PDA

View Full Version : Tricia...I'm sorry to say it but...

speechteachri
07-17-2009, 11:04 AM
I am officially going to take a break from surveys for a while. I have already been on a partial break, but I am making in official...for the next few months I don't intend to even try. I'm sorry to tell you that, and maybe I just have a low frustration tolerance, but the whole process just aggrevate the **** out of me right now. In a couple of months I'll probably go through a phase of trying again, but for now...not so much.
So I'm officially appologizing to you now for not participating in that portion of the site. I am still participating in shopping, just not surveys for now.

I LOVE SR, and would never leave it! Just can't do surveys right now...sorry.:(

jnorth1007
07-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Sometimes it is best to just take a break when the surveys start to frustrate you. They shouldn't be a source of frustration for people but a way to make some extra free money. I think when it gets to be too much hassle a break usually puts things back in perspective and eventually you can go back to doing surveys without so much stress on yourself.

SunshineGirl
07-17-2009, 11:25 AM
I am not trying to put this on you...because it's not you. But since you put this out here...

The sad reality is that SR is going to have a hard time staying in business if people continue to stop taking surveys. We've lost half of our survey takers in the last year and are looking at having to do employee cutbacks before too long if something doesn't change. Everyone wants us to give away more and more free stuff but then at the same time turns around and says that 1) they don't have time to take surveys, 2) they don't do freebies because they don't credit, and 3) they can't shop because of the economy. Any and all of the above might be true. But we're a business. If people stop doing all of the above plus don't refer new friends, we can't continue to pay the bills.

People beg us all the time to run more contests and give away more free stuff and higher commissions. But look around you at all of the small family businesses closing. We can't compete with the bigger sites in terms of commissions because we don't do enough volume. All that we can do is continue to be ourselves and offer customer service and a personal environment. But something does have to give as our active members do their shopping through %&$@ and their surveys through &*$#@ to get a higher commission but then come play with their friends in our free forum.

Again, this isn't directed at you because I couldn't get a survey all day yesterday either and it was REALLY frustrating. But I felt like I needed to respond with where WE are sitting right now.

sunshinecindy
07-17-2009, 11:26 AM
I also think the OTX surveys are a lot easier, quicker and less frustrating, so if you want to continue to build your account up, you may want to just try those.

kimntrent
07-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I would be so sad to see this happen. I can't shop a lot and surveys kill me too but I have a goal for WDW this december and I will try hard to keep you in business. LOL!

askomsky
07-17-2009, 11:37 AM
It's so sad to hear, but so understandable from all accounts.

I'm lucky with survey's and I do try for the DS every day. SM and OTX though I don't try as HARD anymore if I get one easily I get one. I can understand how frustrating it can be.

I figured the survey's were hurting SR with so many people NOT making SM this Quarter and not seeing old timers on as much. It plain stinks and i just hope that SR can hold on however possible to get through these hard times.

It's also a shame that people are complaining about something that's free or a giveaway, I take part in what I can and feel lucky with what I've got.

secretmoney
07-17-2009, 11:38 AM
I haven't been here long but I am pleased with the extra money that I have been able to earn for my upcoming Disney trip. After working 30 years of retail I left my job to stay home with my new grandson. I couldn't be happier. Many years of working for major retail companies has taught me to support the smaller ones. These are the people that care about their customers. Some days I am frustrated about not getting a survey (obsessed!) but I try to remember that this is extra money for me and if Sunshine Rewards wasn't here I wouldn't have anything extra. Sometimes offers credit for me sometimes not, I just hope for the ones that do. Don't be frustrated, I know people have other jobs too and not as much time as I do, but believe me it's important to support our friends.

StitchandPooh'smom
07-17-2009, 11:47 AM
I am officially going to take a break from surveys for a while. I have already been on a partial break, but I am making in official...for the next few months I don't intend to even try. I'm sorry to tell you that, and maybe I just have a low frustration tolerance, but the whole process just aggrevate the **** out of me right now. In a couple of months I'll probably go through a phase of trying again, but for now...not so much.
So I'm officially appologizing to you now for not participating in that portion of the site. I am still participating in shopping, just not surveys for now.

