PDA

View Full Version : This may be a really dumb question....

andrea2289
09-04-2007, 02:34 PM
I apologize if this has already been answered!! :blush:

I have never really done much shopping through any of the points sites, but
I am starting my Christmas shopping (for four kids) and want to try it out!! Figure why not try to earn some extra and I do a LOT of online shopping for Christmas!

My kids are older and want some gidt cards to their favorite stores. If it doesn't specifically say, can I get credit for gift certificates purchases?

SunshineGirl
09-04-2007, 02:39 PM
So far, no. But there will be quite a few of them that run specials just for the holidays. If you want to buy one for one that is NOT listed, email me and I will double check with them to see if they might do commissions.

andrea2289
09-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks Tricia! I'm glad I asked first!!

chocovrdmicears
09-04-2007, 04:22 PM
By the way...that was NOT a dumb question! That was a great question!...and there is no such thing as a dumb question here on the forum. You may (and probably have) just found an answer to a question that many of us had! :hugs:

llgray16
09-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Well, there is one way currently that you can get credit for gift cerificate purchases. There is a merchant call GiveFun.com . You can get 2% back on gc's purchased by going thru the SR link. They even carry Disney gc's!!!

Hedy
09-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Check out givefun-they sell some gift cards and you can get rewards.

SunshineGirl
09-04-2007, 04:40 PM
GiftCertificates.com is pretty cool as well. With GiveFun, you can give them the GiveFun and they can pick anything they want. With GiftCertificates.com, you can either give them a SuperCertificate and they can get what they want or you can order the individual different types of certificates. Both actually have a little better selection of Brick and Mortar certificates than we have through our online merchants.

askomsky
09-04-2007, 10:33 PM
I ordered them and they arrived with in 5 days! The pending credit just posted today for the 15th.
I ordered some Disney cards for the kids when we go on vacation, but my DS8 has 2 bday parties this month and since the kids just went back to school I ordered 2 Barnes and Noble giftcards for their bday. Most kids at that age now just want the giftcards anyway, so i didn't feel bad getting them for books, plus I'm getting the credit for it! :cooldance:

chipndale
09-04-2007, 11:14 PM
So far, no. But there will be quite a few of them that run specials just for the holidays. If you want to buy one for one that is NOT listed, email me and I will double check with them to see if they might do commissions.

That is good to know.

andrea2289
09-05-2007, 08:03 AM
I like being able to buy the Disney Gift Cards!! :rotfl: