PDA

View Full Version : Firefox or IE8

faithhope
07-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I've been using IE7 with fairly good results.... windows is now bugging me to upgrade to IE8... should I upgrade, or switch?

What are you using to do offers?? are your results pretty good??

I figure I'll have to set it to allow third party cookies no matter which browser I choose... anything else?

spring
07-08-2009, 05:23 PM
I've been using IE7 with fairly good results.... windows is now bugging me to upgrade to IE8... should I upgrade, or switch?

What are you using to do offers?? are your results pretty good??

I figure I'll have to set it to allow third party cookies no matter which browser I choose... anything else?

I upgraded it IE8 and think it is a pain. There are a few surveys that don't recognize IE8, but not many.

askomsky
07-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I upgraded a while back and hated it so much I went back to IE7 which is where I'm still at. :sunshine:

PSL1013
07-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I refuse to upgrade too...I figured why mess with something that is working fine for me.

sammielynn
07-08-2009, 05:59 PM
I had IE7 upgraded and hate it. Can't use IE8 for stuff from my school. I also have firefox and use it most. How in the world do you go back to IE7?

askomsky
07-08-2009, 06:13 PM
I had IE7 upgraded and hate it. Can't use IE8 for stuff from my school. I also have firefox and use it most. How in the world do you go back to IE7?

Here ya go, I had to email Microsoft to get the info.

Hello April,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Customer Service.

I understand that you would like to install Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta and revert to Internet Explorer 7 on your Windows Vista computer.

Please visit the link provided below to uninstall Windows Internet Explorer 8:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

For more information on Internet Explorer 8 Beta, please visit the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787

Internet Explorer 8 is a beta version of Internet Explorer. Microsoft has a dedicated team to handle Internet Explorer 8 Beta installation and setup support. Microsoft provides no-charge installation and usage support for Internet Explorer 8. You can contact them by visiting the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=12357

April, I hope the above information is helpful and the issue is resolved soon. If you have other concerns, please feel free to contact us back.

Thank you,

Ravi
Microsoft Customer Service Representative

speechteachri
07-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Ihave IE8, and besides the issue during the scavenger hunt here which drove me nuts for 2 days...I also had trouble getting into a survey a couple of days ago...The survey was not set up for IE8. I was thinking about downloading safari...any recommendations between that and firefox?

m 'n c
07-08-2009, 07:25 PM
I remember quite a few people had issues with IE8 not too long ago so I'd probably stay at IE7 if you are doing fine. I sometimes do offers/shopping in Firefox and I have had mixed results. Quite a bit of my shopping in the last few months didn't credit and I had to open up TTs and I had a spell where freebies weren't crediting. I'm not sure if it was a FF issue or IE6 which I finally upgraded from. Since the switch to IE7 I've had no issues.

I surf using FF and do my offers/shopping through IE7 now.

fanofree
07-08-2009, 08:18 PM

I see the link to unistall 8 - will 7 still be there? Or where to I get it? Sorry, I'm confused!

As for the OP - run, do not walk, away from any invitation to go to IE8. It is evil.

faithhope
07-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks so much for all your replies. I'll ignore the upgrade button and stay with IE7 which has worked well for me.

I just got a little worried when the eversave offer didn't credit...when they usually do for me... I think I'll do a scan on my machine tonigh to make sure I don't have a cookie hiding.

TxAggies
07-09-2009, 11:12 AM

Thanks so much for posting this link!!! I have successfully removed IE8, which I loathed and regreted "upgrading" to, and am now happily back with the old IE7.

askomsky
07-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Ihave IE8, and besides the issue during the scavenger hunt here which drove me nuts for 2 days...I also had trouble getting into a survey a couple of days ago...The survey was not set up for IE8. I was thinking about downloading safari...any recommendations between that and firefox?

I agree with Cate, if IE8 is giving you problems go back to IE7 with the link I provided. I'm glad to hear it still works bc that was back on 12/2/08 that I did it and asked to convert back. The issues I hear with Safari and Firefox is mainly survey's not being completed. For SR purposes I think IE7 is the best thing going.

I remember quite a few people had issues with IE8 not too long ago so I'd probably stay at IE7 if you are doing fine. I sometimes do offers/shopping in Firefox and I have had mixed results. Quite a bit of my shopping in the last few months didn't credit and I had to open up TTs and I had a spell where freebies weren't crediting. I'm not sure if it was a FF issue or IE6 which I finally upgraded from. Since the switch to IE7 I've had no issues.

I surf using FF and do my offers/shopping through IE7 now.

I still with IE7 and have only tried FF for a few offers, bc it works! Your so right.... :sunshine:

I see the link to unistall 8 - will 7 still be there? Or where to I get it? Sorry, I'm confused!

As for the OP - run, do not walk, away from any invitation to go to IE8. It is evil.

Just click on the links provided if I remember correctly it just automatically de-installed 8 and re-installed 7 without me needing to do anything else.

Thanks so much for posting this link!!! I have successfully removed IE8, which I loathed and regreted "upgrading" to, and am now happily back with the old IE7.

Whoo hoo! Glad it worked! I love IE7 and will go to 8 once all the bugs are worked out and I have no other choice.

faithhope
12-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Just wanted to say thanks again... I got a new-to-me-computer that came with IE8...so thanks April for posting how to get back to IE7