PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Explorer 8.0

OhMari
05-25-2009, 08:07 AM
I hate VISTA.

I cannot turn on my desk top computer, the actual switch is broke. My dh is letting me use his old lap top, which is relatively new, because it has VISTA for an operating system. When I log off and close the laptop down, VISTA automatically will do updates on it's own without asking.

So now I have Microsoft Explorer 8.0 to go on-line.
The only problem is the forums scroll down real slow and
I can't do survey's.
I keep getting a message that survey's are not set up for Explorer 8.0. I hope Greenfield updates soon.

spring
05-25-2009, 08:13 AM
I hate VISTA.

I cannot turn on my desk top computer, the actual switch is broke. My dh is letting me use his old lap top, which is relatively new, because it has VISTA for an operating system. When I log off and close the laptop down, VISTA automatically will do updates on it's own without asking.

So now I have Microsoft Explorer 8.0 to go on-line.
The only problem is the forums scroll down real slow and
I can't do survey's.
I keep getting a message that survey's are not set up for Explorer 8.0. I hope Greenfield updates soon.

Sorry you are having so many problems. I just got a new laptop three weeks ago with both both Vista and IE 8.0 and have only gotten the "not set up for Explorer 8.0" message once. My surveys seem to be crediting, and the paid offers credit no more or less than before I got my new laptop. I'm not having any problems with slow scrolling in the forums, either. I'm wondering if your laptop has some setting that needs to be adjusted?

askomsky
05-25-2009, 08:28 AM
I love Vista now that i'm used to it ( a year) and there is a way to revert back to IE 7. I tried 8 and hated it so I went back to 7.

arob414
05-25-2009, 10:52 AM
I have Vista and like it pretty well, I think because I just like changing things up. Don't like all the messages it gives me telling me I can't do this or that.

I used IE8 for several months, while it was still beta, but switched back just recently. I thought it might have something to do with my lack of credits. However, I have decided that has more to do with certain companies, ie modpath. Gotten lazy with surveys but didn't have any problem with them.

I do like aspects of IE8, like being able to highlight a word and right click to google it.

lkturner
05-25-2009, 11:08 AM
I love Vista now that i'm used to it ( a year) and there is a way to revert back to IE 7. I tried 8 and hated it so I went back to 7.

Me too!

pattip03
05-25-2009, 05:21 PM
I don't have any problems with Vista but I'm not too sure about IE 8. Since I got IE 8 I am having very little luck with offers. The surveys are mostly OK but I do get the Greenfield message occasionally about not working with IE 8. I did have some luck during crazy credits by using Firefox. You could try Firefox that way you don't have to mess around with IE 8. Good Luck! Now if I could just qualify daily for surveys I might have a chance at super member. It's not looking good at all! :cry:

OhMari
05-25-2009, 05:42 PM
How can you go back to 7?

lkturner
05-25-2009, 06:40 PM
How can you go back to 7?

They were very sneaky by making it an automaticUPDATEso you can't just go to Programs/Add/Remove to get rid of it. Instead, you have to go to your update history and click delete update. I believe that's what I did and I was left with my original IE7. If this doesn't help, just google it, and you'll find lots of people in the same boat and someone will have an answer to help you.