PDA

View Full Version : MK Dessert Party!

ligrumpygirl
06-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Just booked it and can't wait!! The pictures look yummy!!

jenvance
06-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Where did you see pictures?

ligrumpygirl
06-25-2009, 03:18 PM
On the DIS - in the box with the newest news.

speechteachri
06-25-2009, 06:25 PM
I have never heard of this....I will have to ccheck it out!!

Weluvdisny
06-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I saw the pictures too and those desserts look so yummy!! I really want to do this but I think $17.99 pp is alot and my teenage DSs say they can get the All You Can Eat Canyon Skillet from WC for the same price.

Maybe I will make it a girls only treat! Let the boys eat their meat and potatoes but gimme my sugar!!:D

spring
06-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Just booked it and can't wait!! The pictures look yummy!!

My DD booked us for this, too. She sent me the link and I think I gained 5 lbs just for looking! What a neat way to watch the fireworks.

speechteachri
06-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Personally, I think it costs too much as an add on. I don't eat that much dessert that it would be worth our while. I'll stick with getting a mickey ice cream bar and sitting on the sidewalk!

ligrumpygirl
06-28-2009, 10:48 AM
I think it may be worth it to get a good spot for the SpectroMagic parade and fireworks! I don't mind waiting on the sidewalk but I HATE the people who come a minute before and squeeze in next to my kids or better yet in front of them!

Not something I would do everytime but will be fun to try something new!

speechteachri
07-01-2009, 10:14 PM
I know I said I wouldn't spend the money for this, but guess what??? I booked it for our first night! M-I-L will be with us that day and night, and staying overnight with us at CSR. She has never seen Wishes, so we thought it would be fun. We have a Crystal Palace lunch booked that day at 1:00, so I'm thinking we may just split a couple of counter service meals for dinner and fill up on the desserts at the buffet.

Now that I have booked it, I am excited about it!

wickedwitchoware
07-03-2009, 07:59 AM
i am sooo doing this next trip!

m4travels
07-03-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm hoping this continues into the fall as we most certainly would do it. I think the cost is pretty decent (well, we are only 2 people) and the spread certainly looks wonderful.

PSL1013
07-03-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm hoping this continues into the fall as we most certainly would do it. I think the cost is pretty decent (well, we are only 2 people) and the spread certainly looks wonderful.

I'm hoping for the same thing!

Tiggerific711
07-03-2009, 12:41 PM
We booked it for the last night of our trip in August. I'll give us something to look forward to at the end of the trip.

m4travels
08-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Was just reading that this has been extended through October. Those of you on the SR meet, are you thinking about it???

While I previously said I'd do it I'm starting to have second thoughts. Not because of the cost (I did hear it went up, but not sure how much) but because we're just not eating desserts these days. The pictures for it look great and I'm so tempted, but what will my tummy say????

Will these two guys go for it or will they forego it???

mjjmbnmm
08-27-2009, 07:55 PM
the price went up to $23.42 for adults and $12.77 for kids :headache:

speechteachri
08-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Wow...that stinks that they raised the price...they must have realized how much people were enjoying it. That's too bad.

We just did the dessert party on the first night of our trip. We went on Monday the 17th. We were able to see most of the Spectro floats...at least the tops, but not great viewing for that. The viewing for Wishes was great though!

The desserts and drinks were plentiful and varied, and we all left very, very full!

We loved it and were glad to have the chance to go! It was a great way to start off our trip!

spring
08-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Wow...that stinks that they raised the price...they must have realized how much people were enjoying it. That's too bad.

We just did the dessert party on the first night of our trip. We went on Monday the 17th. We were able to see most of the Spectro floats...at least the tops, but not great viewing for that. The viewing for Wishes was great though!

The desserts and drinks were plentiful and varied, and we all left very, very full!

We loved it and were glad to have the chance to go! It was a great way to start off our trip!

Leslie, we were there the following Saturday. I agree, the desserts were awesome, however the littlest one started to conk out and we knew she wouldn't make it to the fireworks. We left at 9:50PM, made our way quickly to the monorail to get to our hotel, then just watched them from the balcony. Luckily, we got to our room just as the first one or two fireworks went off.

We were only at WDW for that day, after our cruise. Was on the lookout for you, but obviously didn't cross paths.

speechteachri
08-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Hey Pat...that Saturday was our "relax at the resort" and laundry day. We did end up going into MK for a while though, just for a little while before our Hoop-Dee-Doo ressie. Too bad we didn't cross paths!

How was your cruise??

spring
08-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Hey Pat...that Saturday was our "relax at the resort" and laundry day. We did end up going into MK for a while though, just for a little while before our Hoop-Dee-Doo ressie. Too bad we didn't cross paths!

How was your cruise??

We spent the entire day in MK. It's a big place, though. Our cruise was great (1st time on the Magic), but our Eastern itinerary got changed to Western Caribbean thanks to Hurricaine Bill. We had outstanding weather, though, and double-dipped at Castaway Cay.

PSL1013
08-31-2009, 01:18 PM
I just called to see if any of our nights would be available for the Wishes Dessert Party for the time we are there 10/10-10/18....nope, booked solid! :(

Probably a good thing we can't go though because those desserts looked really yummy and I just saved myself a HUGE amount of calories! :rotfl:

Seeing that this has been very popular, maybe they will continue to offer it?