PDA

View Full Version : More Offer Cancellations

SunshineGirl
05-14-2007, 04:14 PM
I've been notified today about a significant number of offers being cancelled today. This should be across all rewards programs.

Get Rich with Google
Consumer Incentive Promotions (CIP)
My Premium Rewards (MPR)
MyChoiceRewards (MCR)
Product Opinion Panel (POP)
Your Smart Rewards (YSR)
My Select Gifts (MSG)

The reason given by the advertisers was fraud for all of them.

wilsonfamily4
05-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Wow, that is alot of offers going bye bye.

January
05-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Thank you for letting us know. I am really glad that I didn't sign up for any of those.:)

SunshineGirl
05-14-2007, 07:56 PM
I just got an email from ANOTHER big advertiser saying that they had a seminar today about weeding out fraudulent rewards sites from their programs. (Fortunately, she considers us a "good egg.") The two suggestions she gave me were to only allow US members and not to pay out by Paypal.

At this point, I can't see a reason to disallow my Canadian traffic. I may just have to be more careful to mark which of my offers allow Canadian signups. I think the fraud they are seeing is from other countries.

But it's now the second advertiser in a week that has mentioned the Paypal-fraud correlation. That worries me. I try to keep a close eye on our Paypal cashouts. I'm going to talk to them a little bit more about what they think might help us to keep the paypal option but not have to worry so much about fraud.

wilsonfamily4
05-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I would really be disappointed to lose the paypal option. I like to be able to cash out 25-65 dollars a month through paypal as I am saving for Christmas. I just don't want gift cards at this time. I am not saving for disney yet so that is not an option for me. Maybe if you had like a maximum of 50 or so dollars a month. Anyway just my 2 cents. I know you have to do what you have to to keep your site growing and THRIVING so I know you may have to drop paypal but just thought I would pipe in!

SunshineGirl
05-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I've been thinking of some of these options:

1) Maximum of $50 in Paypal cashouts a month
2) All Paypals done 15 days after the end of the month (after advertisers have had a chance to purge any fraudulent transactions
3) Requiring some kind of manual phone number verification by me

???

There has to be some way to keep it alive for members who I know that I can trust. And there are a lot of offers that they do not care if people cash out for paypal. The Daily Surveys are a perfect example. I think the biggest problems are the trials. Like the ones where you pay for shipping and handling and then can cancel and make 2-3 times back what you paid. I think those are the ones where they are seeing a lot of fraud.

On the plus side, advertisers cracking down on this stuff should take away the incentive that the current "bad guys" have of stealing credit card numbers to do rewards programs and then cash out quick. I guess that would be the silver lining.

I'm going to keep talking to the advertisers. I would think that there has to be SOME kind of verification that I can do that will allow me to keep paypal at least in some form. I would hate to lose it, too. And there are other rewards programs that it would literally put out of business. So I know there has to be something we can do.

SunshineGirl
05-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Here's the newest list of offers being cancelled. Get them while you can!

- Cooking Club Magazine of America- Bill Me Later

- PGA Tours Club Magazine- Bill Me Later

- Gardening Club of America- Bill Me Later

- Today's Creative Home and Arts Magazine Club- Bill Me Later

- Today's Health and Wellness Magazine- Bill Me Later

m 'n c
05-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Do the magazine offers take a while to credit? I tried 2 which I was interested in anyway but haven't seen them come through yet. Just curious.

as much as I hate other sites that do the once a month payouts it might be helpful here if advertisers are going to start pulling offers :( Maybe a once a month cashout would be a good solution.

SunshineGirl
05-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Do the magazine offers take a while to credit? I tried 2 which I was interested in anyway but haven't seen them come through yet. Just curious.

as much as I hate other sites that do the once a month payouts it might be helpful here if advertisers are going to start pulling offers :( Maybe a once a month cashout would be a good solution.

Check out the new thread that I just started. You may be right. :(

The good news is that these were NOT pulled only from my site but from all incentive sites. We actually get to incentivize offers at SR that other sites are not allowed to incentivize because we have a good track record.

The magazines are crediting within about 2 hours. But it seems like the closer the advertisers get to pulling offers, the less that we see them credit and the less that they care to help us on them.

m 'n c
05-15-2007, 04:33 PM
The magazines are crediting within about 2 hours. But it seems like the closer the advertisers get to pulling offers, the less that we see them credit and the less that they care to help us on them.

I kinda figured this might be the case but since I am on a new heath and wellness kick as well as cooking again I figured if nothing else I might enjoy these two magazines and its worth a shot if they can credit. :)

~Kathie
05-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Can't find them......they must be gone already.

I did them all except the Garden one and figured my DH would like that magazine so wanted to try it. We also order magazines for the restaurant and our current subscritions are running out. So.....I might keep these at $12 for the year.

mollyeilis
05-15-2007, 10:40 PM
re: the magazines...I think they'd been pulling themselves away even last week. I signed up for the home arts one at least a week ago (already have the invoice) and never got credit. Then signed up for the health and wellness one, and didn't get credit. And I WANTED those magazines! Sure, I cancelled the golf one b/c I realized DH is never going to be in to golf, but I kept the Cooking mag and wanted those other two, but it just IRKS me that they never credited. harumph.

Of course, if they'd actually sent a magazine, rather than just an invoice (like Martha Stewart does, sends a magazine WITH the invoice), they might have seen more people sticking with it! Might want to suggest that to them. :)

re: paypal...what is it about paypal that worries the advertisers? I don't understand that.