder why I'm even bothering....its pretty hopeless.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I just made my dd jump I laughed so hard. Only b/c I'm in the same boat :p I lost a massive amt of weight (like a whole person!) when I went through divorce, there's just no hope for them now!