I LOVE SR, and would never leave it! Just can't do surveys right now...sorry.:(

I definitely hear what you're saying - I have had the same four boxes to check all week with GF, and I haven't been able to get a survey. That being said, surveys are the bulk of my earnings and I am still trying every day. I think a break is not a bad thing if you are really frustrated, but I'd watch the forum for when people start to post about new surveys being added. I personally wouldn't take a break of a few months, but maybe try later next week and see what is out there.

I am not trying to put this on you...because it's not you. But since you put this out here...

The sad reality is that SR is going to have a hard time staying in business if people continue to stop taking surveys. We've lost half of our survey takers in the last year and are looking at having to do employee cutbacks before too long if something doesn't change. Everyone wants us to give away more and more free stuff but then at the same time turns around and says that 1) they don't have time to take surveys, 2) they don't do freebies because they don't credit, and 3) they can't shop because of the economy. Any and all of the above might be true. But we're a business. If people stop doing all of the above plus don't refer new friends, we can't continue to pay the bills.

People beg us all the time to run more contests and give away more free stuff and higher commissions. But look around you at all of the small family businesses closing. We can't compete with the bigger sites in terms of commissions because we don't do enough volume. All that we can do is continue to be ourselves and offer customer service and a personal environment. But something does have to give as our active members do their shopping through %&$@ and their surveys through &*$#@ to get a higher commission but then come play with their friends in our free forum.

Again, this isn't directed at you because I couldn't get a survey all day yesterday either and it was REALLY frustrating. But I felt like I needed to respond with where WE are sitting right now.

Tricia, you make very good points, and no one wants SR to shut down. I am doing a bit of early back to school shopping, which makes my balance creep up, but the surveys have dried up for me over the past few days. I know it is temporary, but it does seem unusual since it is the middle of the month, and it is very frustrating to check every day and have the same four boxes there that I can't check. :computer: But this too shall pass, and surveys will come again.

As much as I love the contests, I'd much rather see them go away than see SR go away. :eek: There is probably a good return for SR on the contests, though, as more people are active during that time.

Summer is also a tough time to do surveys. When my kids are home, I can't spend an hour or two just trying to qualify. I'm way more patient with surveys when I don't have hungry mouths to feed lunch! :D

Some people really can't shop right now, although I've tried to be more creative with my shopping to be able to go through SR as much as possible. I hope to do most of my back to school shopping through SR, but it will still be less overall than last year, I'm sure. Sad reality for everyone this year. :(

We just all need to hang in there and stick together, be supportive, and do our best to keep our earnings and SR's earnings up. SR has been great about finding new earning opportunities, and I'm sure the supply of surveys will pick up again soon. :sunshine2:

faithhope
07-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks Tricia for being open and posting that. I LOVE SR!!:clap:
I'm sorry to hear the problems, but I didn't put the 2+2 and figure out the clues myself. It adds another reason for me to put up with the stupid surveys.

I love the games and contests, and shop Amazon via the SR link to try and make sure I do what I can to keep the fun rolling... and I've had amazing fun here (and at Disney) due to your hard work (and your great team) and I want to keep it going for many many years. Both of my girls can't wait to be old enough to join SR :D

So I'm going to get off my lazy butt and get my super membership back.

SunshineGirl
07-17-2009, 11:57 AM
I love the games and contests, and shop Amazon via the SR link to try and make sure I do what I can to keep the fun rolling... and I've had amazing fun here (and at Disney) due to your hard work (and your great team) and I want to keep it going for many many years. Both of my girls can't wait to be old enough to join SR :D

This is a HUGE help to us. Even people doing things like checking out the Google ads in the forum helps us make up for NOT making a profit in places we used to. We try to turn around the Amazon, CafePress, Google ads, etc. money into what we use for the prizes in the forum contests.

secretmoney
07-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Tricia, please tell me what google ads? are these the banners? let us know all of the things that help so that we can help you.

SunshineGirl
07-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Tricia, please tell me what google ads? are these the banners? let us know all of the things that help so that we can help you.

