PDA

View Full Version : OTX Question

sqromano
08-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions. I have completed an OTX survey several days since 7/24. I have not gotten credit for any of them. I clear cookies before and wait at least a couple hours before clearing cookies again. I have my settings to accept third party cookies. I do not rush or take too long. I cannot think what might be going on. During this problem, I did complete a virus scan. I am frustrated with spending the time on these if they are not gong to credit. I had been having luck with them crediting, so I am not sure if there is something that I did that maybe messed things up. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

m 'n c
08-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Have you installed anything new on your computer or upgraded any software?

marcymajor
08-03-2009, 04:42 PM
i am so sorry that u r having so many problems with otx surveys not crediting. after u ran the virus scan did you re-check your settings on your computer to make sure they are still set the way they were b4 you ran the scan? also, what browser and what kind of computer r u using? wish i could be more help to you but i really don't know why they r not crediting if you are finishing the whole survey and get the thank you for taking our survey page and you go thru all the amp and eversave pages. HTH a little bit.:sunshine2:

sqromano
08-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Have you installed anything new on your computer or upgraded any software?

No. That's why I am not sure what could be wrong!

sqromano
08-03-2009, 04:51 PM
i am so sorry that u r having so many problems with otx surveys not crediting. after u ran the virus scan did you re-check your settings on your computer to make sure they are still set the way they were b4 you ran the scan? also, what browser and what kind of computer r u using? wish i could be more help to you but i really don't know why they r not crediting if you are finishing the whole survey and get the thank you for taking our survey page and you go thru all the amp and eversave pages. HTH a little bit.:sunshine2:

I re-checked my settings a couple times and nothing had changed. I didn't have any blocked sites, so that couldn't be the problem. I mainly use IE7 and have a Dell that is about 18 months old. I have Vista as my OS. I have gotten the congrats page and tried going through all the AMP and eversave pages, keeping the page open for a few minutes, etc. I don't know why, but I rarely get credit unless I keep the AMP page open for a few minutes after finishing!

SunshineGirl
08-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I re-checked my settings a couple times and nothing had changed. I didn't have any blocked sites, so that couldn't be the problem. I mainly use IE7 and have a Dell that is about 18 months old. I have Vista as my OS. I have gotten the congrats page and tried going through all the AMP and eversave pages, keeping the page open for a few minutes, etc. I don't know why, but I rarely get credit unless I keep the AMP page open for a few minutes after finishing!

Is everything maybe taking a long time to load? So it's taking a really long time for the invisible image that tells them to give us credit to load?

sqromano
08-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Is everything maybe taking a long time to load? So it's taking a really long time for the invisible image that tells them to give us credit to load?

Which parts do you mean slow to load? The survey questions themselves or the AMP and Eversave pages afterwards? Lately, things have been a little slower loading the AMP and Eversave pages. I don't think anything changed with the survey questions.

SunshineGirl
08-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Which parts do you mean slow to load? The survey questions themselves or the AMP and Eversave pages afterwards? Lately, things have been a little slower loading the AMP and Eversave pages. I don't think anything changed with the survey questions.

The AMP and Eversave pages afterward. That's where the little hidden image is that has to load for AMP to know that they owe us money.

sqromano
08-03-2009, 05:17 PM
The AMP and Eversave pages afterward. That's where the little hidden image is that has to load for AMP to know that they owe us money.

Those have been slower to load lately. Is there anything I can do about that? I can guarantee if the first page is the one from coupons.com that prompts for my zipcode that I will not get credit. Is it just my funky computer?

wendyburger
08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
I feel your pain :computer: It has been a while since I've even been able to GET a survey and the last two that I completed haven't credited I thought the first one was because i accidentally typed in my email address wrong, and realized it as i was pressing submit. So it was probably a non-workig address. But today, i made sure it was typed correctly, let the amp page load, checked that i could store cookies, etc......no credit :(

Jusacuz
08-04-2009, 03:09 PM
The last three OTX surveys I've done I haven't received credit for. I was pretty excited to even get into any surveys because for months I couldn't get any and now I get them, but don't earn from them. sigh. I've tried the suggestions and nothing has worked.

jtowner
08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
What software do you use, and what browser to you use.? Are you using the ccleaner.com and making sure you cleared your cookies and temporary files.I do not see why if you complete them why they would not credit, since there is not bigger issue with getting credit lately. I did mine earlier using IE and it credits about 5 minutes after the hour I did it. Give us more detail so we can try to help you.

