PDA

View Full Version : Question about all of the "free gift card" type offers

lkat
06-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I've been trying to do a few of the offers a day and have a question about certain types of offers...

For the ones that say things like "free gift card"-- I'm not interested in the free gift cards or free items that they offer b/c I realize that they want you to sign up for several services that you must pay for. But I do fill out the info. they initially want and answer the questions on all of the screens for other offers they have.

However, then they end up on the "silver" "gold" or "platinum" offers that you must pay for or you can't progress any further into the site. At this point, I just "X" out of the site which says "Congratulations" at the top of it. All these offers DO say "no purchase necessary" on them, so am I assuming that I should be getting credit for answering all their questions and staying on the site up until the point where you would HAVE to make a purchase????

I'm asking b/c I've noticed that I haven't received credit for ANY of these types of offers I've tried, and just want to know whether or not I am just wasting my time with these types since I don't want to pay for the current services that are being offered...

Thanks for any help you can give me...hope this question's in the right place!

askomsky
06-23-2009, 11:12 AM
I've been trying to do a few of the offers a day and have a question about certain types of offers...

For the ones that say things like "free gift card"-- I'm not interested in the free gift cards or free items that they offer b/c I realize that they want you to sign up for several services that you must pay for. But I do fill out the info. they initially want and answer the questions on all of the screens for other offers they have.

However, then they end up on the "silver" "gold" or "platinum" offers that you must pay for or you can't progress any further into the site. At this point, I just "X" out of the site which says "Congratulations" at the top of it. All these offers DO say "no purchase necessary" on them, so am I assuming that I should be getting credit for answering all their questions and staying on the site up until the point where you would HAVE to make a purchase????

I'm asking b/c I've noticed that I haven't received credit for ANY of these types of offers I've tried, and just want to know whether or not I am just wasting my time with these types since I don't want to pay for the current services that are being offered...

Thanks for any help you can give me...hope this question's in the right place!

Your correct in what your doing for these offers, but you need to check for confirmation emails also. Some of the offers will send the follow up email to verify the email address is correct. Also once your email and info is in their system you tend to get less to credit. What a lot of us have found is to get a gmail account every so often.

HTH

Love2Shop
06-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Also, you need to clear cookies before you do an offer and then clear them again after the offer credits, before you do another (especially if you are doing offers from the same company).

fanofree
06-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Not that I have a lot of luck....

But, I always look at some of the silver, gold and platinum offers as well as what is outlined above.