They are. They are the ads that appear between the posts and in the arcade. I think people get use do kind of "tuning out" banners on websites so you start to not even notice them. But we do try really hard to find things that we think our members might legitimately like. For example, we might put up a Kraft Recipes banner here in the forum.

kimntrent
07-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I have gotten a few from here and love them

arob414
07-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I do surveys sporadically, depends upon what else is going on in my life. Every time I get lucky it encourages me to try again. Got one last night, and another one, just now. I have learned that persistence pays off (this is info for newcomers, the rest of y'all know that). Just because I am told there are no surveys doesn't really mean there are none. That just occurred and I tried, again, and got a quick one. But, I do understand the frustration of trying and trying and not getting one.

My shopping has picked up. Have ordered several things from eBay, this past wk. I have been finding all kinds of deals there. Found Black and Decker cordless weed eaters (shipping, tax etc) for $40 cheaper than Amazon. Bought 2, my mom wanted a replacement, also. Discovered Hollister and Converse over there, those make Grace happy. Anna wants a flat iron like her sister's, figure I can get it there cheaper.

I love SR, don't do shopping or offers elsewhere, for one thing I understand the ins and outs of SR so it is just easier. The contests do spur me on to try offers, surveys more but I would rather keep SR in business.

Love2Shop
07-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I :love: SR and would hate to see it go anywhere! I find that sometimes things credit easily (including surveys) and sometimes it's frustrating. When it's frustrating, I just take a break for a a day or two. I have a goal for my next cashout so I have been really trying hard lately. Overall, I have done well with surveys and offers.

For people who are having trouble with getting a DS, if there are no options for you to check, try clearing cookies. I find that if I clear cookies and then check the no options box, it sometimes goes right into a survey. If I still can't get one, I'll try for an otx and then later on (and after otx credits), I will clear cookies and try again. Also, if I do get a DS and there are still a lot of options, I will try for a 2 cents right away. Might as well try for a credit if there are surveys available.

kimntrent
07-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey is there anyone who has done the contest yet? I am the only post

speechteachri
07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
WOW!! I didn't realize my post would cause such a flurry of responses!

I can totally understand that SR, like all companies, especially small companies right now, are hurting...that's why I make sure to still shop through SR whenever a merchant is available here. I use SR for my online shopping exclusively. And, I have gotten my DH into the habit of checking here for merchants too. I love SR, like I said, and I would hate to see it go away! My reason for posting, was that I was feeling really bad about not doing surveys lately, especially because I know that it has been an issue for you here. I felt like I wanted to give you an explanation. I will continue to do everything else I can to spur SR on, including clicking on the links here on the forums, which I admit, I don't do often enough...so thanks for the reminder on that one!

I also think the OTX surveys are a lot easier, quicker and less frustrating, so if you want to continue to build your account up, you may want to just try those.

You know Cindy...I think you are right. I think the OTX surveys are "generally" easier for me to get. When I do try for surveys, I generally start with the daily though, then get frustrated and never make it to OTX. I will give OTX a try in the next couple of days before totally giving up...how's that? I do love the bump in my account when I get one.

[QUOTE=arob414;257303]I do surveys sporadically, depends upon what else is going on in my life. Every time I get lucky it encourages me to try again. Got one last night, and another one, just now. I have learned that persistence pays off (this is info for newcomers, the rest of y'all know that). Just because I am told there are no surveys doesn't really mean there are none. That just occurred and I tried, again, and got a quick one. But, I do understand the frustration of trying and trying and not getting one.

I think this is what drives me crazy the most. I do actually have check off boxes...as a matter of fact, I have had several boxes to check off the last few times I've tried...what drives me nuts is the "no surveys available" message every stinking time, time after time, when I have several other boxes checked and I know there are surveys available. Just frustrates me no end!