Jtowner

sqromano
08-04-2009, 04:04 PM
OK. Here is exactly what I do, and have done pretty much for a while. I use IE7 and Vista as my OS. I use CC Cleaner to clear cookies, temp files, recycling bin before starting a survey. I have found I ALWAYS need to time starting the survey so that taking it will not cross over into the next hour, otherwise no credit. I do the survey, keeping all information consistent and taking my time. Once I get the congrats page and the AMP and Eversave pages load, I need to keep the window open for several minutes. I have found that if I don't, I rarely get credit. Then I close the window and leave my computer. I do not clear cookies until I either get credit at the top of the next hour or two hours later. At that point I figure I am not getting the credit. I took today off from even trying an OTX. I will try again tomorrow and hope for the best! I have never had 100% crediting, but never 0% in a two week span!

jtowner
08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
The only thing diferent I do is leave my completed and page up until after it credits, then I take it down. Only on OTX I use IE 8 and I hate Vista so I use only XP computers. I use FF on GF and 2cents surveys, It sounds like you do everthing right, it must be a vista issue, it is possible that you do not have 3rd party cookies checked in IE? They are a pain to find, FF is much easier to work with for cookies issues. I quit using FF on OTX because sometimes FF does not work right with OTX. Also I did the upgrade to IE 8 , but I read here some pople are having credit issues with that browser, I am not, but again I mainly use FF expect for OTX. Maybe someone else may have a suggestion for you. I am sorry if this did not help you out,

Jtowner

sqromano
08-04-2009, 05:29 PM
The only thing diferent I do is leave my completed and page up until after it credits, then I take it down. Only on OTX I use IE 8 and I hate Vista so I use only XP computers. I use FF on GF and 2cents surveys, It sounds like you do everthing right, it must be a vista issue, it is possible that you do not have 3rd party cookies checked in IE? They are a pain to find, FF is much easier to work with for cookies issues. I quit using FF on OTX because sometimes FF does not work right with OTX. Also I did the upgrade to IE 8 , but I read here some pople are having credit issues with that browser, I am not, but again I mainly use FF expect for OTX. Maybe someone else may have a suggestion for you. I am sorry if this did not help you out,

Jtowner

You actually keep the completed page up until after it credits? I have never done thta, so maybe I will try that one. Not much to lose, right? And I do have the box checked to accept third party cookies. I have only ever used my computer with Vista since joining SR, but we just set our old computer up with XP for the kids to use, so maybe I will try that one. Thanks for your thoughts!

jtowner
08-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Yes I do keep it up until after it credits, I do not now if it does antyhing but I do it anyway. If you go to the xp computer do not forget to add the cccleaner on it and clean it good first. I am sure they do not do that. Good luck anhd keep me posted how you do. I forgot to ask you do you get GF or 2cents to credit? Let me know, now I am curious to see what the problem is.

jtowner

jnorth1007
08-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I don't believe Vista is the problem. I use a computer with Vista to do everything and I have no issues. I also didn't know about leaving open the amp and eversave pages and I have never done that. I get 90%+ of my OTX credits. It seems to me that you are doing everything right but something is capturing your cookies. Do you have any toolbars installed? I would run a very thorough cleaning of your system. Something is preventing your cookies from being recognized and usually they are toolbars, cookies and spyware from other companies who are getting the credit for the surveys you do. I also wanted to make sure you knew not to have other browsers open when doing anything that involves cookies. It is fine for DS because they credit by userid but I have found I can't do anything else while have AOL, other IE tabs or anything else open or it throws off my cookies and I lower my chances of getting credit. I hope you get this figured out!

metallicaruler80
08-05-2009, 01:00 PM
I have never had a problem with OTX crediting until the last 2 days. I got to the end yesterday and today and no credits. Last week I had no problems and I am not doing anything different.

Any suggestions? Do I just give up?

:computer::computer:

29apr00
08-06-2009, 12:18 PM
FINALLY!! :cooldance: After loosing 2 yesterday and 1 this morning, i finally got one to go and credit!

sqromano
08-06-2009, 12:31 PM
FINALLY!! :cooldance: After loosing 2 yesterday and 1 this morning, i finally got one to go and credit!

Congratulations! I am still trying to qualify for today! I hope your luck rubs off. :sunshine:

askomsky
08-06-2009, 12:40 PM
I guess it's different for everyone, I NEVER leave the AMP offer page open when I'm done. As soon as i get the thank you page and it's starting to go into the offers I close the window out.

sqromano
08-06-2009, 05:08 PM
I just got my first OTX to credit in almost 2 weeks!!!! :banana: I took a couple suggestions, including removing a toolbar that I was never using anyway and leaving my last window open a little extra. I don't know what made it work, but I was starting to worry and now I am thrilled! Thank you to all who offered suggestions. I can always count on everyone to help!

marcymajor
08-13-2009, 04:13 AM
was halfway thru an otx survey on car buying and got this message:
Unexpected error

We?re sorry, but an unexpected error has occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion.
i got out of it, cleared out my cookies and tried to get another one and now it is saying i have reached my limit for the day. do you think i should wait another hour and try again or am i just out of luck for today with otx? any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:
waited more than an hour this morning and tried again and was able to get another otx survey this morning and it has already credited. guess i'm beginning to learn to art of patience and not get as stressed out as i used to about surveys.

lrsellars
08-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Had my first OTX survey issue today - never got credit.