PDA

View Full Version : Ever Participated In A Fridge Swap?

Kittykat
08-24-2007, 02:46 PM
(And aren't you glad I didn't spell it "frig"? :p )

After hunting high and low for a POP fridge swap I finally found some people that are willing to start a new one--and stupid ole me "volunteered" to help set it up.

So I'm looking for any advice on how to make this thing run smoothly...any suggestions?

Please?! :rotfl:

bbangel
08-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I did one for my trip last year.

A list was started and the first person arriving was tasked to buy the fridge. Those early in the swap sent the buyer a small amount for the purchase. Swappers connected with those before and after them on the list and were responsible for arranging transfer. Packing tape, pen and paper were left with the fridge in the event that it had to be left with Guest Services. Both my handovers were person to person. We connected over the resort phone system and arranged a convenient time when we arrived/departed.
The key thing is to not have a gap of more than 2 weeks as Guest Servives won't guarantee to keep your box that long. And keep the original box and useful packing material to repackage the fridge as that will lessen the chance of damage.

Hope that helps.

Kycha
08-24-2007, 08:40 PM
I read that there were problems with swaps getting another swaps fridge. So, maybe paint something distinctive on the fridge so there is no doubt which fridge is yours. And then maybe post a pic of the fridge so people can recognize it.

bbangel
08-24-2007, 10:26 PM
I read that there were problems with swaps getting another swaps fridge. So, maybe paint something distinctive on the fridge so there is no doubt which fridge is yours. And then maybe post a pic of the fridge so people can recognize it.

The key is to also clearly label who it is for. Use a plastic sheet protector and then people can slip the next person's name in the sheet and it won't get lost.

Kittykat
08-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh, good points. I never thought about the fridges getting swapped...

I've started a new swap on the BB on the DIS and holy cow, are they a lot of work! I hope it works out, I've been in contact with two other posters so even if just the three of us swap, I think we'll still come out for the better.

Thanks for the advice, I will certainly put it to good use!