Actually Tricia, now that I am thinking about it, I do have a question in regard to this...When I try for a survey with several boxes checked and get the "no surveys available" message, does that indicate that my demographic may not match up with the demographics on ANY of the surveys that go with the boxes I have checked? Or is that just a glitch? I know there have been times in the past that I HAVE beeen able to complete a survey after getting that message, but more often than not, like today, I keep getting that message over and over again once I get it...should I just assume that I won't meet the demographic requirements if I get that message? Just wondering. I do appreciate all you do here for us and your trying to keep us all happy. Know that even if I am not taking surveys, I am not going anywhere!

iluvamystery89
07-17-2009, 02:03 PM
i LOVE SR and will do whatever i can to keep it around. what can i (or anyone else) do? i've done my back-to-school shopping (thus far) and developed my disney pics through SR...i do the DS almost every day (occasionally i don't qualify). i never seem to get an OTX and offer credits are very sporadic for me. is there anything else i can be doing? i want to help :)

The Red Head
07-17-2009, 02:18 PM

OTX surveys used to be easier for me when I first signed up earlier this year, but I usually have a hard time qualifying for any surveys. I must be in a really undesirable demographic. I have not qualified for an OTX survey since May.

kimntrent
07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
My hubby does my OTX

Iteach
07-17-2009, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=iluvamystery89;257315]i LOVE SR and will do whatever i can to keep it around. what can i (or anyone else) do?

I would also like to know other things that I could do to help SR. I have started a little xmas shopping, trying to take advantage of sales on some sites. I also shop Amazon through the SR link knowing it helps contest prizes, etc. I try for a DS every single day, usually many, many times a day (lately). When I'm off in the summer it's much easier for me to try multiple times a day. During the school year much harder as I'm hardly home. I don't often try for OTX and if I can't get a DS then I can't try for e SM.

Thanks for the reminder to click on the banners. I do forget to do that. Like someone else mentioned, I would much rather see the contests or freebies go away than SR go away!

Please share some other things that we can do to help! Thanks!

kimntrent
07-17-2009, 02:38 PM
I like this thread. I think being open about things like this is a great motivator

speechteachri
07-17-2009, 02:51 PM
OK, so I guess maybe I posted too soon...as I promised Cindy in my earlier post, I tried for an OTX survey and got one on the second attempt...I guess I'll keep trying those for a while, even if I'm not doing the DS.:)

missangie
07-17-2009, 03:02 PM
One way that helps us a lot is to review and take advantage of some of the forum banner offers. These are offers we are not allowed to incentivize and historically get little traffic on even though we try to find things that would be of interest for our demographic. If we get more people to try these, we have more money to use on contests and payouts in general.

Tricia added two new offers today. The Avon opportunity offer and the 3 Easy Steps to Weightloss offer are both very easy. If either are of interest, please feel free to check them out. And thanks for all the ways you use SR!!

lanny76
07-17-2009, 03:15 PM
I have had more diffculty recently than usual getting surveys, but I have kept trying each day anyway - it's just that if I absolutely cannot get one, I don't stress about it like I might have once! OTX is much harder for me for some reason anymore, so I only try those now and then, as well as offers on occasion. I know I don't do as much as I once did, but I try to stay active and do something each day - I realize how it affects SR as a business when many slow down their activity. I'm just glad for what I can earn with surveys and shopping, and plan to stay loyal to SR! Thanks for being open with us, Tricia, and I do sincerely hope SR stays around for many years to come.

missangie
07-17-2009, 03:54 PM
One way that helps us a lot is to review and take advantage of some of the forum banner offers. These are offers we are not allowed to incentivize and historically get little traffic on even though we try to find things that would be of interest for our demographic. If we get more people to try these, we have more money to use on contests and payouts in general.

Tricia added two new offers today. The Avon opportunity offer and the 3 Easy Steps to Weightloss offer are both very easy. If either are of interest, please feel free to check them out. And thanks for all the ways you use SR!!

Thanks to those of you trying these banner offers! I hope they are as easy as I indicated. I'm seeing the traffic, and I appreciate it!!

tarheelpat
07-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Unless I am away from home and have no computer access, I try the surveys every single day. Usually, I try in the morning before work, sometime during the work day (yikes - but I AM pretty productive nevertheless), right after I get home from work and before bedtime. Some days all of this isn't necessary, but lately all these are necessary and I'm still not qualifying. I qualified one day when you did the month-long trifecta contest, and I tried every day. For me, OTXs are harder to get than the daily, but I'm having a lot harder time qualifying period than I used to.

