PDA

View Full Version : Sony Image Station closing program

SunshineGirl
08-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Just got word that Sony Image Station is closing down their program next week. Get it while you can!

cglaura
08-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Just placed an order.

Did you mean just their affiliate program? Or totally shutting down / can't order any more prints. Still have my free 20, but couldn't decide what to get!

Finally printed some 06 Halloween pictures. Me? Procrastinate? Nah. :angel:

bs4free
08-23-2007, 11:44 PM
How does this offer work?

Earn 5.00 when you become a new member and make at least a $5 purchase

You get 20 free prints! Does the normal cost of the 20 count towards the $5 does S&H count towards the $5 or is it $5 in product in addition to your free 20 prints, and s&H ????

cglaura
08-24-2007, 12:18 AM
I took it to read $5 purchase of product, since they don't make any money on s/h (in theory :) ).

I'm not clear on the free 20, but in alot of the other photo offers you had to order above and beyond the free amount, so I'm thinking they wouldn't be included.

So you are basically getting around 30-50 pictures, 20 of which are free (probably more on the 50 side if you only get 4x6...I ordered some 5x7 and 8x10) for the cost of s/h/tax...mine was $1.48.

Did that help any? Or did I sound like Charlie Brown's teacher :rotfl:

linanglab
08-24-2007, 06:03 AM
I just ordered there a couple days ago. How long until you see credit?

Angela

SunshineGirl
08-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I think it is just their affiliate program that is shutting down.

These can take up to a week to show up.

speechteachri
08-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Where is this offer? I can't find it.

bs4free
08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
I took it to read $5 purchase of product, since they don't make any money on s/h (in theory :) ).

I'm not clear on the free 20, but in alot of the other photo offers you had to order above and beyond the free amount, so I'm thinking they wouldn't be included.

So you are basically getting around 30-50 pictures, 20 of which are free (probably more on the 50 side if you only get 4x6...I ordered some 5x7 and 8x10) for the cost of s/h/tax...mine was $1.48.

Did that help any? Or did I sound like Charlie Brown's teacher :rotfl:

Thanks yeah it helped, but i think they do make money of the S&H mostly off the H if you know what i mean. :rotfl:

I guess thats not a bad that bad of an offer and it looks like the tax, and S&H was reasonabley priced!

I did go back through and read it with a charlie Browns's teacher voice, and WOW your a funny writer...:rotfl:

speechteachri
08-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Found the offer, and I ended up spending almost 35.00! But I got one Christmas present bought, and I got myself a calendar for one of my classrooms at school with a bunch of our Disney pics!! Shipping was a killer though! I took forever creating my albums and such though, so I hope the credit comes through!!

cglaura
08-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Ooh, let me know how they turn out. I am going to be ordering some Christmas presents as well, Grandparent mugs! I just wanted to see the quality of prints before I spent alot of money.

speechteachri
08-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Ooh, let me know how they turn out. I am going to be ordering some Christmas presents as well, Grandparent mugs! I just wanted to see the quality of prints before I spent alot of money.

I ordered a mug for my mother for Christmas. I was able to get a regular sized white mug with 3 pics of my dd from WDW for $6.99!!!!! I was psyched...my mother collects these mugs of the grandkids, and we usually forget and have to get them at the mall at the last minute and they are almost $20!! Right now they are 30% off though so I wouldn't wait too long. I'll post when mine comes in to let you know how it comes out!

BTW, the calendars are 30% off too.

ItsmeSunnyV
08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Do we HAVE to use the 20 free prints, or can we just order something that is past the five dollar purchase? :confused: :confused: Thanks!

Veronica

cglaura
08-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Do we HAVE to use the 20 free prints, or can we just order something that is past the five dollar purchase? :confused: :confused: Thanks!

