PDA

View Full Version : Disney Movie Club

disneyfreak7
07-17-2009, 06:27 PM
How soon does this offer credit? This is the first time I have joined a club like this through SR and I was wondering how long it takes to credit?

disneyfreak7
07-19-2009, 12:04 PM
bump::

I did receive my confirmation email and my cc was charged. i was just hoping to get the credit before I cash out for Disney gift card.:cooldance:

fanofree
07-19-2009, 08:19 PM
I did this today. I went all through and the final button took me to the Disney Movie Club "home" page - on which I received an error. So, I don't know if I joined or not. How long for the confirmation e-mail?
Thanks!

SunshineGirl
07-19-2009, 08:39 PM
These credits are taking at least 48 hours to come in to us and then another day for our system to pick them up.

disneyfreak7
07-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks, I see it in pending now.

I got my confirmation email 2 days after I signed up, but I did not get an error page. So don't know if yours went through.

missangie
07-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know that the Disney Movie Club increase expires on Friday. If you want to get in on this great deal and earn $12.00, sign up this week!

fanofree
07-22-2009, 07:19 PM
I have not received an e-mail with any confirmation information. At this point, I can only assume my order did not go through. I guess, I'll wait until tomorrow and do it again.

Love2Shop
07-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know that the Disney Movie Club increase expires on Friday. If you want to get in on this great deal and earn $12.00, sign up this week!

Does the increase expire ON Fri, so it would have to be done by Thu night or is it still good all day Fri?

missangie
07-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Does the increase expire ON Fri, so it would have to be done by Thu night or is it still good all day Fri?

Today is the last day for the Disney Movie Club increase. You earn $12.00 through the end of the day today on all new Disney Movie Club memberships. This a great deal and a great club. The terms are easy! Don't miss out on the increase if you've been thinking about this one.

** Sorry same post two different places! Didn't want anyone to miss it. :D

Love2Shop
07-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Thank you!

I actually did the offer last night because I'm so impatient.:blush:

Now I am just waiting on my confirmation email.

~Kathie
07-24-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm already a member but I stopped my membership. Can I buy a membership for my daughter? Would I have to use a different email address? The DVD's would be shipped to her but I would be paying.

sqromano
07-24-2009, 07:23 PM
I have tried a few times since this afternoon to join this. Each time I get an error message. Is anyone else getting this? I know I procrastinated, but I just kept forgetting to do this. I hope I am not going to miss the increase!

fanofree
07-24-2009, 08:06 PM
I have tried a few times since this afternoon to join this. Each time I get an error message. Is anyone else getting this? I know I procrastinated, but I just kept forgetting to do this. I hope I am not going to miss the increase!

That is what happened to me last Sunday. I am going to try again today. I waited because another poster said it took two days for confirmation and for the cc to be charged. Leave it to the Disney site! :computer: I hope I get through - I'll let you know.

sqromano
07-24-2009, 08:33 PM
That is what happened to me last Sunday. I am going to try again today. I waited because another poster said it took two days for confirmation and for the cc to be charged. Leave it to the Disney site! :computer: I hope I get through - I'll let you know.

I just tried again, but still no luck. Have you had any success?

fanofree
07-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I just tried again, but still no luck. Have you had any success?

I didn't try yet - been trying to do offers for the CC Contest. Now, I think I have to wait until after 11:00 as one of them popped up the Disney Movie Club, so I think I need to clear my cookies. My guess is that it won't work and they'll lose a customer as I won't join without the increased cash back.

fanofree
07-24-2009, 11:50 PM
I didn't try yet - been trying to do offers for the CC Contest. Now, I think I have to wait until after 11:00 as one of them popped up the Disney Movie Club, so I think I need to clear my cookies. My guess is that it won't work and they'll lose a customer as I won't join without the increased cash back.

1st Try - Didn't work. :mad:

sqromano
07-24-2009, 11:58 PM
1st Try - Didn't work. :mad:

Me either. :( Oh well. I should not have procrastinated!

fanofree
07-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Me either. :( Oh well. I should not have procrastinated!

Yeah - but I tried last Sunday and the same thing happened. And, there was no way to know if it went through or not for at least two days, as that is how long they take to send the confirmation and charge your CC.

So, I really see it as their fault. Obviously they are AGAIN having issues with their site. The window of opportunity is small.

BTW - I did try again and ERROR! And I was really looking forward to those movies. :cry:

SunshineGirl
07-27-2009, 11:21 AM
We did see quite a few signups from this on Friday. But if you were unable to get in, we did just increase this again. :)

sqromano
07-27-2009, 12:32 PM
We did see quite a few signups from this on Friday. But if you were unable to get in, we did just increase this again. :)

Thanks for putting the increase up again! I actually just tried AGAIN, and am still getting the error message. I had this happen all Friday and again today. I don't think I am meant to join this club!

sqromano
07-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Angie, here is the info. you asked for:

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AcquisitionBillingAddressCmd[/url]

An Error Has Ocurred...The Disney Movie Club website is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back again. To speak with a Cast member, please call 1-800-362-4587 during regular business hours.