I do the freebies, too. Shop a little, but I can't do much since my husband was cut to part-time in his job, which is with the media and, thus, a major reason why I don't qualify for a lot of the surveys . . . I've also finally (still haven't gotten over the big Stub Hub purhase last year)trained my DH pretty well --he went through SR for my mother's day gift.

StitchandPooh'smom
07-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Just got a DS and an OTX! Not bad for a Friday afternoon! :sunshine:

cglaura
07-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Question on banner clicking: Most of the time when I click on a banner it replaces the current page instead of opening a new window. If I choose to right click and "Open in new window (or tab)" will SR still get credit?

And...do we have to be logged into the forum for SR to get credit (I'm guessing no, but wanted to be sure). I read many times a day, but rarely log in.

Thanks!

Arky
07-17-2009, 07:06 PM
[
Actually Tricia, now that I am thinking about it, I do have a question in regard to this...When I try for a survey with several boxes checked and get the "no surveys available" message, does that indicate that my demographic may not match up with the demographics on ANY of the surveys that go with the boxes I have checked? Or is that just a glitch? I know there have been times in the past that I HAVE beeen able to complete a survey after getting that message, but more often than not, like today, I keep getting that message over and over again once I get it...should I just assume that I won't meet the demographic requirements if I get that message? Just wondering. I do appreciate all you do here for us and your trying to keep us all happy. Know that even if I am not taking surveys, I am not going anywhere![/QUOTE]

I am curious about the "no surveys available" message as well. I have gotten this message when I have completed a survey too quickly ~ at least that's what I assume. I read very quickly. I read/answer then I wait before I click the next. If I forget to wait, many times I have gone to the 'no surveys' page.

But usually I can go back in and the boxes I've checked are there and I can try another survey. I wonder if you clear cookies and try again, if you would see the boxes.

Surveys this month have been harder to come by. I really am hitting them hard because I want to cash out at the end of the month for our trip to Disney. Greenfield are usually easier than any of the others. I can not get an OTX to save my life. I keep getting kicked out of those. I'm struggling with SM surveys as well.

spring
07-17-2009, 07:43 PM
As for me, I just plug along and try at least a daily survey and OTX survey every day. I usually get one or the other. Once in a blue moon, I get a trifecta and practically shout out in joy. However, that's only once every other week or so. I do get boxes for which I am qualified to check for Greenfield that take me to the "you don't qualify for any surveys" page. One of these is "I travel frequently for leisure" which has my name written all over it, LOL. However, if that is the only box I have to check, I come up with the "you don't qualify....." page. I just don't check that and a few other boxes anymore, even if I have to check "none of the above" box. Sometimes I get survey opportunities from the "none of the above" box. If I still can't get a survey, I'll try back later. The one thing I refuse to do is OBSESS over getting a survey. That would spoil my fun. So I just relax, read the forum, try for at least two surveys everyday, do some paid offers a couple times a week, and shop and shop and shop..........:D

Honestly, I never particularly paid attention to the banners between post. I certainly had never clicked on one before despite the fact that I DO click on the top ones. I will try to make more of an effort to click on ALL the banners from now on.:sunshine:

SunshineGirl
07-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Question on banner clicking: Most of the time when I click on a banner it replaces the current page instead of opening a new window. If I choose to right click and "Open in new window (or tab)" will SR still get credit?

And...do we have to be logged into the forum for SR to get credit (I'm guessing no, but wanted to be sure). I read many times a day, but rarely log in.

Thanks!

The general banners will open and credit properly if you right click. I think the google ones have to be a direct click. But you definitely do not have to be logged into the forum.

aknight373
07-17-2009, 10:37 PM
woohoo !!! all of the talk got me into doing surveys today !! My first time for doing a GF in like 3 or 4 months !!! so far i am 2 out of 3 surverys !!! woohoo

GF and OTX down and one more to go !!!