Veronica

I didn't use any of my free 20. I bought some 5x7, 8x10 and a few 4x6. So I hope you don't! It takes a week to show up, so I'll be patient. NOT one of my virtues, but I'm working on it! :angel:

I ordered a mug for my mother for Christmas. I was able to get a regular sized white mug with 3 pics of my dd from WDW for $6.99!!!!! I was psyched...my mother collects these mugs of the grandkids, and we usually forget and have to get them at the mall at the last minute and they are almost $20!! Right now they are 30% off though so I wouldn't wait too long. I'll post when mine comes in to let you know how it comes out!

BTW, the calendars are 30% off too.

Thanks! I guess with those prices it would be worth it regardless. But I'm "the frugalizer" (dd's nickname for me) so I'll wait to see how yours come out!

ItsmeSunnyV
08-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Well I went ahead and placed an order for my 20 prints to be on the safe side, plus I ordered a really cute 4x 6 print book of all my photos from Las Vegas. :) All together with Shipping and tax I spent $14 somethin'. :)

disney_girl
08-25-2007, 08:37 AM
I ordered my prints around midnight on 8/23 and already have my credit this morning! :cooldance:

I did go ahead and get the 20 free prints since I have soooo much to get caught up on!

speechteachri
08-25-2007, 08:44 AM
I got my credit too!:cooldance:

maggiec
08-25-2007, 08:48 AM
I just wanted to share that I have tried every single photo company offered on SR over the past few months. The only one I have not received pics yet from is Clark (just did that one last week). Sony Image Station has by far been my favorite. They were excellent quality and arrived super fast. I think I ordered on a Monday and they were in my mailbox Thursday!!!:cooldance: I was planning to switch to using them all the time once I had tried all the different photo companies. Sad to see them go.:(

ItsmeSunnyV
08-25-2007, 02:06 PM
:dollarsign:Credit Received Already!! Woo Hoo!! :dollarsign:

StitchandPooh'smom
08-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Do you have to make your $5 or more purchase at the same time you sign up, or just be sure to go back through the SR link? I signed up today, but I didn't have my pictures ready to be uploaded and closed the browser without ordering. I'm hoping to order tomorrow before they drop their program!

Thank you!

ItsmeSunnyV
08-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Do you have to make your $5 or more purchase at the same time you sign up, or just be sure to go back through the SR link? I signed up today, but I didn't have my pictures ready to be uploaded and closed the browser without ordering. I'm hoping to order tomorrow before they drop their program!

Thank you!

aww man, I'm not sure, I probably wouldn't have signed up until I had my photos ready to be on the safe side. But I'm not sure.

StitchandPooh'smom
08-25-2007, 09:16 PM
aww man, I'm not sure, I probably wouldn't have signed up until I had my photos ready to be on the safe side. But I'm not sure.

Thanks! I had planned to do it all while the browser was still open, but the kids got hungry. How inconvenient is that? :rotfl:

I need to order some pictures anyway, so I guess if I get the credit, it will be a nice surprise. I wonder if I could use a different e-mail?

speechteachri
08-25-2007, 10:35 PM

Thank you!

Thanks! I had planned to do it all while the browser was still open, but the kids got hungry. How inconvenient is that? :rotfl:

I need to order some pictures anyway, so I guess if I get the credit, it will be a nice surprise. I wonder if I could use a different e-mail?

I am having the same issue right now with the shutterfly offer. I signed up planning to make a purchase, but then I got busy with something and never got to place the order. When I finally got back to the computer I was hoping that by some odd chance my membership wouldn't have gone through, but dang, it did, and now I think I missed out on the (SM) shutterfly first purchase for new member offer.

cglaura
08-26-2007, 07:22 AM
I ordered my prints around midnight on 8/23 and already have my credit this morning! :cooldance:

I did go ahead and get the 20 free prints since I have soooo much to get caught up on!

I ordered on 8/23 11:15pm, no credit. Guess you had to get the free 20 prints. :( Wish that would have been more clearly stated if so. But then again, I didn't need them now so probably wouldn't have ordered anyway! Oh well, hope they are nice frame worthy prints. I need an updated 8x10 the last one is of dd at age 10 :rotfl: