PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 Posts Means 10, 10, and 10 (Chatter)

missangie
07-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Okay, apparently Tricia is a BIG talker because her post count is quickly approaching 10,000 posts! In honor of the BIG event, she's ready to put her money where her mouth is with a 10, 10, and 10 contest!

Here's how it will work:

1. Watch Tricia's post count closely! I mean very, very closely!!

2. As soon as she gets to 10,000 posts, the contest will begin.

3. A contest thread will be started.

4. For 10 hours after the contest thread begins, you will get to post your SR credits in that thread. Everything is allowed with the exception of paid clicks, emails, and scratch offs. That means offers, surveys, and shopping are all included! Offers and Surveys must credit to be eligible. Shopping purchases can be entered, but are subject to verfication.

5. For every 10 posts, we will choose one winner to earn a 10% bonus on the winning post! That means we could have lots of winners!!

So, are you ready? She only has 23 posts to go (or she did last time I checked)! :rotfl:

Good Luck!

SunshineGirl
07-14-2009, 05:37 PM
The more things in the forum that there are for me to respond to, the more I will be posting. :)

secretmoney
07-14-2009, 07:50 PM
SoTricia, what's new? anything that you want to talk about?

SunshineGirl
07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
SoTricia, what's new? anything that you want to talk about?

Yes! The big stinkin' hornet nest that we just discovered hanging from a tree in our front yard!! It's seriously scary. Like almost as big as a bowling ball. And SG mowed right under it last night and never noticed!

disney_girl
07-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Yes! The big stinkin' hornet nest that we just discovered hanging from a tree in our front yard!! It's seriously scary. Like almost as big as a bowling ball. And SG mowed right under it last night and never noticed!

I saw that on FB- that nest is HUGE...I think I would have to go with a professional to move that sucker! I can just imagine you trying to do it and making whatever that is very angry! :eek:

secretmoney
07-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Please be careful especially with kids

Hedy
07-14-2009, 08:28 PM
I loved that video you put on facebook-where did you say you got it from?

StitchandPooh'smom
07-14-2009, 08:55 PM
The more things in the forum that there are for me to respond to, the more I will be posting. :)

I had a question about the new SM offer if you want to hop over to that thread and use up a post. :)

Scary news about the hornet's nest! DH uncovered one in a bush once while weeding - he is allergic so his arm started swelling - scary stuff! :eek:

SunshineGirl
07-14-2009, 09:33 PM
I loved that video you put on facebook-where did you say you got it from?

The Weird Al one from MySpace? My brain is fried. But I think that was the last one that I put up. My favorite picture was the one of the guy climbing up and the tour guide always says he'll "get it in the end." LOL!

fourfoxesinpa
07-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Can someone win more than once? Thanks.

SunshineGirl
07-14-2009, 10:22 PM

I'll have to let Angie answer that one.

OhMari
07-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I hit 10,000 posts on the DIS.
I was feeling funny about it, and went and closed down 2 trip reports I did, so that lowered my count down again.
But I hit 10,000 eventually-it took me 9 years, 3 months.
If Tricia started her forum in 2006, she will have accomplished 10,000 in 3 years.

Hmmm, what question would I have for Tricia.
Did your family ever go to that water park in Indiana, I think it is in Christmas Indiana?

SunshineGirl
07-15-2009, 07:49 AM
I hit 10,000 posts on the DIS.
I was feeling funny about it, and went and closed down 2 trip reports I did, so that lowered my count down again.
But I hit 10,000 eventually-it took me 9 years, 3 months.
If Tricia started her forum in 2006, she will have accomplished 10,000 in 3 years.

Hmmm, what question would I have for Tricia.
Did your family ever go to that water park in Indiana, I think it is in Christmas Indiana?

Holiday World and Splashin' Safari? Yep! We haven't gone too much because it's actually easier to get to King's Island in Cincinnati, so we tend to go there every year. But it's a really nice family amusement park.

sammielynn
07-15-2009, 07:54 AM
I have just read this thread. Tricia, your counter has not changed in the entire thing.