SunshineGirl
07-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Want to hear something crazy? Today has BY FAR been our best day this month across the board--surveys, offers, and shopping. A couple things were just luck (Angie getting the big college offer and some of the Disney Movie Club credits starting to show up). But I really think that the majority of it was just everyone jumping in to try to help get things going again. I can't thank you enough. I have literally spent 15 hours a day every day this week online trying to figure out how to get us going again. And I'm looking at the numbers for today just in shock at how one really good day can make such a huge difference in our revenue.

So thank you!!!! Hopefully all of your accounts are showing it today (or will be soon) as well!!

jnorth1007
07-17-2009, 10:58 PM
I am waiting 6 minutes and hoping that my SM survey credit shows up and it will mean I got the trifecta 2 days in a row and it also means I can cash out for my $200 gift card. YAY!!!! I am glad everyone was able to jump in and give everything a try so we can up our accounts and yours.

cjjmesser
07-17-2009, 11:10 PM
I am waiting 6 minutes and hoping that my SM survey credit shows up and it will mean I got the trifecta 2 days in a row and it also means I can cash out for my $200 gift card. YAY!!!! I am glad everyone was able to jump in and give everything a try so we can up our accounts and yours.

Crossing my fingers for you! If mine credits, I will be getting my first trifecta in what seems like an eternity! I am glad to see more surveys available (or at least it seems that way!). :clap:

cjjmesser
07-17-2009, 11:11 PM

Now that I know this, I will definitely be clicking on them more!

SunshineGirl
07-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Greenfield absolutely must have added a lot of surveys today. I didn't qualify yesterday and I tried for more than 10 hours. Today I just qualified on my second try!

mmm611
07-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey, maybe I'll have better luck with surveys tomorrow then! For some reason, I actually seem to be doing better on Saturdays lately.

iluvamystery89
07-17-2009, 11:47 PM
i finally got a DS too! sometimes it takes all day, but i refuse to give up until i go to bed. way to go everyone! we rock! :banana:

jnorth1007
07-18-2009, 12:24 AM
I got all three! I have enough for a GC but I forgot about the shipping LOL so I will have to wait for my OTX or SM tomorrow to credit and then I will have enough to cash out for sure. I am so excited.

disney_girl
07-18-2009, 12:38 AM
That's great to hear Tricia...just one of the things that makes me love SR!

faithhope
07-18-2009, 12:49 AM
:D They definitely had a bunch of surveys in the system... I managed to get a daily and an otx.
Glad to hear today was a good day... I hope it turns into a great week... a fantastic month and a wonderful year...
Thanks for giving me the kick in the pants I needed.

piglet-for-me
07-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a question about the banners at the top of the page. Honestly I have never given it a thought to click on them. Does SR get credit just because I click? Is that how that works?

bajam
07-18-2009, 11:13 AM
You kicked my rear in gear with your post yesterday. Got a DS yesterday. Not lucky with that today, but did get an OTX. I want to make sure SR stays around for a looong time.

kimntrent
07-18-2009, 11:43 AM
This is what family does right. We all work together when times are tough to make things right and better. It benefits us all and we don't realize it most of the time. If we do one offer a day then our account is better and your account is better and it makes us feel good.

Alice28
07-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Want to hear something crazy? Today has BY FAR been our best day this month across the board--surveys, offers, and shopping. A couple things were just luck (Angie getting the big college offer and some of the Disney Movie Club credits starting to show up). But I really think that the majority of it was just everyone jumping in to try to help get things going again. I can't thank you enough. I have literally spent 15 hours a day every day this week online trying to figure out how to get us going again. And I'm looking at the numbers for today just in shock at how one really good day can make such a huge difference in our revenue.

So thank you!!!! Hopefully all of your accounts are showing it today (or will be soon) as well!!

That's great! I too have had troubles with the GF surveys, but lately I've really been trying!! Am trying harder with OTX too. But the freebie offers really came in handy the last 2 days. I think I got 4 to credit! And I did a bit of shopping this week too. My slowness with SR lately has nothing to do with the site- it has to do with DH being gone in Iraq, but I will always at least *try*. I'm really happy that things picked up again yesterday!!! YAY!

