PDA

View Full Version : What can you use the Disney Gift Cards for?

lkat
07-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Can I use them as payment toward a Disney vacation package or is it something I could only use at the retail stores there? Anyone have any experience using them at places other than the retail stores at Disney? Thanks!

And if this is in the wrong forum...sorry...please move it wherever it would fit best... :o

kimntrent
07-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I use them everywhere there. Some of the carts don't take them but for the most part they take them. Earn away!!

askomsky
07-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Can I use them as payment toward a Disney vacation package or is it something I could only use at the retail stores there? Anyone have any experience using them at places other than the retail stores at Disney? Thanks!

And if this is in the wrong forum...sorry...please move it wherever it would fit best... :o

Yes most I've heard/read on here use them to pay off vacation packages. They say you can either call your TA and have them call to apply or you can call Disney yourself and apply towards your package.

I used mine all over at WDW even the small carts that some mention may be a problem and I never had any issues.

~Kathie
07-02-2009, 10:58 PM
I've used mine all over property, at restaurants, shops and the carts. The only time I had issues with a cart is when the weather wasn't great. The carts use wireless and the connections can be iffy. I have even used it on the Disney Cruise lines to pay off my ship board account.

I used my last gift card I cashed out for ($500) to pay for the dining plan for us when we went in June. So we ate and ate and ate thanks to Sunshine Rewards!! :D

speechteachri
07-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Well, I used a $200 GC to pay for my downpayment on my trip...then I just used another $350 (I think) in GC's to pay down my balance so there wouldn't be so much charged on my CC.

Giftcards are great!

I have also used them in the past for restaurants at WDW, and also souvies on our trips.

They are also good at the Disney Store.

3dog2kidmom
07-03-2009, 11:23 AM

I've mostly used mine to pay off vacation packages, and on DCL to pay my shipboard account and even book another cruise!

wickedwitchoware
07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
ive also used the everywhere in the world,especially for the grey goose slushies!!:cheers:

PSL1013
07-06-2009, 06:40 PM
ive also used the everywhere in the world,especially for the grey goose slushies!!:cheers:

hmmm, and where would THESE be found? :angel:

Love2Shop
07-06-2009, 07:12 PM
hmmm, and where would THESE be found? :angel:

There is a stand in France, right near Chefs de France. They are delicious, but I like the Grand Marnier slushies better!

PSL1013
07-06-2009, 08:18 PM
There is a stand in France, right near Chefs de France. They are delicious, but I like the Grand Marnier slushies better!

Thanks, I've seen those Grand Marnier ones and I plan to try one this coming trip in October, they do sound better to me too.

wickedwitchoware
07-07-2009, 08:12 AM
the grand mariner slushies were too strong, granted i was drinking it at 10:30 in the morning!!!:rolleyes:

mollyeilis
07-07-2009, 01:20 PM
disneygiftcard dot com is a helpful resource. :)

lkat
07-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks everyone!!! I'm hoping to put a little dent in our package the next time we book it and also have some $$ for souvenirs...I didn't think of the slushes...hmmmm:D

wickedwitchoware
07-08-2009, 08:42 AM
might as well get a lapu lapu while youre at it!:banana: