PDA

View Full Version : Offers Crediting?

dcanoli1
08-30-2007, 09:20 AM
I had a free day yesterday, so I did about ten little offers. Yes, I know that may be the problem, but here's what I did and none of them have credited in the last 24 hours:

Red Lobster
ACOP
Consumer Expressions
ECN
Emarket Opinions
M&M Dark Chocolate
Home Paid Surveys
Lightspeed Research
Valued Opinions
Internet Survey Panel
Maybelle Volume Mascara

I cleared all my cookies before each one, and I try to keep meticulous records, so I don't think I repeated any of them.

Also, I tried to go through the forum and see which ones WERE crediting for people, thinking that would give me a little bit more insurance they would credit.

Has anyone else tried any of these offers in the past day or two and had them credit?

I'm taking today "off" from offers since I did so many yesterday.

Thanks girls!

jnorth1007
08-30-2007, 09:51 AM
The majority of those were one shot memberships. Survey clubs and such. Many of these also show up as offers on the freebie offers. Sometimes you will end up in their database just by doing a freebie offer. My best suggestion would be to wait a few days and then try again with a completely new email address. If that doesnt work then it would seem that there is something on your computer system that is tracking you or capturing your cookies. I would run AVG or some other program that checks for spyware and tracking cookies. There really isn't a reason for these not to credit except that you are in their system somehow or that your cookies are being captured by them because they are being deleted before they can get it. Make sure you aren't clearing cookies too quick. I usually do an offer and click the confirmation email and then clear cookies when the offer credits. You may have deleted the cookies before they could get to them. HTH!

dcanoli1
08-30-2007, 10:02 AM
OMG! Are you kidding me?

Everybody (and everything I've read) has told me to clear the cookies BEFORE you do an offer!

Good grief! I wonder if that's what is happening...though I do have to say I use this method on another site, and those offers are crediting....hmmmm.....

I do have several spyware programs that I run diligently on my PC, so I don't think it's any of that, but maybe I'll try the not deleting cookies thing next time I do a round of offers.

Thanks for the tip! Deb

m 'n c
08-30-2007, 10:06 AM
You might be doing them too fast. I would give Janet's method a try. Do an offer or two and wait until it credits then clear and do some more. Otherwise you run the risk of doing too many at once and it doesn't matter how often or when you clear your cookies the advertisers will notice and not pay you for the offers you did. Also some of those might be manual uploads and with Tricia being gone for part of yesterday there could be some delay in crediting. Just give them a few days before doing anything with them again.

jnorth1007
08-30-2007, 10:11 AM
I do clear cookies before doing an offer but the way I do it is to clear cookies in the morning before I do anything. Then I will do one or two offers and wait for those to credit. Then when those credit I will clear again IF I am doing offers that are similar. Since you did several survey clubs in one day that could be the problem. You didnt wait for the first one to credit, then clear your cookies and then do another one. Because these are one shot deals if you joined any of these "clubs" on another site you also wont get credit because they will already have your info. HTH!

dcanoli1
08-30-2007, 10:12 AM
That was sort of my feeling too--some of those were really short and easy, and before I knew it, I'd done a whole bunch of them!

If they don't credit....I'll catch 'em again another time!

Thanks!

dcanoli1
08-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I didn't join these clubs on other sites; I'm pretty good about keeping records.

I might miss one here and there, but I try pretty hard not to duplicate any of them.

I like your method, and obviously, it has merit to it. Since I'm taking a day or two off from offers (because of my backlog yesterday), I'll try it next go 'round.

Thanks girls!

m 'n c
08-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I didn't join these clubs on other sites; I'm pretty good about keeping records.

I might miss one here and there, but I try pretty hard not to duplicate any of them.

I like your method, and obviously, it has merit to it. Since I'm taking a day or two off from offers (because of my backlog yesterday), I'll try it next go 'round.

Thanks girls!

I think what Janet is trying to say is that sometimes in these survey club offers they ask if you want to join another program. Ie. If you are doing Lightspeed they might have a page of "special offers" and on that they might have Valued Opinions. So you might not pay attention and say yes to signing up for valued opinions. Thus if you next tried them you won't get credit.

Its not that you are doing them on another gpt site but you might be doing them via a freebie offer and not knowing.

tarheelpat
08-30-2007, 10:39 AM
I got some of those recently and they came in over night instead of immediately. Maybe some of them will come through in the next day or two.

I feel your pain, though, as getting my old "pendings" credited has ground to a halt for me. I've not got any credited in a couple days.

dcanoli1
08-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the advice.

It IS frustrating trying to get all the kinks worked out.

Normally, I do not hit any of the "yes" buttons, unless they say you have to pick one, and then, I'll pick a free joke newsletter or something of that sort....never joining another survey club, etc.

Usually, it's "no" or "skip." Know that feeling?

Anyway...it's all moot now....next time I try, I think I'll try and do the cookie suggestion from Janet.

Weluvdisny
08-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I had the same problem. I a couple last night including MID, which always credit for me, and received nothing yet.

SunshineGirl
08-30-2007, 01:05 PM
I had the same problem. I a couple last night including MID, which always credit for me, and received nothing yet.

That is definitely wrong because I don't even think that they are looking at most of the data on these when they give credits. Are you sure that you don't have any kind of spyware running on your system? Or a firewall that is actually blocking the cookies?

Weluvdisny
08-30-2007, 01:15 PM
I've been getting credits great recently, until last night. I didn't add anything to my computer.

dcanoli1
08-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Same here...no spyware that I'm aware of...been running my spyware programs the past few days....and things were credited a few days ago.

Not sure what is going on...cookies or what....

Thanks for looking into it!