I cleared cookies beforehand and have never had a problem like this before. I tried in both FF and IE the other day, both with the same result. Is it just me?

missangie
07-27-2009, 03:56 PM

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AcquisitionBillingAddressCmd[/url]

An Error Has Ocurred...The Disney Movie Club website is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back again. To speak with a Cast member, please call 1-800-362-4587 during regular business hours.

I cleared cookies beforehand and have never had a problem like this before. I tried in both FF and IE the other day, both with the same result. Is it just me?

I did review our traffic after my communication earlier and found that a number of orders have come through fine. I will, however, send a message to Disney Movie Club just to ensure that their isn't an issue that they need to be aware of. My advice until you hear back from me is to give it another try when you have the opportunity.

sqromano
07-27-2009, 04:17 PM
I did review our traffic after my communication earlier and found that a number of orders have come through fine. I will, however, send a message to Disney Movie Club just to ensure that their isn't an issue that they need to be aware of. My advice until you hear back from me is to give it another try when you have the opportunity.

Thanks Angie! I will try again in a little while.

fanofree
07-27-2009, 08:49 PM

That is the same message I got when I was trying the two days (a week ago Sunday and last Friday.) I just noticed the Movie Club was up as an increase again, so I'll give it a try. Wish me luck!

fanofree
07-27-2009, 09:56 PM
So now - when I click the link, I get this....

Disney Online

Oops! We're sorry, but we're having technical problems.

We're working our hardest to fix them,

and bring all the magic back online for you.

Please check back soon!

?Disney

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

fanofree
07-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks Angie! I will try again in a little while.

Did you get through? I just tried - again - and got the ERROR page. :computer: This is the oddest thing!

Is anyone else trying this offer? Getting this offer?

sqromano
07-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Did you get through? I just tried - again - and got the ERROR page. :computer: This is the oddest thing!

Is anyone else trying this offer? Getting this offer?

I tried yesterday and today. Still getting the same error message. I am starting to think I am not meant to do this!

UPDATE: OK, I stand corrected. I thought I would try one last time. I added one different movie this time and used a different credit card. And it FINALLY worked! I don't know if it was just a fluke, but I am just relieved!

fanofree
08-02-2009, 08:37 PM
UPDATE: OK, I stand corrected. I thought I would try one last time. I added one different movie this time and used a different credit card. And it FINALLY worked! I don't know if it was just a fluke, but I am just relieved!

I'm glad you got in -I never did. I must have tried 15 times using both IE and Firefox. I never had anything like this happen before - I tried off and on for over a week. Oh well, I guess no movie club for me. :mad:

sqromano
08-02-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm glad you got in -I never did. I must have tried 15 times using both IE and Firefox. I never had anything like this happen before - I tried off and on for over a week. Oh well, I guess no movie club for me. :mad:

I'm sorry that never worked for you! I don't know if it was using a different credit card or slightly changin my movie selection, or if it was none of the above.

fanofree
08-03-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry that never worked for you! I don't know if it was using a different credit card or slightly changin my movie selection, or if it was none of the above.

I was using my DISNEY Visa, so that shouldn't have been a problem. And surely, if they had a movie that was no longer available, it wouldn't have remained on the site for over a week - would it? I think it was typical Disney Web Site issues.

~Kathie
08-03-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm already a member but I stopped my membership. Can I buy a membership for my daughter? Would I have to use a different email address? The DVD's would be shipped to her but I would be paying.

No one answered this so I'm guessing the answer is no go??? :confused:

fanofree
08-24-2009, 10:11 PM
I can't (Insert Word of Choice) believe it! I tried again when I saw the increase and I got the error page again!!!!!! What are the chances?
Will this be up for a couple of days? Maybe it is the time of day? Perhaps if I try as soon as I get home from work tomorrow?

SunshineGirl
08-24-2009, 10:18 PM
I can't (Insert Word of Choice) believe it! I tried again when I saw the increase and I got the error page again!!!!!! What are the chances?
Will this be up for a couple of days? Maybe it is the time of day? Perhaps if I try as soon as I get home from work tomorrow?

It's truly bizarre to me because we have had a lot of people sign up for it and get credit. :( It will definitely be up all week though. So do try again. But I have to think it is something on your computer blocking it.

fanofree
08-26-2009, 09:25 PM
:party:

I got it to work! Yippee!!!

:banana: :clap: :cooldance:

I used a different CC. I wonder if using my Disney Visa was the problem?

SunshineGirl
08-26-2009, 09:32 PM
I used a different CC. I wonder if using my Disney Visa was the problem?

Wouldn't that be ironic??

fanofree
08-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Wouldn't that be ironic??

I remembered yesterday that the Disney Visa has an offer for the movie club - so I thought that might be the reason I kept getting the error message.