PDA

View Full Version : Course Advisor - Nursing and Healthcare [ID: 3618]

aknight373
07-17-2009, 05:26 PM
I dont understand... i know i need the duh sign...

are we signing up for classes on line ?

toystoryduo
07-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Any updates on what these offers are about? Are you signing up for courses or just for further information?

aknight373
07-17-2009, 06:45 PM
i signed up just for further information and then i checked my email and looked over some of the classes and now they are in my credit hold until aug 15th

woohoo !!!

jnorth1007
07-17-2009, 06:51 PM
I just went and did the Allied Health one. I have been trying to decide whether to go back for a second degree in Nursing or a Master's Degree in Health Care Administration so this was perfrect timing. I haven't gotten an email from them though.

Iteach
07-17-2009, 08:39 PM
I got a phone call from one of the U.

SunshineGirl
07-17-2009, 08:48 PM
This is definitely only for people seriously considering. It's not actually supposed to be for rewards programs, but Angie got special permission. If they think we are defrauding them, they will revoke our credits. :eek:

aknight373
07-17-2009, 08:51 PM
one of the online course is sending me paperwork to look over :) i think this offer is pretty neat.

SunshineGirl
07-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Kevin actually got his Masters in IT through University of Maryland, University College online.

Iteach
07-17-2009, 08:54 PM
This is definitely only for people seriously considering. It's not actually supposed to be for rewards programs, but Angie got special permission. If they think we are defrauding them, they will revoke our credits. :eek:

I also just got an email from an admissions person from one of the Univ. and responded to his email. I hope they would not think it was fraud if you didn't actually sign-up for anything now. In the offer I checked my interest was for sometime in the future (one of the categories I can't quite remember), but not immediately. I hope that's okay.

jnorth1007
07-17-2009, 08:58 PM
The school that is sending me info is University of Pheonix. It is closer to me than the University that I graduated from. I can do online classes as well as on campus classes and they have classes at hours that are good for adult learners. Now I just have to make the final decision on whether I want to do this and get my Masters in Healthcare Administration or go back the traditional method and complete my Nursing degree. I LOVE online classes, my school had a very large online curriculum. They work well for me because I typically work at a different pace than others and need to be able to do the work at night when the kids are asleep. I just am having a hard time letting go of my childhood dream of being a nurse. Decisions, decisions!

BTW Tricia, that was why I did only the Nursing and Allied Health offer because I knew I already had a bachelors in Human Resource Management so I wasn't looking at another business degree. Hopefully everyone else will be as prudent so we don't get those credits revoked.

aknight373
07-17-2009, 09:11 PM
mine was from an online college out of coloardo.

kimntrent
07-17-2009, 09:14 PM
I actually want to get my hospitality management degree so this is a good thing.

missangie
07-17-2009, 10:04 PM
I'll just reiterate what Tricia said. I did request special permission to run these offers. It is important that you take advantage of them only if you have genuine interest. There are several programs and schools to choose from. Please take a serious look if you are interested in college or continuing education, but please do NOT do these offers if you have no intention of requesting additional information or communicating with a college representative regarding your interests.

Thanks!

cjjmesser
07-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Angie, I did both of these offers because I DO have a genuine interest but I noticed others have received emails since they registered and I have not. :(
I did put that the best time to contact me was in the AM so maybe I'll get emails then. These are great offers! I hope that the info will help in my decision of which degree to pursue!

disney_girl
07-17-2009, 10:30 PM
I did the general interest one. The college is REALLY close to my house and I hadn't realized it! They also have online courses available. The rep I talked with is sending me more information- sounds really interesting!

mindyd2006
07-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh well I am interested in getting a nursing degree I have actually been looking into it and taking some classes. I was unable to do the offer because there were no schools in my area.

Love2Shop
07-18-2009, 08:16 AM
I completed the Health care offer, I have been thinking about going back to school to become a nurse. I got an email, but it is for an online only school, I was looking for a school near me with online and actual physical classes. So hopefully they will call me soon.

My mother signed up for the general offer, she wants to go back to school too. She got a bunch of emails from different schools that she is considering.

I hope that this is okay, I am geniunely interested in both offers and wouldn't want to do anything that would result in credits being revoked.

lanny76
07-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Well, maybe I'm not so prudent :blush: because I did sign up for a general interest one but don't know that I am actually going to be able to do more classes anytime too soon, tho. I am interested in knowing more at least tho, so I did sign up for info. Like someone else mentioned, I hope they don't consider it fraud if you don't actually commit to doing something now - surely it should be fine to want info w/out being obligated to go ahead and definitely sign up for classes. It does say, no obligations.

kimntrent
07-18-2009, 11:48 AM
I have gotten nothing from anyone actually.

bartleby1
07-19-2009, 09:26 AM
I signed up for info on getting my masters in mathematics education (I've been out of teaching for almost 10 years now raising my kids but since my youngest is only home for another year, it's time to start getting back into the swing of things). The University of Phoenix is the college that came up for me. I live in NJ so obviously I can't attend courses in Phoenix and I've never taken online courses before. Do employers take online courses seriously or will it look like I'm taking the easy way out? Since I've been out of the teaching field for so long, I'm looking for ways to show on my resume that I'm working on updating my skills, etc.