OhMari
07-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Holiday World and Splashin' Safari? Yep! We haven't gone too much because it's actually easier to get to King's Island in Cincinnati, so we tend to go there every year. But it's a really nice family amusement park.

I knew it had to do with Christmas or some kind of a Season. I saw the bill board signs when we drove the long way down to Kentucky-the flat lands of Illinois. Then the following week, I saw the water park on the Travel channel.

missangie
07-15-2009, 08:12 AM

Absolutely! The more you post, the greater the chance!!

missangie
07-15-2009, 08:13 AM
I have just read this thread. Tricia, your counter has not changed in the entire thing.

The only time the counter changes is after each new post! No matter which post you look at, it will show the current post count. Make sense?

fourfoxesinpa
07-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Tricia - are you holding out until 10:00 to make that final post? :p If so, I have at LEAST 10 boxes that I can unpack in my new kitchen. ;)

lkat
07-15-2009, 09:47 AM
So since GF surveys won't post until after the 10 hrs. are over for today...If our GF credit from yesterday credits after Tricia makes her 10,000th, will that count for the contest or does it have to be something that we actually complete AND credits during that 10 hr. period?

Hope I explained that quasi ok... :)

SunshineGirl
07-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Tricia - are you holding out until 10:00 to make that final post? :p If so, I have at LEAST 10 boxes that I can unpack in my new kitchen. ;)

I wasn't planning on it, but you did give me an idea!! I should eat my oatmeal before it gets cold.

missangie
07-15-2009, 09:54 AM
So since GF surveys won't post until after the 10 hrs. are over for today...If our GF credit from yesterday credits after Tricia makes her 10,000th, will that count for the contest or does it have to be something that we actually complete AND credits during that 10 hr. period?

Hope I explained that quasi ok... :)

Oh Lucky Day!! We'll let you enter with anything that POSTS OR PENDS during the contest period. So, if you did the survey or shopping yesterday and it posts or pends today during the contest, you may enter it!!

askomsky
07-15-2009, 11:16 AM
A little clarification please....... :D

This is anything that posts AFTER the contest started which would have been 10am? I ask bc I saw several offers that came off of pending today in the contest thread and I had 3 of them myself but they were there this morning at 6am when I logged in. I just want to clarify before I go and add my three. They did post today but as far as I know it was in the early hours of the morning.

Thanks!

~Kathie
07-15-2009, 11:17 AM

This is anything that posts AFTER the contest started which would have been 10am? I ask bc I saw several offers that came off of pending today in the contest thread and I had 3 of them myself but they were there this morning at 6am when I logged in. I just want to clarify before I go and add my three. They did post today but as far as I know it was in the early hours of the morning.

Thanks!

I was wondering this too!!! Thanks!

faithhope
07-15-2009, 11:19 AM
looks like 25 posts in the first hour... so maybe 250 posts in 10 hours... and 25 winners...that is my prediction :)

I was suppose to do a major clean on the house today... any excuses I can give my guests tomorrow about why my house is so messy?? :D
Guess I'll tell the truth... too busy playing in the sunshine to clean my house!

Time to see what I got credit for and try some more offers.

arob414
07-15-2009, 11:36 AM
I am actually at my aunt and uncle's house for a visit. They just got fast internet service and I was just checking in while tuning my aunt's computer. She has had one for a long time but due to dial up and a very busy life, she doesn't get on alot. Grace was teaching her all about Face Book, last night. Great way to stay in touch with family.

Anyway, I think I am going to be in competition with Grace and Anna for the computer. Anna is with Uncle Bill but Grace is still asleep. Do I wake her up or do I keep having fun? :rotfl:

missangie
07-15-2009, 11:38 AM

Thanks!

Yes, credit must post AFTER the beginning of the contest. All winning entries will be verified. Winning shopping entries for purchases made today will be verified when the credit is awarded.

~Kathie
07-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks Angie for answering that question. I just did a Vista Print Note Card offer. Should I wait until it pends to post?

I just re-read the rules. Offers have to pend by the deadline tonight or we can't include them.

faithhope
07-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Is the Vista Print Tote a manual credit?? or will it show up at the top of the hour??