Alice28
07-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Yay! Just got a GF!!! Best of all- my 11 year old had to do the whole thing, LOL! GF had locked me out most of the week with the 'we're sorry', but I got this one on the 3rd try. :party:

jakeandsophiesmom
07-18-2009, 03:02 PM
This is what family does right. We all work together when times are tough to make things right and better. It benefits us all and we don't realize it most of the time. If we do one offer a day then our account is better and your account is better and it makes us feel good.

Ditto!! We are all in this together!!

Yay! Just got a GF!!! Best of all- my 11 year old had to do the whole thing, LOL! GF had locked me out most of the week with the 'we're sorry', but I got this one on the 3rd try. :party:

I just got the same one that my DS11 did!

As far as the surveys and offers, I have layed off for a few weeks due to my work load changing, baseball, and several personal events that have happened that have made me stay off the computer for any extended period of time. But I am back on and ready to kick some survey butt!!:rotfl:

mollyeilis
07-18-2009, 11:38 PM
I have finally ended my survey break...I tell you, it's hard to start again! I started again the other day, and though it took some time to qualify and to get through the thing, it was very exciting to see that credit the next day.

I think I've taken *at least* 3 months off, if not more. I warn anyone thinking of taking a break to really imagine what it will be like, going back to it, after not doing it. I just now, after 8pm, remembered that I wanted to do one today. I forgot yesterday. I'm totally out of practice! It wasn't supposed to be this long; just a few weeks I told myself...

So be careful deciding to take a break, because it's hard to get back to it.

Among other things, I came back to the surveys b/c of hubby's job. Tricia, you know he worked at amazon, but they closed his dept...he's actually going back to a NEW job there in a week, but for the two months between, he's been contracting with a certain big company in our area that runs a big, but otherwise somewhat similar, program as you do (shopping-wise)...I have felt like a huge traitor!!! So has he, I think, even though, you know, when you're laid off and have a family, you take what's offered. But we're glad he got the offer from Amazon, so we can stop feeling bad. And to make up for it, and along with the other reasons, I'm going back to surveys. :p

schaery
07-19-2009, 08:18 AM
First of all, thanks, SR for giving me the opportunity to do surveys, shopping, etc. I wouldn't have been able to go to WDW the last 2 trips without it.

Second, and maybe everyone already knows this but, there have been many occasions that I got the DS "no surveys available" message, and went right back in and got a survey. I always wait til I've gotten that message 3 times before I stop trying. Doesn't happen all the time by any means, but quite a few times

cjnix32
07-19-2009, 09:58 PM
I have just really been getting into the survey thing. I joined in March, but didn't quite understand how it worked until Tricia posted the survey trifecta challenge on facebook. LOVE the facebook reminders! It got me to the Disney deal too. So Tricia, keep things updated on facebook! I will see those reminders before seeing things in the forum. There is talk about the freebies too. Not sure I understand how that works, either. But I have been shopping exclusively through SR. I got upset at my husband the other day when he booked a hotel through priceline but didn't go through SR! IT's become an addiction, I think!

chipndale
07-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Oh I hope that things are going to turn around for you! I have been trying to get surveys the month of July and haven't been very successful. I hope my luck is about to change - DH completed an OTX last night but didn't credit until early Monday morning and I managed to get a Greenfield survey! :banana: I am going to give the SM survey a shot and see if I can get all 3!

wendyburger
07-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Maybe this was already answered, but does SR get credit for Amazon purchases if we make them through your link? I get unbox movies alot but never use the link cause there was no rewards offered. But if SR gets the rewards I will definatly start using your link.

jnorth1007
07-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Yes SR will get some kind of reward for it and they use those funds for the contests they hold in the forum.

financialcents
07-20-2009, 04:54 PM
It's funny...I was off to a great start at the beginning of the month, and then day after day of not qualifying. I read this thread and decided to have another go....TWO came through for me today. :D Off to try for the third.