Iteach
07-19-2009, 09:33 AM
I signed up for info on getting my masters in mathematics education (I've been out of teaching for almost 10 years now raising my kids but since my youngest is only home for another year, it's time to start getting back into the swing of things). The University of Phoenix is the college that came up for me. I live in NJ so obviously I can't attend courses in Phoenix and I've never taken online courses before. Do employers take online courses seriously or will it look like I'm taking the easy way out? Since I've been out of the teaching field for so long, I'm looking for ways to show on my resume that I'm working on updating my skills, etc.

I don't think employers look at where you get a Master's degree, but more importantly that you have one. Online degrees at online Universities is very common now and completely acceptable. Many of the teachers at our school have gotten their Masters and even their Doctorate degrees online. Good luck!

bartleby1
07-19-2009, 10:32 AM
I don't think employers look at where you get a Master's degree, but more importantly that you have one. Online degrees at online Universities is very common now and completely acceptable. Many of the teachers at our school have gotten their Masters and even their Doctorate degrees online. Good luck!

Thanks - that's what I was hoping! With three children, it would be much easier to do online courses. I can't really count on DH getting home before 7:00pm and 2 weeks every month he is on call round the clock. Actually getting to a class would be really difficult. I'm excited about getting some info and hoping we can swing the cost of a class or two.

cepmom
07-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I signed up to get more info as I am interested in furthering my education, just not sure where to begin yet. Working retail is the pits and I really need to do something else and soon! I got two calls on Saturday from a number I don't recognize, but I was at work so I missed them both . I wonder if it was from a rep from this college? I hope by not answering the calls that it doesn't appear that I am trying to defraud them.

Love2Shop
07-20-2009, 08:22 AM
I signed up to get more info as I am interested in furthering my education, just not sure where to begin yet. Working retail is the pits and I really need to do something else and soon! I got two calls on Saturday from a number I don't recognize, but I was at work so I missed them both . I wonder if it was from a rep from this college? I hope by not answering the calls that it doesn't appear that I am trying to defraud them.

I had the same problem, I work all weekend and can't really get my phone at work. I missed calls from two different numbers that I didn't recognize, so I am hoping they call back during the week.

I had another offer (about health ins) that I did a couple of weeks ago. The rep happened to called Sat. during my lunch break so I asked him to call me Mon. He never did but he called me several times Sun. I have no idea why, I told him that I work all weekend:confused:

I wish some of these reps understood that some people have to work on the weeends.

missangie
07-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Having concern that the advertiser is getting what they need to pay us for these leads, I touched base with my contact this morning. He indicates that the schools will be calling each of the individuals who signed up and evaluating that conversation.

So, it sounds as if this phone call is important. It is my assumption that they will try to contact you again especially given the general lack of availability for most people on weekends.

We won't know how everything is going for probably 3-5 business days. If you expressed interest by signing up for Course Advisor, please answer the call from a college representative. I'm sure it isn't a "test". Just be honest about whatever was of interest to you. Thanks!

cepmom
07-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I spoke with a representative this morning, but was not available to go over the website at that time (was out taking my morning walk when they called again!) I have an appointment tomorrow morning to go online with someone to go over the programs etc.

Magical JenK
07-20-2009, 04:40 PM
I signed up for both because I do have a sincere interest as I'm thinking of a career change...or if nothing else, bettering my education...can never have too much. Something weird though...it said I had no schools in my area for the nursing program (I guess that is fate telling me no-stick w/business), but I still got credit. ??

I did get some emails regarding the online schools though. I will reply today!

Iteach
07-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh my gosh! I just got the tuition schedule from the man at the University that I have been talking to. I have absolutely NO idea how much a 3 credit class costs now. I almost fell right off my chair!!!

bartleby1
07-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Oh my gosh! I just got the tuition schedule from the man at the University that I have been talking to. I have absolutely NO idea how much a 3 credit class costs now. I almost fell right off my chair!!!

I haven't received any phone calls yet, but I did get an email so I started poking around their site and EEK! I know I really need to go back to get my masters but I don't know how I will be able to afford to! It was much easier way back when, when Mom and Dad were flitting the bill, LOL!

athoods
07-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Talked to my sister and she asked me to fill a request out for her as well. She is aready in the nursing field and thought about getting her bsn in it. She told me that she did get an email but no calls yet.

My DD is getting her Assicate degree in nursing and i filled out a request about her over the weekend about the Rn to Bsn program did check it out online it is a 41 hrs class but no phone call yet. Closes campases are about 70 to 80 miles from here and we are about 38 miles from Georgia Souther which DD has no desire to attend.

cglaura
07-21-2009, 12:30 PM
I have been doing all my stuff via online chat & email. I do save them though as a copy in notepad. I'd be doing this anyway since it was always my plan to go back and finish (have 2+ years) when dd graduated highschool. So I'm not so concerned with the credit, just don't want SR to look bad. So I'm hoping they are looking at multiple contact avenues, not just phone calls.

I have 2 colleges sending me stuff via postal mail. Kaplan and AIU, kind of leaning towards Kaplan. And boy is it going to take forever, I hear you on the tuition! Well, it will help with the empty nest syndrom I'm sure I'll feel when she goes off to college, it is just the 2 of us here, it will be quite an adjusment :blush:

lanny76
07-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Haven't gotten any calls that I know of, unless they're not leaving messages. But if they call and I'm not here to answer, don't know why they wouldn't leave a message!