~Kathie
07-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Is the Vista Print Tote a manual credit?? or will it show up at the top of the hour??

I did that offer a few weeks ago and it took a couple of days to pend. I love my tote!!!

kimntrent
07-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Are you going to delete the ones that don't work. I just logged on and I don't know when ones credited for today so I just posted them.

missangie
07-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Are you going to delete the ones that don't work. I just logged on and I don't know when ones credited for today so I just posted them.

To be fair, I'll verify winning posts to ensure each meets contest requirements.

kimntrent
07-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Awesome

missangie
07-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Holy cow! You guys are doing great. I just checked the status to update our FB page. We had 60 posts; not 20 minutes later we have 70 posts AND 7winners!! Keep going!

kimntrent
07-15-2009, 02:26 PM
i am trying for a survey really trying but they just don't love me

faithhope
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I guess I shouldn't have done the vista print tote bag one since I like to clear cookies so much when doing many offers back to back like this...

I was hoping to get it to credit during the contest to get a big win :D but it probably won't credit in this time period...

oops

askomsky
07-15-2009, 04:09 PM
To be fair, I'll verify winning posts to ensure each meets contest requirements.

But doesn't that throw the post count off? If there's 10 or more then it's not correct? (Not complaining, just asking)

missangie
07-15-2009, 04:38 PM
But doesn't that throw the post count off? If there's 10 or more then it's not correct? (Not complaining, just asking)

Yeah it might but I'm not worried about that. I like to give away prizes! If the post count is off a few because of some entries that came in too early, no big deal.

amarazas
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
The surveys aren't loving me either Kim... Oh well.. I have two entries in. I had to work today; so that didn't really help and now I'm off to VBS for the evening! Good luck everyone! :-)

fourfoxesinpa
07-15-2009, 08:12 PM
That was fun. You ladies always come up with clever contests. Can't wait to see all the winners.

fanofree
07-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the fun - I got one offer - sort of - it posted at 8:00. The time frame for this one :headache: I don't even get on the 'puter until 7:00 pm or later!

3dog2kidmom
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM

Oops... I bet you need to remove the vista offers I posted today since they would have credited over night before the official contest start.

Also, some constructive feedback... this contest was not really fair to those members who work outside the home. Maybe next time it could last at least 24 hours so everyone has an opportunity to do & post offers?

Thanks!

fourfoxesinpa
07-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Oops... I bet you need to remove the vista offers that credited today since they would have credited over night before the official contest start.

Also, some constructive feedback... this contest was not really fair to those members who work outside the home. Maybe next time it could last at least 24 hours so everyone has an opportunity to do & post offers?

Thanks!

But then we'd have to wait until she posts 24,000 times! I don't want to wait that long. :rotfl: I know sometimes I get disappointed because there are contests on weekends when I'm out of town without internet, but it's ok. I know there will be another that I can take part in. My only suggestion is that the contests end on the 1/2 hour or 1/4 hour because the offers never credit right ON the hour and if you do one and it posts after the hour, you miss out on the entry. Mine always seem to credit at 7 after the hour. :confused:

cjjmesser
07-15-2009, 10:33 PM
My only suggestion is that the contests end on the 1/2 hour or 1/4 hour because the offers never credit right ON the hour and if you do one and it posts after the hour, you miss out on the entry. Mine always seem to credit at 7 after the hour. :confused:

I second this suggestion! :)

lanny76
07-15-2009, 10:46 PM
and I didn't even get one entry in the contest, since nothing credited in time for me today!:( ah well, at least I tried!

chipndale
07-15-2009, 11:35 PM
My only suggestion is that the contests end on the 1/2 hour or 1/4 hour because the offers never credit right ON the hour and if you do one and it posts after the hour, you miss out on the entry. Mine always seem to credit at 7 after the hour. :confused:

I third it! Mine seem to credit at 6 minutes after the hour. If I hit 8 past the hour - it just isn't going to credit that time - unless it is a manual credit.

missangie
07-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Winners have been posted in the Official Contest Thread!

faithhope
07-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Thanks for making clicking so much fun! I'm so excited about winning a nickel...and I'm not being sarcastic... I know most of you on the board can relate.