Thank you for being honest about the state of SR. :sunshine2: I know it's making me try a little harder.

iluvamystery89
07-20-2009, 05:06 PM
i continue to try, whether i get a survey or not. i refuse to give up until i go to bed, and even DH knows to ask me if i can buy something through SR before he goes out and gets it, lol. i LOVE seeing the UPS truck pull up! :banana:

Ellen aka Snow White
07-20-2009, 06:57 PM
I too had given up on the surveys. After reading this thread I thought, well I would try again. I did get one today that I seem to have completed:clap:. I went back on this afternoon to try one of the other ones - I started one about cat litter - answered all types of questions specifically about cat litter - my progression bar was moving across the bottom - 15 minutes into the survey - 2 spots from the end of the progression bar - it tells me I don't qualify to complete it!:computer::computer: I'm sorry, but my time is worth something - I will continue to click through the links for shopping and now that I know you receive something for banner clicking, I will do that too but I just won't tolerate the companies getting my answers then booting me out!
Ellen

Iteach
07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
I started one about cat litter - answered all types of questions specifically about cat litter - my progression bar was moving across the bottom - 15 minutes into the survey - 2 spots from the end of the progression bar - it tells me I don't qualify to complete it!

That happened to several of us late last week with the cat litter survey. It's very rare that this happens to me well into a survey, so it was probably just one of those "different" kind, but for me that's certainly not the norm. Just thought I'd let you know that you weren't alone with the cat litter one.

cjnix32
07-20-2009, 09:13 PM
I too had given up on the surveys. After reading this thread I thought, well I would try again. I did get one today that I seem to have completed:clap:. I went back on this afternoon to try one of the other ones - I started one about cat litter - answered all types of questions specifically about cat litter - my progression bar was moving across the bottom - 15 minutes into the survey - 2 spots from the end of the progression bar - it tells me I don't qualify to complete it!:computer::computer: I'm sorry, but my time is worth something - I will continue to click through the links for shopping and now that I know you receive something for banner clicking, I will do that too but I just won't tolerate the companies getting my answers then booting me out!
Ellen

THe same darn thing happened to me on that same survey!!! Stupid Cat Litter!

sunshinecindy
07-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I started one about cat litter - answered all types of questions specifically about cat litter - my progression bar was moving across the bottom - 15 minutes into the survey - 2 spots from the end of the progression bar - it tells me I don't qualify to complete it!

That happened to several of us late last week with the cat litter survey. It's very rare that this happens to me well into a survey, so it was probably just one of those "different" kind, but for me that's certainly not the norm. Just thought I'd let you know that you weren't alone with the cat litter one.

Rest assured that the company does not get your info. If you get anything that says you didn't qualify, that info never leaves GF.

chipndale
07-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Rest assured that the company does not get your info. If you get anything that says you didn't qualify, that info never leaves GF.

That is good to know - atleast they are not getting the information for nothing! Thanks for the information - it makes me feel better about getting booted late into a survey.

SunshineGirl
07-21-2009, 10:45 PM
One of the other things that I forgot to say that we get paid for are the VIDEOS at the bottom of the forum. It's less than a penny for every video that gets watched, but it can add up over time. :)

chipndale
07-21-2009, 11:16 PM
One of the other things that I forgot to say that we get paid for are the VIDEOS at the bottom of the forum. It's less than a penny for every video that gets watched, but it can add up over time. :)

OK - When I read you post I thought videos? I don't remember ever seeing videos and I scrolled all the way down and there they are. I guess I just never paid any attention to them. I promise to look around more.

Ellen aka Snow White
07-22-2009, 07:52 AM

So do you get paid if I watch the same video mutiple times?? Or is it for the first time only. Hey I click for pennies for me - I can watch for pennies for you. :love:

mum4jenn
08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I am just beginning to get going again here myself. I was on hers so much the year before last that I was totally wiped out from it. Now with my dh just gone througha lay off after 17 years I will need the extra money!!

gpp2001
08-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I am just beginning to get going again here myself. I was on hers so much the year before last that I was totally wiped out from it. Now with my dh just gone througha lay off after 17 years I will need the extra money!!

Welcome back and good luck!! :welcome:

And sorry to hear about your husband. These are the times that try mankind!

Karn