PDA

View Full Version : Disney Resort in DC??

SunshineGirl
05-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Did anyone watch the video at the bottom of the forum? It just happened to catch my eye. Looks like Disney might be building a resort in DC. That seems kind of weird.... Wonder if it will be a new DVC? Or just a hotel? Or conference space??

Hedy
05-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Given the fate of Disney's America (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney's_America), I'm not holding my breath. JMO

PSL1013
05-20-2009, 12:12 PM
This was just on our local news a few minutes ago that Disney had purchased land in Maryland...maybe this is what you heard?

Walt Disney Co. has purchased land for a 500-room hotel at the National Harbor development in Prince George's County.

Disney and the Peterson Companies, the developer of National Harbor, announced the $11 million acquisition Tuesday. The companies say the project being considered for the 15-acre parcel is not a theme park.

Rather, it is one in a new line of stand-alone "resort hotels," the first of which is under construction in Hawaii.

Disney's move to Washington's tourism market comes more than a decade after the company canceled plans to build a theme park near the Manassas, Va., Civil War battlefield.

SunshineGirl
05-20-2009, 12:30 PM
That's exactly what it is. Isn't the one in Hawaii DVC?

PSL1013
05-20-2009, 12:44 PM
That's exactly what it is. Isn't the one in Hawaii DVC?

yes it is....they don't say this one in Maryland is but I bet it is? This new one would be a lot closer to where I live but no Mickey, horrors!! I need the theme park! :rotfl:

bbangel
05-20-2009, 01:52 PM
The one in Hawaii is a mix of hotel and DVC. I imagine this one would be the same.